Kario Charts - News and Announcements

Comments

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    [QUOTE=Arcanon;4310105]My personal experience has been more "..." than any of that. Just flat-out no response at all. I think I only got two polite rejections total and the rest ignored.QUOTE]

Yeah, a lot of that, especially from the labels. At least your rejections wern't jerks like some certain band that has a game in the opposite franchise...
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4310472 said:
    Yeah, a lot of that, especially from the labels. At least your rejections wern't jerks like some certain band that has a game in the opposite franchise...

Metallica?

Just what did they say? I can't imagine them being that put off about the idea.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Bed Intruder?!Sweet you know how many times my friends get this damn song stuck in my head?
    Payback time!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2011
    jeccaneko;4309938 said:
    Don't get discouraged. You'll hear no a lot, but every time you get a yes, it is a step toward bringing great songs to Rock Band.

My favorite :Band : "Oh hell yeah! We can't wait to get started, this is awesome. Just contact the label to get the stems and we can do this."Label : "Are you kidding? Die in a fire.";)
    edited February 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4310518 said:
    Metallica?

Just what did they say? I can't imagine them being that put off about the idea.

They were the ones with the jerk management team that wouldn't give me any contact information. I bet if I had gotten through to them, I could have convinced them, but hey, thats the music industry for ya
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    TubaDude49;4310472 said:

I'm glad that we didn't get that, and I'm sorry to hear that you did.

Anyways, I'm gonna help steer this thread back on topic. I looked up this Mongrain dude, and holy crap. That dude has talent. Very nice find there, looking forward to seeing it on RBN!
  • jarodtoiletboyjarodtoiletboy Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4310580 said:
    My favorite :Band : "Oh hell yeah! We can't wait to get started, this is awesome. Just contact the label to get the stems and we can do this."Label : "Are you kidding? Die in a fire.";)

Holy Crap!
    How rude!
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    So, that's what happened with those Protest the Hero tracks? :(
    edited February 2011

The exact situation that screwed Ozone's reputation to a large portion of the internet.

Anyways, on topic, can't wait for Bed Intruder
    edited February 2011
    jarodtoiletboy;4310786 said:
    Holy Crap!
    How rude!

Still in the works.Label is just slow.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    I think the strangest thing I've run into with trying to get a song is the artist saying "We licensed that song to Harmonix in 2008. It's never been released but since I signed with them I don't think I can sign with you."

One on hand, I'm excited the song might still be coming. On the other hand, it's been over 2 years.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Kariodude;4312593 said:
    I think the strangest thing I've run into with trying to get a song is the artist saying "We licensed that song to Harmonix in 2008. It's never been released but since I signed with them I don't think I can sign with you."

One on hand, I'm excited the song might still be coming. On the other hand, it's been over 2 years.

What song are you speaking about exactly? Beans were meant to be spilled.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if you could ask Harmonix about it. Or you could always try to get a different song from that artist?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Who is this artist? One, little hint? :)
    edited February 2011
    No hints. I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. If it ever gets released or I get it somehow, I'll let you all know.
    edited February 2011
    Kariodude;4312593 said:

Got that too, but I had my expectations dashed when he said the deal fell through with Universal

EDIT: You might want to contact HMX and see what's up. They'd be happy to help if it prevented another fiasco like Underoath on the RBN
    edited February 2011
    Might be a dumb question, but how and who would I contact? Seems like it would be a tough thing to talk about. If there was an email where someone could just say "Hey I emailed _____ and they said they signed that song to you and was wondering if you were still going to release it?" Someone could just make stuff up and hope for a good response.
    edited February 2011
    Kariodude;4314826 said:
    Might be a dumb question, but how and who would I contact? Seems like it would be a tough thing to talk about. If there was an email where someone could just say "Hey I emailed _____ and they said they signed that song to you and was wondering if you were still going to release it?" Someone could just make stuff up and hope for a good response.

[email]support@harmonixmusic.com[/email]

Pope has connections, and if you are telling the truth, he'll probably get to the bottom of it
    edited February 2011
    They won't reveal the band. I've also ran into at least three different bands that have said they already have music licensed to HMX, but it has yet to come out yet. So I'm pretty sure the wait list is fairly large to get your music in as DLC.
    edited February 2011
    Feels quite surreal that some songs would have to wait years to be released. Whatever the songs are, hope they get out eventually.
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4314883 said:
    They won't reveal the band. I've also ran into at least three different bands that have said they already have music licensed to HMX, but it has yet to come out yet. So I'm pretty sure the wait list is fairly large to get your music in as DLC.

If you tell them the band, and show them the email they sent you, they'd verify it against their own data and tell you whats going on. That's what I did regarding a potential client
  • U2111U2U2111U2 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4307265 said:
    The response to my Mongrain announcement has been AMAZING!

Speaking of amazing announcements, I'm happy to announce there might possibly be a Bed Intruder video later this week maybe.

Probably.

I'd also like to express my admiration for the other authors and authoring groups out there. When I took this on, I was not prepared for what would come my way. I have been in contact with some huge people. When I say huge, I mean like iconic rock icons from the 60s and 70s and even amazing 90s artists. Will something come from these communications, it's still possible. With all the excitement, there's also been a lot of let downs. Deals that fall through for whatever reason or artists that are totally into the idea but are restricted by Universal or Warner. It can be discouraging at times. I may only bring a few artists to the RBN, but at the end of the day, I still feel honored and privileged to be a part of such an amazing franchise. Look for more announcements and things and stuff and whatnot.

What happened to the preview of Bed Intruder? Is it still coming out?
    edited March 2011
    It was a combination of things. Some family issues got in the way of charting AND I ended up having a harder time with charting auto-tuned vocals than I thought I would. It's still coming, just not entirely sure when.

Also, for the last couple of months I've been in negotiations to get Chuck Berry into the Rock Band Network. His management was completely on board but Mr. Berry doesn't want to do it. I completely respect the man so when I was informed of this last week I decided not to push it any further. They did say that if anything changed in the future they would be keeping my information handy, so keep your fingers crossed. Just thought I'd let people know this so they'd know I'm not just a YouTube talent focused person and that I'm still actively seeking more to do.
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4330658 said:
    It was a combination of things. Some family issues got in the way of charting AND I ended up having a harder time with charting auto-tuned vocals than I thought I would. It's still coming, just not entirely sure when.

Also, for the last couple of months I've been in negotiations to get Chuck Berry into the Rock Band Network. His management was completely on board but Mr. Berry doesn't want to do it. I completely respect the man so when I was informed of this last week I decided not to push it any further. They did say that if anything changed in the future they would be keeping my information handy, so keep your fingers crossed. Just thought I'd let people know this so they'd know I'm not just a YouTube talent focused person and that I'm still actively seeking more to do.

That's a shame - Johnny B. Goode would be a blast to play. You should try to get Adam Sandler's song "Lunch Lady Land" into RBN. LOL
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    "WINNING" by Autotune the News/Charlie Sheen!!!
    edited March 2011
    ^ this. Epic winning.
    edited March 2011
    I'll probably try to get that once Bed Intruder is out and I'm working on Double Rainbow. The Gregory Brothers are going on tour soon too so they will be really busy.

Bed Intruder is coming along nicely. I basically did what I thought was going to be the hardest (Pro Keys) first and then did vocals last because I can usually breeze through them. Instead, my ears keep playing tricks on me since I hear the auto-tuned vocals and his normal speech simultaneously which makes my head hurt. No promises, but I'm thinking I'll be able to get a video up within the next week.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4332589 said:
    Instead, my ears keep playing tricks on me since I hear the auto-tuned vocals and his normal speech simultaneously which makes my head hurt.

Are you like "DUDE, CAN'T HANDLE IT!"?

Jesus, I really want Winning. I would play the drums every freaking day.
  • edited March 2011
    Backin' Up is the best one they have done and i would pay 240MSP for that lol
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    kingtonyx;4330876 said:
    "WINNING" by Autotune the News/Charlie Sheen!!!
    I bet Mr Sheen would love the idea of people making money off his 'performance'...

In fact I wonder how much legal stuff there is to do to get Bed Intruder cleared, since I believe the content is from a local news report which the station presumably own the rights to.
This discussion has been closed.