Kario Charts - News and Announcements

Comments

  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2010
    I thought the Bed Intruder song would be off limits, but you got it, so I might as well suggest a similar song that would be pretty great for RBN 2.0 with keyboards:

    A Glorious Dawn (Symphony of Science)
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I will contact them and see what happens. As I've said before though, I won't announce anything further unless I get a resounding NO or get a contract signed.

    Speaking of things I can't talk about. OMGYOUTUBEGUITARPLAYERAWESOMENESSINCOMING! That's all I can say at the moment. Enjoy guessing.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Kariodude;4244308 said:
    Speaking of things I can't talk about. OMGYOUTUBEGUITARPLAYERAWESOMENESSINCOMING! That's all I can say at the moment. Enjoy guessing.

    JerryC? If it is, I'd be surprised that nobody has contacted him already.
  • The-Dude1212The-Dude1212 Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Kariodude;4244308 said:
    OMGYOUTUBEGUITARPLAYERAWESOMENESSINCOMING! That's all I can say at the moment. Enjoy guessing.
    Andy McKee?
    Bo Burnham?
    This hot Parisian chick? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR8EQIusnnE&feature=related
  • Time-MasheenTime-Masheen Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I know who it is....
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    For all of the latest news you can now follow Kario Charts on Twitter. @KarioCharts will probably get news a fraction of a second before this thread does and before the upcoming website does.
  • Time-MasheenTime-Masheen Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    I am very happy to be now working with Kario Charts. It's really fun and it gets very excitable at times. I hope that a lot of my days will be fun with Kario Charts. Kario's a cool dude, I've known him for years now and I'm very grateful that he gave me this job.
  • AQuickAliasAQuickAlias Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    My money's on JerryC... I'd love to play Canon Rock or one of its many ridiculous youtube covers.

    Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqDmbHq5HaM
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Nah. My money's on MattRach.

    The guy's amazingly talented. He used to have tons of his other (and better) stuff up there a long time ago, but now it's gone for some reason :(

    You can fully check him out on iTunes though. R2D2 and Crazy Bell are my recommendations.

    Please, oh PLEASE be MattRach!

    EDIT: And for you Steve Vai fans, his solo stuff is VERY reminescent of him.
  • geegSHgeegSH Unsigned
    edited January 2011
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Wait, I just went on your Twitter, and I saw this:

    "Yes We! Yes We Can"

    Does this mean what I think it does?!?

    EDIT: This was on KarioDude, not KarioCharts. Nevermind.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Gigakoops;4257416 said:
    Wait, I just went on your Twitter, and I saw this:

    "Yes We! Yes We Can"

    Does this mean what I think it does?!?

    EDIT: This was on KarioDude, not KarioCharts. Nevermind.
    A smart move. I don't think anyone would actually download that song, except maybe you.
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Evolus;4263344 said:
    A smart move. I don't think anyone would actually download that song, except maybe you.

    If he would have said he was working on it, I would troll him. I was hoping it meant nothing.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Gigakoops;4263482 said:
    If he would have said he was working on it, I would troll him. I was hoping it meant nothing.

    All I'll say is that someone, somewhere, is certainly working on it.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Yeah guys, come on. It's Made in Mexico. Someone somewhere HAS to be working on it right?
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, but I kinda didn't like the song. By that, I mean that's one reason why I don't play GH2 anymore.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Don't forget Farewell Myth, a very different sounding song from Guitar Hero 1. Sure if Made in Mexico comes to Rock Band we will get those songs.

    Of course I thought for sure that we would get Six if we ever got All That Remains. 9 songs available and none of them are Six.
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Kariodude;4265200 said:

    Of course I thought for sure that we would get Six if we ever got All That Remains. 9 songs available and none of them are Six.

    My thoughts exactly. I hope another batch of ATR comes out. perhaps with Not Alone, Six, and This Darkened Heart. Throw in 2x Bass and make me reallly happy.
  • edited February 2011
    how about a preview vid of The Bed Intruder Song
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    You guys should really get this song in RBN:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCVMuevcCvY

    You can't fail with a song about zombies :)
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I'm happy to announce another artist coming to the Rock Band Network. This is the one I alluded too when I said something about a famous guitarist from YouTube. Admittedly, that isn't a fair hint since he isn't a YouTube celebrity, that's just where I know him from. That said, the video I was referring to does over 5 million views. I'm proud to say Kario Charts is bringing Erik Mongrain to the Rock Band Network! We will be authoring the following songs by Mr. Mongrain

    AirTap!
    Percusienfa
    Fusion
    Fates
    A Ripple Effect
    Equilibrium
    Raindigger

    Look for more announcements from Kario Charts in the future. I'm still negotiating things will several artists, you never know what might pop up!
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    The response to my Mongrain announcement has been AMAZING!

    Speaking of amazing announcements, I'm happy to announce there might possibly be a Bed Intruder video later this week maybe.

    Probably.

    I'd also like to express my admiration for the other authors and authoring groups out there. When I took this on, I was not prepared for what would come my way. I have been in contact with some huge people. When I say huge, I mean like iconic rock icons from the 60s and 70s and even amazing 90s artists. Will something come from these communications, it's still possible. With all the excitement, there's also been a lot of let downs. Deals that fall through for whatever reason or artists that are totally into the idea but are restricted by Universal or Warner. It can be discouraging at times. I may only bring a few artists to the RBN, but at the end of the day, I still feel honored and privileged to be a part of such an amazing franchise. Look for more announcements and things and stuff and whatnot.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Don't get discouraged. You'll hear no a lot, but every time you get a yes, it is a step toward bringing great songs to Rock Band.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    jeccaneko;4309938 said:
    Don't get discouraged. You'll hear no a lot, but every time you get a yes, it is a step toward bringing great songs to Rock Band.

    Yep, from my personal experience...
    "That would be awesome, I love you man..." :)
    "We are not [Band Name Witheld], we are their publicity team. We don't give out contact information to anyone." :(
    "Client email [email witheld] not valid"(Website wasn't updated in five years either) :(
    "Sorry, there were negotions with HMX and [label witheld] last year that fell through" :(
    "We'd be happy to help whoever get that on to the RBN. Contact me at..." :)
    "I'd love to help you, but we don't own the rights to that song anymore" :(
    "Lets do it" :)

    So, while you'll go through a lot of dissapointment of rejection, sometimes the best thing you can hear, and what I hear most often is, "We're working on it"
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4309976 said:
    Yep, from my personal experience...
    "That would be awesome, I love you man..." :)
    "We are not [Band Name Witheld], we are their publicity team. We don't give out contact information to anyone." :(
    "Client email [email witheld] not valid"(Website wasn't updated in five years either) :(
    "Sorry, there were negotions with HMX and [label witheld] last year that fell through" :(
    "We'd be happy to help whoever get that on to the RBN. Contact me at..." :)
    "I'd love to help you, but we don't own the rights to that song anymore" :(
    "Lets do it" :)

    So, while you'll go through a lot of dissapointment of rejection, sometimes the best thing you can hear, and what I hear most often is, "We're working on it"

    My personal experience has been more "..." than any of that. Just flat-out no response at all. I think I only got two polite rejections total and the rest ignored. It was horribly discouraging, but we did get people that ended up saying yes and gave us a chance. Now artists have begun coming to us, we're up to our necks in work, and we couldn't have it any other way.

    At the end of the day, when the songs you do get pass Peer Review and the artists who believed in you begin benefiting from RBN thanks to you, it all becomes worth it.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    [QUOTE=Arcanon;4310105]My personal experience has been more "..." than any of that. Just flat-out no response at all. I think I only got two polite rejections total and the rest ignored.QUOTE]

    Yeah, a lot of that, especially from the labels. At least your rejections wern't jerks like some certain band that has a game in the opposite franchise...
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4310472 said:
    Yeah, a lot of that, especially from the labels. At least your rejections wern't jerks like some certain band that has a game in the opposite franchise...

    Metallica?

    Just what did they say? I can't imagine them being that put off about the idea.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Bed Intruder?!Sweet you know how many times my friends get this damn song stuck in my head?
    Payback time!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    jeccaneko;4309938 said:
    Don't get discouraged. You'll hear no a lot, but every time you get a yes, it is a step toward bringing great songs to Rock Band.

    My favorite :Band : "Oh hell yeah! We can't wait to get started, this is awesome. Just contact the label to get the stems and we can do this."Label : "Are you kidding? Die in a fire.";)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4310518 said:
    Metallica?

    Just what did they say? I can't imagine them being that put off about the idea.

    They were the ones with the jerk management team that wouldn't give me any contact information. I bet if I had gotten through to them, I could have convinced them, but hey, thats the music industry for ya
This discussion has been closed.