A revival is required, here.

TheSharkfaceTheSharkface Unsigned
edited November 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
It's an outrage to think that after Harmonix being sold, this game would be forgotten. Does anybody else remember how insane the hype was before this game came out? Seriously! I am recalling times where I was BEGGING the manager at the Gamestop I worked at if I could take the game home early.

For them to not finish releasing DLC would be a serious mistake on their part and a serious backwards peace sign to all of the Beatles fans everywhere.

There were so many promises of just about ALL their albums finding their way into the game. Although they gave us plenty, we're still missing alot of great songs from the rest of the Beatles' discography.

I randomly slap that game in the tray and open the store in hopes that I'll see a complete White Album download or even a Revolver to be bought. Hell, give us a few songs from HELP! But, of course they won't. I mean, I understand that becoming somewhat of a new company, it'd be rather silly to look back at projects they may not have worked on as a whole, but in all honesty- there's money to be made and fans to be gotten and pleased.

So, Harmonix... please please me. I know keyboards will not be transported in as a playable thing, but... maybe start releasing Beatles tracks that were promised and henceforth never delivered- into Rock Band 3?

Would it be redundant to re-purchase some of the top hits through the new game? Yes. Would it be silly to code and animate all those classics for all these new sorts of instruments and whatnot? Maybe.

But, would people buy them? Would we play them? Would we enjoy them and have an even LARGER library in our games?

I for one, say yes.

Also, I understand that it was rather silly to post this in what seems to be a rather barren land in the forums... but it's been on my mind for a while. So, come together... right now... and deliver some new tracks.

-Peace and Love!

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Sorry to say this, but your whole post is flawed since HMX never promised more than what we got. They said that we would, for sure, get Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul, and AYNIL and that's what they gave us. They never promised or said any more would come. They said they would love it if they did get all the albums, but that was a little far-fetched and probably wouldn't happen. They don't owe us anything else. We got what we were promised.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited November 2010
    MostSpartan14;4187719 said:
    Sorry to say this, but your whole post is flawed since HMX never promised more than what we got. They said that we would, for sure, get Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul, and AYNIL and that's what they gave us. They never promised or said any more would come. They said they would love it if they did get all the albums, but that was a little far-fetched and probably wouldn't happen. They don't owe us anything else. We got what we were promised.

Yeah, they don't owe us anything more. We just want more.

By the way, what's AYNIL?
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    All You Need Is Love.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Lets hope in the future, that another company goes out and make the best Beatles game we could ever imagine. TB:RB is a masterpiece, but i hate starting the game up and scroll through the list and see the lack of early songs and MAJOR hits in the game.

For the love of god, where is Please Please Me, Help!, Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, Lady Madonna, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Strawberry Fields Forever, She Said She Said, Let It Be etc.
  • spooky_lightupspooky_lightup Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    She Said She Said is probably my favorite track. I can totally see it being DLC for RB3 someday.

Perhaps there's a glimmer of hope in what Sony/Media Molecule are doing with Little Big Planet 2. Somehow, all the content from the original LBP is being improved for LBP2 with new textures, lighting effects, etc. If Harmonix gets sold to the right buyer, they could conceivably revisit the product down the line. Perhaps with a sequel. Let's face it, despite the M in MTV once standing for Music, they and the Beatles were never a great fit. MTV has been about cheap reality tv for years now.

PS. Has anyone tried to replicate The Beatles using RB3's customizing tool? I saw a very cool Star Wars band the other day.
  • griffin_t_agriffin_t_a Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    PS. Has anyone tried to replicate The Beatles using RB3's customizing tool? I saw a very cool Star Wars band the other day.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I finished John and Paul. I have to unlock the sharkskin suit so they match. The character creation is exhausting since I wanna do them justice. I think John was the hardest. George is next and he should be a breeze(knock on wood) since he's got those distinctive cheekbones. Anyway, here's a vid of Paul singing(some parody I found online) "Imagine".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjuWzI8NZ3M
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    We need something like the community mash up album. but everyone doing and commited unlike the other projects that never got finished.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    TheSharkface;4187538 said:
    maybe start releasing Beatles tracks that were promised and henceforth never delivered- into Rock Band 3?

What are you talking about? New songs that they promised? They are already IN Rock Band 3 now! Under "Beatles, The" All the songs they promised are there. I have no idea what the others are talking about.
    nascarfan19;4187784 said:
    By the way, what's AYNIL?

S*domy....wait no, Love. That's it.
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    gamegyro56;4188231 said:
    What are you talking about? New songs that they promised? They are already IN Rock Band 3 now! Under "Beatles, The" All the songs they promised are there. I have no idea what the others are talking about.

I'm sorry but it's really hard to understand sarcasm over the internet...so you're joking right?
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    beatlesfan99;4188750 said:
    I'm sorry but it's really hard to understand sarcasm over the internet...so you're joking right?

The joke is is that what I'm saying IS true (the songs they promised are in Rock Band 3....But they didn't promise any songs. So the lack of songs is in Rock Band 3)