Ayreon

grim88grim88 Opening Act
edited January 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Any update on when that Ayreon song is being released? I've been watching for it every day for a fwe weeks now, but still nothing. I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

• firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited November 2010
    I am exactly the same I have been checking every day for a couple of weeks now... I hope it comes out soon (and we get more Ayreon, and some Star One & Gilt Machine)
  • yigmalshyigmalsh Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Me too!!!! lol
    I check every day.
    I hope it sells wells enough so we see more from Arjen l.
    he is a genious n stuff.....
  • edited November 2010
    Just imagine having to wait even longer for the PS3 release. The POTENTIAL PS3 release. So all of you X-Box players had better buy this song, or I'll be a sad panda.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Der_Lex;4193992 said:
    Just imagine having to wait even longer for the PS3 release. The POTENTIAL PS3 release. So all of you X-Box players had better buy this song, or I'll be a sad panda.

Bet on it. He's one of my favorites.
  • TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I heard a rumor one song from Flight of the Migrator was in testing. But I'm not sure, isn't there a chance it might get pushed back to RBN 2.0?

In any case, I would buy anything from Ayreon, and many of the tracks from his side projects too (Stream of Passion, etc.)

Personally I think "Loser," "Hope," and "Love" from The Human Equation would all be amazing, as would be "Chaos" from Universal Migrator and "The Truth is Here" from 01011001. But really anything would be great.
  • edited November 2010
    TheKrazyKatzzz;4193997 said:
    I heard a rumor one song from Flight of the Migrator was in testing. But I'm not sure, isn't there a chance it might get pushed back to RBN 2.0?
    Are you referring to Dawn of a Million Souls?

Arjen is one of the few artists that I contacted myself about RBN, and pretty much the only one who was kind enough to respond (then again, he answers all e-mails fans send him, because he's awesome like that). Ayreon is one of my top three 'bands I'd like to see in RB' and I'm extremely psyched Century Media supports getting him into the game. I just really hope I won't have to feel the utter disappointment again of the song(s) not getting a PS3 port, like with the other band of that top 3 that never made it over. :(
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    TheKrazyKatzzz;4193997 said:

In any case, I would buy anything from Ayreon, and many of the tracks from his side projects too (Stream of Passion, etc.)

I think Flight of the Migrator, Star One or Strange Fantasy would be the best album choices for singles. The songs are more stand alone. Although I would love to see anything from Electric Castle (my favorite of his). And Sail Away to Avalon would be epic. :)
  • DarkenderDarkender Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Not to be a bummer but Ayreon's song is at 0% in peer review at the moment - and since RB3 came out peer review has been at an almost stand-still because people don't want to play RB2 anymore. I wouldn't hold my breath. When things are FLYING it takes at least a week to go through this process - but it's looking more like a month...
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Darkender;4195358 said:
    Not to be a bummer but Ayreon's song is at 0% in peer review at the moment - and since RB3 came out peer review has been at an almost stand-still because people don't want to play RB2 anymore. I wouldn't hold my breath. When things are FLYING it takes at least a week to go through this process - but it's looking more like a month...
    A month? There is a song I have been waiting for in peer review since April. This is a long process, because there is a slight lack of testers, gotta learn to be patient. ;)
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    DragoonXD;4195432 said:
    A month? There is a song I have been waiting for in peer review since April. This is a long process, because there is a slight lack of testers, gotta learn to be patient. ;)

This. And besides, Darkender, what you said really doesn't make much sense. The majority of playtesters/reviewers are also authors, so it's not that "people don't want to play RB2 anymore". The creators site has been experiencing a lot of errors lately, so that is to blame for many of the delays.

As for this song in particular, I believe it is at 0% because it was just recently re-uploaded after undergoing revisions.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    PowerGamer990;4195576 said:
    This. And besides, Darkender, what you said really doesn't make much sense. The majority of playtesters/reviewers are also authors, so it's not that "people don't want to play RB2 anymore". The creators site has been experiencing a lot of errors lately, so that is to blame for many of the delays.

As for this song in particular, I believe it is at 0% because it was just recently re-uploaded after undergoing revisions.

I think the release of RB3 probably hasn't helped RBN's pipeline though, since all the authors/playtester are obviously big RB players too. Also, now that RB3 is the disc sat in in the Xbox all the time instead of RB2, it's just another little faff needed to get to audition mode.
    edited November 2010
    Man, if testing was on PS3, I'd be reviewing the crap out of it.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    Ayreon without Harmonies and Keys makes me weep. :(
    edited November 2010
    The version of Dawn of a Million Souls is a special mix made specifically for RBN. Arjen re-recorded the guitar and bass and remixed the track to make the keys less prominent.

Although Dawn of a Million Souls isn't the most synth-heavy Ayreon track, and it only features one vocalist. Really, the focal point of the song is the incredible guitar solo (okay, the vocals are pretty immense as well) so in my opinion it's the ideal choice for RBN until it becomes possible to chart harmonies and keys.
  • 4lic4lic Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    With RBN 2.0 coming soon, Ayreon deserves to wait.
  • edited November 2010
    Oscarvarium;4198686 said:

Although Dawn of a Million Souls isn't the most synth-heavy Ayreon track, and it only features one vocalist. Really, the focal point of the song is the incredible guitar solo (okay, the vocals are pretty immense as well) so in my opinion it's the ideal choice for RBN until it becomes possible to chart harmonies and keys.

I have to agree with that, and thought it was a very good choice as well when I heard it would be the first Ayreon RBN release.

Getting some more Ayreon songs with keys and harmonies would be glorious, though. Isis and Osiris off Electric Castle would be my top choice.
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, although I certainly understand the sentiment "let's get the EPIC GUITAR SOLOS" in here (who couldn't) I actually had some Ultimate Setlist threads involving Ayreon a while back, and songs featuring harmonies and catchier lyrics did better, like Loser, Hope, and Love from The Human Equation. (although the margin wasn't that big)
  • edited November 2010
    I think it makes sense for them to wait with the songs with heavier focus on keys and harmonies until those can actually be implemented in RBN tracks.

Dawn of a Million Souls is one of my favorite tracks off of Flight of the Migrator anyway, so I'm not complaining. :D
  • NAM_NeroNAM_Nero Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Oscarvarium;4198686 said:
    The version of Dawn of a Million Souls is a special mix made specifically for RBN. Arjen re-recorded the guitar and bass and remixed the track to make the keys less prominent.

Wow, I hadn't read about that. I was definitely going to buy it before but this just reinforces it, Arjen isn't just a fantastic musician but a great guy too. :D
    edited December 2010
    NAM_Nero;4202945 said:
    Wow, I hadn't read about that. I was definitely going to buy it before but this just reinforces it, Arjen isn't just a fantastic musician but a great guy too. :D

Absolutely. He's really good about responding to emails from fans and gets involved on the forums as well. :)
  • Metal_ManMetal_Man Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Most eagerly awaited RBN track since ever
  • seanhirukiseanhiruki Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I love everything Ayreon so of course I want all his albums in Rock Band. I sing along to them all anyway, so it would be nice to see it in game. Now that we have Keys, i don't think "Dawn of a Million Souls" needs a re-recording, but it will still sound great if it gets one.
    I hope it comes out soon, but I shall be patient.
    edited December 2010
    seanhiruki;4243071 said:
    I love everything Ayreon so of course I want all his albums in Rock Band. I sing along to them all anyway, so it would be nice to see it in game. Now that we have Keys, i don't think "Dawn of a Million Souls" needs a re-recording, but it will still sound great if it gets one.
    I hope it comes out soon, but I shall be patient.
    That's the thing. Dawn of a Million Souls is being released through RBN1.0 so it won't have keys or harmonies support. We agreed that this song was a good one to choose for that because it doesn't have particularly prominent harmonies and only one main vocal line, and what keys there are mostly follow the guitar. In the remix, the keys are lowered, the long strings-only section is shortened and the guitar and bass are re-recorded. I believe the only real difference in the guitar from the original version is the chorus riff is made a bit more interesting to play.
    edited January 2011
    Keep your eyes on error420 for the next couple of days... ;)
  • vitamins999vitamins999 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Oscarvarium;4245348 said:
    Keep your eyes on error420 for the next couple of days... ;)

:D
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Full Trial

Enjoy!

FYI: it's awesome (in case you had any doubts)
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Holy f*****g s**t! It is indeed awesome! Just bought it, and my face has nearly melted..... /epic
  • edited January 2011
    Really looking forward to a PS3 release, and I hope this will be successful enough to lead to some RBN2 tracks with epic keys and harmonies in the not too distant future.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited January 2011
    I shall download demo.

This might be something I'm interested in purchasing.
    edited January 2011
    Starfleet_Rambo;4248054 said:
    I shall download demo.

This might be something I'm interested in purchasing.

Just so you know, the guitar chart for this song is all about the solo, which won't be in the demo. Check out a video of the ful chart before you decide. ;)