Kario Charts - News and Announcements

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    MagicMurderBag7;4234109 said:
    Not sure what the other one could be but i would guess this one is Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

The fact that you have successfully gotten a few memes would lead me to believe this. Also who actually listens to the song out side of Rick Rolls

I'm pretty sure that the reason that song was originally used for that purpose is because it was a massively popular hit which reached the top of many charts. That's basically the definition of popular, even if most people nowadays would consider it cheesy and dated.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    As much as I would adore to play Never Gonna Give You Up in Rock Band, I doubt that song will ever see the light of day.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I don't doubt it will be on Rock Band someday. The likelihood of it coming out on the RBN is very slim though since the song was released under RCA.
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Kariodude;4234433 said:
    I don't doubt it will be on Rock Band someday. The likelihood of it coming out on the RBN is very slim though since the song was released under RCA.
    Damn, that sucks.

I remember way back when, I think it was TheRollingBones who was making his RB3 prediction setlist, and he had Never Gonna Give You Up as a mystery song, which was unlocked when you played shuffle for the first time, and you unlocked an achievement/trophy for it.

Would've been a fantastic use of the license to use the song, haha.

I thought HMX finally resolved with RCA, or was it Warner Music Group they had issues with?
  • Time-MasheenTime-Masheen Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    You know I can't wait for the Bed Intruder and Throwing Fire.
    edited December 2010
    There were issues with Warner but those were put to rest back in like May of 2009.

I say that the song is unlikely because bigger labels don't seem all that keen on RBN still. EMI is the biggest label that has really been involved and their involvement has been extremely half-hearted and spread out.
  • BravoGangUSBravoGangUS Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Double Rainbow and Bed Intruder Song are gonna be amazing additions to RB

I assume harmonies will also be charted?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2010
    I thought the Bed Intruder song would be off limits, but you got it, so I might as well suggest a similar song that would be pretty great for RBN 2.0 with keyboards:

A Glorious Dawn (Symphony of Science)
    edited January 2011
    I will contact them and see what happens. As I've said before though, I won't announce anything further unless I get a resounding NO or get a contract signed.

Speaking of things I can't talk about. OMGYOUTUBEGUITARPLAYERAWESOMENESSINCOMING! That's all I can say at the moment. Enjoy guessing.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Kariodude;4244308 said:
    Speaking of things I can't talk about. OMGYOUTUBEGUITARPLAYERAWESOMENESSINCOMING! That's all I can say at the moment. Enjoy guessing.

JerryC? If it is, I'd be surprised that nobody has contacted him already.
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Kariodude;4244308 said:
    OMGYOUTUBEGUITARPLAYERAWESOMENESSINCOMING! That's all I can say at the moment. Enjoy guessing.
    Andy McKee?
    Bo Burnham?
    This hot Parisian chick? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR8EQIusnnE&feature=related
    edited January 2011
    I know who it is....
    edited January 2011
    For all of the latest news you can now follow Kario Charts on Twitter. @KarioCharts will probably get news a fraction of a second before this thread does and before the upcoming website does.
    edited January 2011
    I am very happy to be now working with Kario Charts. It's really fun and it gets very excitable at times. I hope that a lot of my days will be fun with Kario Charts. Kario's a cool dude, I've known him for years now and I'm very grateful that he gave me this job.
  • AQuickAliasAQuickAlias Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    My money's on JerryC... I'd love to play Canon Rock or one of its many ridiculous youtube covers.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqDmbHq5HaM
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Nah. My money's on MattRach.

The guy's amazingly talented. He used to have tons of his other (and better) stuff up there a long time ago, but now it's gone for some reason :(

You can fully check him out on iTunes though. R2D2 and Crazy Bell are my recommendations.

Please, oh PLEASE be MattRach!

EDIT: And for you Steve Vai fans, his solo stuff is VERY reminescent of him.
  • geegSHgeegSH Unsigned
    edited January 2011
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Wait, I just went on your Twitter, and I saw this:

"Yes We! Yes We Can"

Does this mean what I think it does?!?

EDIT: This was on KarioDude, not KarioCharts. Nevermind.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Gigakoops;4257416 said:
    Wait, I just went on your Twitter, and I saw this:

"Yes We! Yes We Can"

Does this mean what I think it does?!?

EDIT: This was on KarioDude, not KarioCharts. Nevermind.
    A smart move. I don't think anyone would actually download that song, except maybe you.
    edited January 2011
    Evolus;4263344 said:
    A smart move. I don't think anyone would actually download that song, except maybe you.

If he would have said he was working on it, I would troll him. I was hoping it meant nothing.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Gigakoops;4263482 said:
    If he would have said he was working on it, I would troll him. I was hoping it meant nothing.

All I'll say is that someone, somewhere, is certainly working on it.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah guys, come on. It's Made in Mexico. Someone somewhere HAS to be working on it right?
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, but I kinda didn't like the song. By that, I mean that's one reason why I don't play GH2 anymore.
    edited January 2011
    Don't forget Farewell Myth, a very different sounding song from Guitar Hero 1. Sure if Made in Mexico comes to Rock Band we will get those songs.

Of course I thought for sure that we would get Six if we ever got All That Remains. 9 songs available and none of them are Six.
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Kariodude;4265200 said:

Of course I thought for sure that we would get Six if we ever got All That Remains. 9 songs available and none of them are Six.

My thoughts exactly. I hope another batch of ATR comes out. perhaps with Not Alone, Six, and This Darkened Heart. Throw in 2x Bass and make me reallly happy.
  • edited February 2011
    how about a preview vid of The Bed Intruder Song
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    You guys should really get this song in RBN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCVMuevcCvY

You can't fail with a song about zombies :)
    edited February 2011
    I'm happy to announce another artist coming to the Rock Band Network. This is the one I alluded too when I said something about a famous guitarist from YouTube. Admittedly, that isn't a fair hint since he isn't a YouTube celebrity, that's just where I know him from. That said, the video I was referring to does over 5 million views. I'm proud to say Kario Charts is bringing Erik Mongrain to the Rock Band Network! We will be authoring the following songs by Mr. Mongrain

AirTap!
    Percusienfa
    Fusion
    Fates
    A Ripple Effect
    Equilibrium
    Raindigger

Look for more announcements from Kario Charts in the future. I'm still negotiating things will several artists, you never know what might pop up!
    edited February 2011
    The response to my Mongrain announcement has been AMAZING!

Speaking of amazing announcements, I'm happy to announce there might possibly be a Bed Intruder video later this week maybe.

Probably.

I'd also like to express my admiration for the other authors and authoring groups out there. When I took this on, I was not prepared for what would come my way. I have been in contact with some huge people. When I say huge, I mean like iconic rock icons from the 60s and 70s and even amazing 90s artists. Will something come from these communications, it's still possible. With all the excitement, there's also been a lot of let downs. Deals that fall through for whatever reason or artists that are totally into the idea but are restricted by Universal or Warner. It can be discouraging at times. I may only bring a few artists to the RBN, but at the end of the day, I still feel honored and privileged to be a part of such an amazing franchise. Look for more announcements and things and stuff and whatnot.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Don't get discouraged. You'll hear no a lot, but every time you get a yes, it is a step toward bringing great songs to Rock Band.
This discussion has been closed.