Rock Blog Wednesday 07/25/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
At some point over the weekend I went a little nuts and bought a whole bunch of stuff used and new off the web. I got a bunch of DVDs (one of them is one of my favorites - "Monster Squad"...TWO DISC DVD!!!! That is two discs! About whether Wolfman has nards! It is like some film company climbed inside my head and decided to give me something that I would enjoy regardless of consequence) some books, and a CD from an old soul legend who is often forgotten named James Carr. I don't remember how I had heard of him outside of his being the original performer of one of my favorites songs The Dark End of the Street . Sadly, his career was cut short due to bi-polar disorder and he never really became as huge as Otis Redding or Sam Cooke or those guys. I saw a video of him singing You Got My Mind Messed Up shortly before he died in 2001 and it is easily one of the most amazing things I've heard. If you like good old soul check him out. I am really looking forward to seeing this CD in my mail, out of all the crazy stuff I ordered this one easily has the highest awesomosity factor.

A little love for all you bass fans (exclusive to rockband.com)-

Blogs today!

Canfield's musings on rock stardom.

Moss on the home stretch.

Heather on the move.

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Sweet thanks for the post!!!

Enjoy your odd collectibles!
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Nice post as always, I don't know any of the things you mentioned sean, but I might look into them, they sound interesting enough.

I like Canfields mention of you "sean no longer has to sit in someone’s lap, though he seems oddly reluctant to leave" :p

Heather's desk is incredibly small, I hope someone gets her a new one, it looks like it would topple over with any sudden movements, and it barely fits her laptop, I guess she doesn't need anything else?

It's nice to see a bit into the building that holds Harmonix, you should give use a online blog tour of the place, maybe when it gets painted and everyone gets moved in and settled.

Glad to hear that the game is almost finished, that you guys are on that last 20%, keep it up, I can't wait for this game, I know you guys are working hard and doing a great job!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    ThePaska;23109 said:
    Nice post as always, I don't know any of the things you mentioned sean, but I might look into them, they sound interesting enough.

I like Canfields mention of you "sean no longer has to sit in someone’s lap, though he seems oddly reluctant to leave" :p

Heather's desk is incredibly small, I hope someone gets her a new one, it looks like it would topple over with any sudden movements, and it barely fits her laptop, I guess she doesn't need anything else?

It's nice to see a bit into the building that holds Harmonix, you should give use a online blog tour of the place, maybe when it gets painted and everyone gets moved in and settled.

Glad to hear that the game is almost finished, that you guys are on that last 20%, keep it up, I can't wait for this game, I know you guys are working hard and doing a great job!
    that was her old desk, her very first one at HMX. They were ghetto back in the day
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Eman311;23116 said:
    that was her old desk, her very first one at HMX. They were ghetto back in the day
    Oh i see now it says first, oops, well I'd like to see her desk now, I hope it has improved!

Woah new picture, cool sean, bass player too, nice. His hands look really big, I like the style though, I can't wait to make my own character.
  • edited July 2007
    Sean, if by that image it were only possible to make Murdoc from the Gorillaz...

BTW did you guys check out The Host yet? That came out this week too!
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I heard Carr. My dad is quite the fan in fact.
  • edited July 2007
    That mint green guitar in this week's photo is just awesome.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Apples;23810 said:
    That mint green guitar in this week's photo is just awesome.
    It definitely is, but it's a bass :p
  • RocketsauceRocketsauce Unsigned
    edited July 2007
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Awesome Pic . Character Creation Must Be Really In Depth :)
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    In the character creation vein, I vote for downloadable Iron-On patches for your denim, rhinestoned vest. Preferably of dragons and other mythical beasts excluding of course unicorns.
  • xenopherusxenopherus Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Yeah Monster Squad! I haven't seen that movie in YEEEAAARRRSSS!!! It certainly is one of the lesser-known greats. Right up there, in my opinion, with The Goonies and Adventures In Babysitting. Aren't they doing a remake of Monster Squad? Dang, I'll have to rent that now...