Why is it....

decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
edited December 2010 in The Rock Band Network
That this section of the forum is just a magnet for stupid and random Ultimate setlist posts all the time? Why do people come here? I don't get it.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Probably because they think anybody can upload whatever to RBN.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited December 2010
    People probably think the "Rock Band Network" refers to all of Rock Band's online features and DLC despite the fact that the store has been open since March and the whole project has been public knowledge since around July of last year.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I have to agree with both of the above posts.

Those who don't know what RBN is will do either of the above. They'll assume it's some sort of "customs platform" where anyone can upload anything instantly, or they'll assume it means the RB platform in general.

The sad truth is, like SirDavidTLynch said, is that despite over a year of operation, full public knowledge/available info, and an active community behind it, not many people know what the Rock Band Network is, and usually the stickies at the top won't be read before someone posts a band request or otherwise unrelated topic.
  • TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I think it's because they hate the OP.

Him in particular, not anyone else.

/obvioussarcasm.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I agree completely with SirDavidTLynch. YouTube certainly doesn't help matters any. The other day I saw an RBN gameplay video that the uploader called a "custom", but it was most definitely an approved RBN song being played on RB2.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Arcanon;4203339 said:
    not many people know what the Rock Band Network is

It's true, I think, and it's dismaying. I know that all of the RBN musicians and charters do what we can to get the word out to our fans (such as we have) but the number of hardcore Rock Band players is always going to be a very small percentage of any musican's fans - so by and large, our efforts to publicize Rock Band and the RBN are going to have extremely limited effect. It leaves the promotional ball pretty squarely in HMX's court: they're the cats who have the ability to reach the whole group of Rock Band players and turn them on to the RBN.

That so many posters seem to have zero clue about what the RBN is about makes me worry that the message hasn't really been put out there forcefully enough.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2010
    The Rock Band Network
    Chat with creators, authors and play testers about Rock Band's user generated content initiative!
    While that's reasonably clear to me, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine a person with limited reading comprehension believing that this would put them in touch with the people who "choose songs for Rock Band"
  • D1sturb3dD1sturb3d Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    isnt this thread going down the same road as the ones youre mad at...?
  • edited December 2010
    What would really help, though, is if you took a moment to report the posts that you feel shouldn't be here, and if we agree, we'll move or delete them. Otherwise you'll end up having to wait until a moderator happens to take a look in this section.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    But I want the misposters to be punished!
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    "Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, NoThru22?"
    /gandalf
  • DarkMoSDarkMoS Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    RBN isn't available in all countries yet (I don't have access from Belgium :( ) so indeed it's hard to understand the concept at the beginning.
  • edited December 2010
    DragoonXD;4203139 said:
    Probably because they think anybody can upload whatever to RBN.

I don't get why people think this. If anyone could just put whatever on to the RBN then it would be full of Metallica and Muse.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2010
    MagicMurderBag7;4229357 said:
    I don't get why people think this. If anyone could just put whatever on to the RBN then it would be full of Metallica and Muse.

Obviously no one has thought of those bands yet. I should start a thread to suggest it.