Kario Charts - News and Announcements

Comments

• Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Feels quite surreal that some songs would have to wait years to be released. Whatever the songs are, hope they get out eventually.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4314883 said:
    They won't reveal the band. I've also ran into at least three different bands that have said they already have music licensed to HMX, but it has yet to come out yet. So I'm pretty sure the wait list is fairly large to get your music in as DLC.

If you tell them the band, and show them the email they sent you, they'd verify it against their own data and tell you whats going on. That's what I did regarding a potential client
  • U2111U2U2111U2 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4307265 said:
    The response to my Mongrain announcement has been AMAZING!

Speaking of amazing announcements, I'm happy to announce there might possibly be a Bed Intruder video later this week maybe.

Probably.

I'd also like to express my admiration for the other authors and authoring groups out there. When I took this on, I was not prepared for what would come my way. I have been in contact with some huge people. When I say huge, I mean like iconic rock icons from the 60s and 70s and even amazing 90s artists. Will something come from these communications, it's still possible. With all the excitement, there's also been a lot of let downs. Deals that fall through for whatever reason or artists that are totally into the idea but are restricted by Universal or Warner. It can be discouraging at times. I may only bring a few artists to the RBN, but at the end of the day, I still feel honored and privileged to be a part of such an amazing franchise. Look for more announcements and things and stuff and whatnot.

What happened to the preview of Bed Intruder? Is it still coming out?
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    It was a combination of things. Some family issues got in the way of charting AND I ended up having a harder time with charting auto-tuned vocals than I thought I would. It's still coming, just not entirely sure when.

Also, for the last couple of months I've been in negotiations to get Chuck Berry into the Rock Band Network. His management was completely on board but Mr. Berry doesn't want to do it. I completely respect the man so when I was informed of this last week I decided not to push it any further. They did say that if anything changed in the future they would be keeping my information handy, so keep your fingers crossed. Just thought I'd let people know this so they'd know I'm not just a YouTube talent focused person and that I'm still actively seeking more to do.
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4330658 said:
    It was a combination of things. Some family issues got in the way of charting AND I ended up having a harder time with charting auto-tuned vocals than I thought I would. It's still coming, just not entirely sure when.

Also, for the last couple of months I've been in negotiations to get Chuck Berry into the Rock Band Network. His management was completely on board but Mr. Berry doesn't want to do it. I completely respect the man so when I was informed of this last week I decided not to push it any further. They did say that if anything changed in the future they would be keeping my information handy, so keep your fingers crossed. Just thought I'd let people know this so they'd know I'm not just a YouTube talent focused person and that I'm still actively seeking more to do.

That's a shame - Johnny B. Goode would be a blast to play. You should try to get Adam Sandler's song "Lunch Lady Land" into RBN. LOL
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    "WINNING" by Autotune the News/Charlie Sheen!!!
    edited March 2011
    ^ this. Epic winning.
    edited March 2011
    I'll probably try to get that once Bed Intruder is out and I'm working on Double Rainbow. The Gregory Brothers are going on tour soon too so they will be really busy.

Bed Intruder is coming along nicely. I basically did what I thought was going to be the hardest (Pro Keys) first and then did vocals last because I can usually breeze through them. Instead, my ears keep playing tricks on me since I hear the auto-tuned vocals and his normal speech simultaneously which makes my head hurt. No promises, but I'm thinking I'll be able to get a video up within the next week.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4332589 said:
    Instead, my ears keep playing tricks on me since I hear the auto-tuned vocals and his normal speech simultaneously which makes my head hurt.

Are you like "DUDE, CAN'T HANDLE IT!"?

Jesus, I really want Winning. I would play the drums every freaking day.
  • edited March 2011
    Backin' Up is the best one they have done and i would pay 240MSP for that lol
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    kingtonyx;4330876 said:
    "WINNING" by Autotune the News/Charlie Sheen!!!
    I bet Mr Sheen would love the idea of people making money off his 'performance'...

In fact I wonder how much legal stuff there is to do to get Bed Intruder cleared, since I believe the content is from a local news report which the station presumably own the rights to.
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jpxlzv8r4

I found this online. Not sure if anyone is interested in watching it though.
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4337139 said:

Sounds great - but I'm curious as to where you got the audio, or who you contacted for that matter?
    edited March 2011
    I signed the Gregory Brothers back in December. They sent me the audio just like any artist sends masters to RBN authors.
  • AnotherChrisAnotherChris Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4337139 said:

This is awesome! I can't wait for this to hit the store. One of my two favorite news related remixes. Now if only someone could get 'Zoomzip vs da Gold', aka the Mobile Leprechaun song, my RBN life would be pretty darn complete.

Great work on Bed Intruder!
    edited March 2011
    Were there any legal issues considering the fact that the main vocal track comes from that news clip?
    edited March 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4337165 said:
    Were there any legal issues considering the fact that the main vocal track comes from that news clip?

That's what I was getting at - I'd assume that the original authors took the vocal track from a youtube clip or something, not from the news station itself.
    edited March 2011
    They only needed to get Antoine Dodson's permission to release the song for sale on iTunes. Same goes for Double Rainbow, they just needed that guy's permission to sell the song.

The WINNING song with Charlie Sheen will probably never be on sale on iTunes or RBN for that matter because they would need Sheen's permission to sell it.
  • BehonkissBehonkiss Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Have you made any attempt to get Double Rainbow on RBN?
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited March 2011
    Behonkiss;4337212 said:
    Have you made any attempt to get Double Rainbow on RBN?

Read the first post. :p
    edited March 2011
    PLEASE, OH PLEASE include the "Well, obviously we have a rapist in Linkin Park..." intro! That makes the first few parts that much more epic.

Oh yes, and thank you for the longer (or iTunes) version. Would've been pretty underwhelming playing just less than a minute and a half of almost anything.
  • edited March 2011
    I was expecting it to be a novelty song thats not much fun to play but awesome to have but those keys look freaking great. Can't wait!
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4337175 said:
    The WINNING song with Charlie Sheen will probably never be on sale on iTunes or RBN for that matter because they would need Sheen's permission to sell it.

Damn....
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Two things:

1) You should definitely include the "we have a rapist" line at the beginning.

2) At 2:27 of this video, there is definitely some synth that is not charted.
    edited March 2011
    The intro line is from the shorter version of the song. It wasn't in the iTunes version because that line became a verse later in the song.

As for the synth that isn't charted, it was already mixed in with all of the background and such so it can't be charted. I thought about making a bass track that just plays those background sounds and noises but it would have been too chaotic.
  • gunner07gunner07 Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    Awesome charts for Bed Intruder, can't wait to play that! For vocals, though, wouldn't it make more sense to split Antoine and Kelly's vocals among the different harmony parts?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    gunner07;4337766 said:
    Awesome charts for Bed Intruder, can't wait to play that! For vocals, though, wouldn't it make more sense to split Antoine and Kelly's vocals among the different harmony parts?

This is one of many changes that will happen between now and the end of the week when I plan to upload it for testing. For some reason it didn't even occur to me until the video had a lot of views.
    edited March 2011
    Kariodude;4337755 said:
    The intro line is from the shorter version of the song. It wasn't in the iTunes version because that line became a verse later in the song.
    Not a huge deal at all. Though, couldn't you just take the intro from the shorter version and add it to this version? Or would you have to get permission for that as well? If so, don't bother delaying the song just for that.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    At 1:33, there is a "hey!" and it's not charted on vocals. Is that for the same reason?
This discussion has been closed.