RBN has turned to junk

ToolShuggahToolShuggah Opening Act
edited December 2010 in The Rock Band Network
What happened to the good stuff?
I go to listen to songs listed now, and it's a bunch of guitar hero music maker BS or novelty television show blab.
How about some more of the lesser known underground and underrated bands that people love.
Everyone now just puts together some BS on their computer and submits it to RBN. If you're going to do this, at least make some electronica or dance/dubstep. Not some imitation guitar and drum sounds that you put together in a few hours.
More studio music please.

Comments

  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    I really have no idea what you are talking about...and I'm not sure you do, either.

    I'll assume you're just trolling and leave. Good day.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    All of the wonderfully awesome Ultra Saturday material was recorded on real instruments ... In a REAL studio! We even used a real bassist! YAY. Seems to be you are knocking electronic music as 'BS' ... It takes just as much talent to come up with a song through programming a computer than through any other means.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2010
    So you have no idea what you're talking about then? Sweet deal.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    Devin Townsend is going to send Ziltoid to give you a 4th encounter.

    Hint *It involves the butt*

    I'd run.

    He's not a nice alien.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    I know I said I would leave, but I just couldn't leave this alone. Here are the songs that were added to the RBN in the last 3 updates:

    Smokahontas - Attack Attack!
    Allegiance - Blackguard
    Let It Change - Mystic Syntax
    Stevie - Songs To Wear Pants To
    I Just Wanna Run - The Downtown Fiction
    Best I Never Had - The Downtown Fiction
    For We Are Many - All That Remains
    Better Sleep - Fatter Than Albert
    Linear A - Free Electric State
    Two Minute Warning - Hitman Blues Band
    Spira Mirabilis - Kodomo
    Living Saints - Polar Bear Club
    On Parole - Sister Sin
    Oceans Between Us - The Downtown Fiction
    Icon - a t o m
    Epitome of Misery - Broken Equilibrium
    Apocalypse for Breakfast - Coelacanths
    Lay Kenneth Lay - Felsen
    I Still Feel Her, Part III - Jonny Craig
    Numb & Intoxicated - Kataklysm
    Fox Hunt - Larkspur
    A Christmas Rock Medley - Richard Campbell
    Beyond Grey - Silent Descent
    Shut Up - The Early Strike
    Life Design - The Parlotones
    Phantom Limb - The Shins

    I'm not seeing it... No studio music? "Guitar Hero music maker BS"? No underground/underrated bands? SERIOUSLY?? Did you even check the RBN before arriving at that conclusion?
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    wesjett08;4199946 said:
    All of the wonderfully awesome Ultra Saturday material was recorded on real instruments ... In a REAL studio! We even used a real bassist! YAY. Seems to be you are knocking electronic music as 'BS' ... It takes just as much talent to come up with a song through programming a computer than through any other means.
    I don't believe you have real bassist. I think it's just a cat.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4200399 said:
    I don't believe you have real bassist. I think it's just a cat.
    That is one talented cat.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4200399 said:
    I don't believe you have real bassist. I think it's just a cat.

    Their bassist isn't a cat, it's a mutant. Seriously. Dude has an extra pinky. I'm not even making this up.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    S1ckH4nds;4200596 said:
    Their bassist isn't a cat, it's a mutant. Seriously. Dude has an extra pinky. I'm not even making this up.

    It's true! I seen it!
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    Don just saw this thread and lol'd. I like to think that his pinky is the reason for us being so awesome.
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    That's not a pinky... all Ultra Saturday songs should be labeled (2x Bass Pinky)!
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    It's knowing we don't have the extra pinky that makes the rest of us bassists work all the harder, just to make up for our shortfall in digits.
  • RBB3ASTRBB3AST Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    PowerGamer990;4200147 said:


    Smokahontas - Attack Attack!

    Having that band alone in rock band makes RBN trash.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    RBB3AST;4201083 said:
    Having that band alone in rock band makes RBN trash.

    You sir are crazy, good day.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    RBB3AST;4201083 said:
    Having that band alone in rock band makes RBN trash.

    As much as I dislike that particular band, I think you're abusing the transitive property there. 'Cause they're on YouTube, but that doesn't make Yo... never mind. You're right. That band has the Midas poop touch.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2010
    S1ckH4nds;4200596 said:
    Their bassist isn't a cat, it's a mutant. Seriously. Dude has an extra pinky. I'm not even making this up.

    That's like 3 extra fingers by cat standards
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited November 2010
    Honestly, through the previews, not much has appealed to me anymore. I used to get handfuls of songs from RBN in the earlier days, now the only song I got from RBN post-RB3 was "Numb & Intoxicated" by Kataklysm. Gotta admit it's pretty fun though.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    jawillroy;4201000 said:
    It's knowing we don't have the extra pinky that makes the rest of us bassists work all the harder, just to make up for our shortfall in digits.

    :p, It doesn't help that he basically records parts specifically for Rock Band now. It was hard to keep up with him before, Now he's just trolling.
  • edited December 2010
    jawillroy;4201102 said:
    As much as I dislike that particular band, I think you're abusing the transitive property there. 'Cause they're on YouTube, but that doesn't make Yo... never mind. You're right. That band has the Midas poop touch.

    That was the first time i read these forums and actually laughed out loud. If i could figure out how to make a sig i would quote that in it.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Honestly, the only real song that has recently appeared that I thought was just awful was "Apocalypse For Breakfast." No discernible tempo or key that I can detect. Just doesn't do it for me.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    wesjett08;4201383 said:
    :p, It doesn't help that he basically records parts specifically for Rock Band now. It was hard to keep up with him before, Now he's just trolling.

    They see him trollin', They Hatin', They patrollin okay I'll stop right there.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    PowerGamer990;4200147 said:
    I know I said I would leave, but I just couldn't leave this alone. Here are the songs that were added to the RBN in the last 3 updates:

    Smokahontas - Attack Attack!
    Allegiance - Blackguard
    Let It Change - Mystic Syntax
    Stevie - Songs To Wear Pants To
    I Just Wanna Run - The Downtown Fiction
    Best I Never Had - The Downtown Fiction
    For We Are Many - All That Remains
    Better Sleep - Fatter Than Albert
    Linear A - Free Electric State
    Two Minute Warning - Hitman Blues Band
    Spira Mirabilis - Kodomo
    Living Saints - Polar Bear Club
    On Parole - Sister Sin
    Oceans Between Us - The Downtown Fiction
    Icon - a t o m
    Epitome of Misery - Broken Equilibrium
    Apocalypse for Breakfast - Coelacanths
    Lay Kenneth Lay - Felsen
    I Still Feel Her, Part III - Jonny Craig
    Numb & Intoxicated - Kataklysm
    Fox Hunt - Larkspur
    A Christmas Rock Medley - Richard Campbell
    Beyond Grey - Silent Descent
    Shut Up - The Early Strike
    Life Design - The Parlotones
    Phantom Limb - The Shins

    I'm not seeing it... No studio music? "Guitar Hero music maker BS"? No underground/underrated bands? SERIOUSLY?? Did you even check the RBN before arriving at that conclusion?

    did YOU even look at RBN before arriving at a conclusion? the only two joke songs are the christmas one and apocalypse for breakfast. Almost all of that sounds as though it was recorded in a studio with real musicians. Given the fact that many of them have vocal lines puts them above GH music maker.

    Hell, All That Remains, Attack Attack and The Shins are 3 pretty big bands.

    Honestly, those last 3 updates look all the other updates. You just want to troll.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    wesjett08;4201383 said:
    :p, It doesn't help that he basically records parts specifically for Rock Band now. It was hard to keep up with him before, Now he's just trolling.
    http://tinyurl.com/2vssda3 ?
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    jjdude1;4201903 said:
    did YOU even look at RBN before arriving at a conclusion? the only two joke songs are the christmas one and apocalypse for breakfast. Almost all of that sounds as though it was recorded in a studio with real musicians. Given the fact that many of them have vocal lines puts them above GH music maker.

    Hell, All That Remains, Attack Attack and The Shins are 3 pretty big bands.

    Honestly, those last 3 updates look all the other updates. You just want to troll.
    This was directed at the OP and not me, right? Because that's what I was trying to point out.
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    PowerGamer990;4202262 said:
    This was directed at the OP and not me, right? Because that's what I was trying to point out.

    In complete honesty, I thought that your post was the OP. I dont know how that happened... :confused:
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    jjdude1;4202271 said:
    In complete honesty, I thought that your post was the OP. I dont know how that happened... :confused:

    LOL. It's cool. Yeah, the OP is just a troll. That's obvious from the other thread he opened (and the fact that he hasn't come back to this one). On the other hand, I'm getting a good laugh from all the other posts in this thread. :D
  • ToolShuggahToolShuggah Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Not trolling.
    It's all very true. Look at Chaotrope.
    And who makes a band to call themselves an RBN band?
    That means ****ty bands get more face time while bands who should be in the game can't find the right people.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited December 2010
    We're not going to have a thread devoted to insulting bands remain open. As illustrated by previous posts, there are plenty of styles of music that get released via the RBN, with the vast majority as the "studio music" you're looking for. If certain styles of music get released for the RBN that you don't like, feel free to ignore them.

    The RBN process allows for any type of music to be released and does not discriminate based on subjective opinions of the musical quality. Sorry if you don't like that, but that's the way it is. If you feel some bands should be in the RBN and are missing out, feel free to contact them about the service and fill them in. That would be infinitely more productive than creating a thread like this.
This discussion has been closed.