The Official Banjo-Kazooie Discussion Thread

GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
edited October 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Here you can discuss one of the greatest game franchise of all time... BANJO-KAZOOIE!!!!

Comments

• GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    jjdude1;4193051 said:
    This is why Xbox 360 is awesome, because you can buy the first and second ones on the arcade. they're so awesome and nostalgic.
    Oh heck yes. I'm replaying the first two games, but I can't frickin' beat grunty at the end of 1!
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited November 2010
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I still haven't beaten either BK or BT. They get rough at the end.

NO EXCUSES
    edited November 2010
    citric_bullets;4193553 said:
    I still haven't beaten either BK or BT. They get rough at the end.

NO EXCUSES

I don't think we're the same person anymore.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    To be fair I didn't actually own the games for the longest time. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with our hurtful, hurtful words.
    edited November 2010
    Repent! Shave your noggin!
  • kangaroo62kangaroo62 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    The only one I played was Grunty's Revenge, but I played it for hours every day. I never beat it though, I was only like 8 years old I think.
    edited November 2010
    kangaroo62;4194213 said:
    The only one I played was Grunty's Revenge, but I played it for hours every day. I never beat it though, I was only like 8 years old I think.
    Here's what you need to do:

1) Round up $10.
    2) Log on to Xbox Live
    3) Go to the game marketplace
    4) Find "Banjo-Kazooie" under Arcade
    5) Beat the game to the end
    6) Round up another $10 bucks.
    7) Download Banjo-Tooie
    8) Beat the game to the end.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited December 2010
    I played Banjo-Kazooie for a couple of hours today, it's awesome to have the game once again.
    edited December 2010
    LegendofRock3021;4227992 said:
    I played Banjo-Kazooie for a couple of hours today, it's awesome to have the game once again.

Yeah. I had some serious nostalgia attacks playing BK on XBLA.
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    My heart is with #2. Number one was great, but the second one had so much improvements over it. I was always hoping they'd do a super-game of the two when I was younger that let you play the BK levels on the BT engine and what not. I managed to beat BT, but I couldn't beat BK because of the game board game part and I didn't remember everything. Sigh!

The GBA game was actually pretty good. I beat it on a nice long car ride and it was pretty good for $15. Never touched the 360 title of the racing game yet.
    edited December 2010
    Ledgo2;4229891 said:
    Never touched the 360 title of the racing game yet.

It's only for the creative. And once you beat it, it gets old really fast.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited December 2010
    GreatJedi7;4229151 said:
    Yeah. I had some serious nostalgia attacks playing BK on XBLA.

I played a bunch more yesterday, nothing beats playing it on N64. I'll probably end up playing Banjo-Tooie a short time after I finish Banjo-Kazooie.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited December 2010
    This game has serious childhood nostalgia points for me. Literally almost every weekend for like a year and a half, I tried to beat Gruntilda the final boss. When I finally did it I flipped a sh*t.

Never got too far into Banjo Tooie. Never played the other ones.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    the opening theme of the game should be in rock band
    devil tier on guitar for the banjo!
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Man, I remember playing the original on N64 at the local McDonalds while my mom kept telling my my happy meal was getting cold. :')
    edited September 2012
    Sorry to bring this back from almost two years ago, but HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING!
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    *Goes to play some MORE Banjo-Tooie on 360.*
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    Somebody sent me an Xbox Live message yesterday - total stranger, mind you - and asked me to help them in Banjo-Tooie because they were stuck. I asked what they were stuck on, and they said 'the fire part of hailfire peaks'

Oh, okay

EDIT: I just looked it over again, he actually said 'im stuck at the hailfire level the level that is half fire half ice'

So it's even more vague

For what it's worth I asked if he stood on the giant stone tomb on the left side of the fire side and let Chili Billy throw a fireball at it
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited September 2012
    I've never played the Banjo Kazooie series. I guess this is a good, unbiased place to ask if I should download them on XBL?
  • edited September 2012
    I recommend them. They are full of great humor and interesting cheats.

The whole "Stop'n'Swop" thing fascinates me.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2012
    Banjo-Tooie is one of my favorite games of all time though, so it's not exactly unbiased

I can't stress it enough to purchase both, but you most definitely have to purchase Banjo-Kazooie first because Banjo-Tooie actually uses all of the abilities you learn in B-K right from the get-go
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah you really need to play Kazooie first but Tooie is much better.
    edited September 2012
    One thing they did in the 360 version of Tooie rubs me the wrong way. It involves locking out content until you buy another game and find an item which transfers over. Locking on-disc content is annoying enough, but removing content that was part of the original N64 cartridge until you buy another game is going too far.
  • edited September 2012
    The whole point of the Stop'n'swop was to pause Banjoo Kazooie take out the cartridge and put in Banjo Tooie. Nintendo told Rare that it would be bad for the game and console to do that so they worked around it but on XBLA they could do it (or close to it) so they went for it.

It's not like any of it is necessary to beat the game. It's just a cool feature for those who have both games.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah but it still seems like a step back. Don't get me wrong, I know I'll download the original at some point, but my incentive should be to download the original because it's a great game, not because there were strings attached to Tooie.
  • edited September 2012
    It's more of a reward for those that bought (and completed 100%) Kazooie then an incentive to buy it. Tooie did come out after and again it's not like you need Kazooie (the character) to look like a dragon in order to complete the game. It's literally an Easter egg.

Plus if you're playing the games for the first time why wouldn't you start with Kazooie?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, downloading JUST Tooie? Silly. They're two parts of the same whole, right down to ignoring the gaming trope that you need to forget everything you learned last game.
    edited September 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4891313 said:
    It's more of a reward for those that bought (and completed 100%) Kazooie then an incentive to buy it. Tooie did come out after and again it's not like you need Kazooie (the character) to look like a dragon in order to complete the game. It's literally an Easter egg.

Plus if you're playing the games for the first time why wouldn't you start with Kazooie?
    GNFfhqwhgads;4891319 said:
    Yeah, downloading JUST Tooie? Silly. They're two parts of the same whole, right down to ignoring the gaming trope that you need to forget everything you learned last game.

I owned (and loved) Tooie back on the N64, but I only ever got to rent the original Kazooie. Dragon Kazooie was one of my favorite parts of Tooie back on N64. I see it as rather disheartening to have an HD port come stripped of content in order to capitalize on my fond memories of the original Tooie. Ironic how advancing technology actually restricts a player's fun when limited tech created a fonder experience.

I also don't see Dragon Kazooie as just an Easter Egg since she has moves that normal Kazooie doesn't, like the flame breath and infinite fire eggs.
  • edited September 2012
    The didn't strip content, they made it work the way it was intended to. And like GNF said they are practically 2 parts of the same game. You need to play 1 before 2.