Rock Band 3 Title Update Notes - 12/2/10

edited January 2011 in Rock Band
Hey gang,

November has been a wild and wooly month and it’s been awesome to see so many people playing Rock Band 3, especially the people making killer progress in Pro Mode. We’ve gotten some amazing feedback from people relearning keys after taking piano lessons when they were kids and there’s been some ridiculous videos of people learning Ramones songs on Pro Guitar after just a few hours.

We’ve also been tracking all the feedback about requested fixes and we’re happy to announce that there’s an RB3 update going live today that should address some of the most discussed issues of the last month. We’ve received confirmation that this update should be live on PS3 (both SCEA and SCEE) today and will hit Xbox360 in the near future. We’ll update this thread as soon as we have more details.

There is a plan to release another update in the near future to address numerous other items, but these were the most pressing issues that we wanted to target as quickly as possible.

• Arena 12 Freeze (aka The Roadie Amp Loading Screen of Death) – If the amp loading vignette occurred immediately prior to an especially resource heavy venue it had the potential to cause a freeze. Your band should now be able to load their gear uninterrupted.

• Save Data Affected By Especially Long Band Names – Custom / Random Setlists specific to artists with especially long names (most notably Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives, The Presidents of the United States of America, etc) that were not completed before playing through to the next auto save could result in corrupted save data.

• Iron Man Eyebrow Freeze in Character Creator – The Character Creator would sometimes seize up when reselecting the default eyebrow for the Iron Man pre set face. All eyebrows are now safe.

• Pause Scoring Exploit – To prevent abuse of repeated pausing mid-song to pad a score, we now disable score reporting on any song in which a player repeatedly pauses. Your crowd meter should go grey and you will not be able to complete any goals or achievements tied to score during that play through.

We’ll keep this thread open to track feedback to pass along internally. It’s our hope that this update will address some of the most immediate concerns of the community and improve your enjoyment of a game that many of you clearly cannot get enough of. Thanks so much for your continued feedback. It’s your input that helps challenge us to continually raise the bar in music gaming.

Rock on!

-HMXhenry

**12/3 *EDIT***

Word on the street from MS is that the update has gone live on the Xbox 360. Thanks for your patience.

Comments

• yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    singemfrc;4203837 said:
    Its a good idea, but after testing a couple songs it seems that 9 or 10 pauses in a song will automatically disqualify you, even if theyre not back to back. Seems a bit overkill, especially on a long song.

Why would you pause 10 times during one song?
  • BravoGangUSBravoGangUS Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    singemfrc;4203837 said:
    Its a good idea, but after testing a couple songs it seems that 9 or 10 pauses in a song will automatically disqualify you, even if theyre not back to back. Seems a bit overkill, especially on a long song.

If your pausing that many times during a song then your obviously to busy to play and should quit and play later.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 2010
    yaniv297;4203841 said:
    Why would you pause 10 times during one song?

To maximize your ability to hit Every Single Note in a song.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I was about to be seriously bummed about the pause thing, but if it really takes on the order of nine or ten pauses, then that's not a concern at all. I LOVE the new pause feature and use it when I drop my sticks but even when I'm having a really rough time of it that might happen at most two or three times in a song. So, this sounds like a reasonable compromise, as long as it is not too aggressive with the limit.

Anyway, nice to see a patch to address critical issues out so soon, and glad to hear that there is another patch scheduled as well. Thanks Harmonix!
  • edited December 2010
    Doom878;4203820 said:

And fix this site. Kthx

Not to over promise anything, but you may see a site update by the end of the week. We're on a roll today!
  • Titua_OverdriveTitua_Overdrive Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Good to hear that they are listening to the players and fixing some bugs.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Good to hear a lot of the bugs have been fixed. Despite that, I think that OD Vocal issue and PS3 keyboard screech should have been top priority too..I'd like to know if these issues have been found and ready to be resolved in a future update! :p
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    The freezing stuff was obviously top priority, so thanks a lot for fixing that.

Anytime you guys want to add a new song review filter, I will be very pleased.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    All eyebrows are now safe.
    Thank God! I was losing sleep over this!
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Great news! Thanks, Henry!

:)
  • Wyku_306Wyku_306 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Any update on the missing Guess Who (and others from that week) DLC??? I'm missing me some Hand Me Down World action :(.
  • KineticArtistKineticArtist Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Ive only got the frozen roadie screen freeze like 2 times but Vocal OD percussive notes and weird sounds coming from my sound system while in menu screens those happen all the time but at least we know HMX IS working on stuff to fix this flawed game and as for the fix to the website LOSE the big graphics and save the bandwidth and speed up page load times even on my fast as hell connection this site is slower than mollasses going up hill in January
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    hmxhenry;4203810 said:
    All eyebrows are now safe.

Haven't you seen "The Sarah Connor Chronicles?! No eyebrows are EVER safe!

Thanks for the fixes :)
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited December 2010
    Awesome news. I wasn't hit much by the Arena 12 dealio, but it's nice to know it wont happen again. Also nice to hear about other things on the way.

Thanks hmxhenry.
  • bnc92781bnc92781 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Please direct me to the correct area for an answer: When playing online with people from my friend's list, and only my friends, randoms work fine, on PS3 we constantly get disconnected. Mid-song, menu, loading a song, whatever. Please let me know if this is a glitch or if a setting on my PS3 or router will fix this. Thanks
  • kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    LunaticSoul;4203856 said:
    Despite that, I think that OD Vocal issue and PS3 keyboard screech should have been top priority too..
    What makes you think they're not?

I suspect they're fairly intermittent. In other words, really hard to duplicate consistently and thus fix. That's just based on my own experience with the screech and reading a lot of posts about some people having a hard time with vocal od and others saying what problem.

Fixing the lock up huge win. Thanks HMX and looking forward to the next patch.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Redskinsrock2689;4203825 said:
    Kind of baffled as to why the keyboard screech isn't fixed. I would think that would be top priority since peoples sound systems are braking because of it.

Have people witnessed it since the patch?

It may be an 'unadvertised fix' - particularly given that this release note spans the update for both PS3 and Xbox 360, but the keyboard squelch issue is unique to PS3.

Many are reporting improved mic sensitivity, and I haven't yet seen a report of keyboard squelch since the patch. If people are still reporting it (I'd guess on scorehero because I've not seen it here), I'd like to know.
  • KineticArtistKineticArtist Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    keneke;4203893 said:
    What makes you think they're not?

I suspect they're fairly intermittent. In other words, really hard to duplicate consistently and thus fix. That's just based on my own experience with the screech and reading a lot of posts about some people having a hard time with vocal od and others saying what problem.
    the vocal overdrive and percussive notes issue isnt intermittent its problematic as it happens ALL the time on our PS3 no matter what mic we use old new professional if no other instrument is plugged in and Im just singing the od issue goes away soon as we plug in guitars or drums voila OD issue

seeing how the Vocal OD issue isnt happening in Green Day Rockband but is happening in Rock Band 3 I would assume its IS able to be patched GD RB 100 perfection RB3 meh not so much not until they fix Vocal OD and Issues with the Keytar cmon this aint guitar hero We like PLayin other instruments and Singing!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Dankeschön for the patch, but the missing DLC doesn't get fixed? I really miss Pick Me Up & The Wagon :/
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2010
    PS3 gets the patch first? HMX is always in bed with Sony.
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the patch, HMX! Keep 'em coming!

My biggest gripe is with the random crashes on PS3. I get dumped back to the XMB at least twice a night. Very frustrating when you have a full band and it happens to everyone. Many of my friends have lots of DLC, so getting back into playing takes quite some time. Hopefully the random crashing issues will be addressed in the next release (unless they are all fixed now!).
  • Redskinsrock2689Redskinsrock2689 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    vw_fetish;4203930 said:
    Thanks for the patch, HMX! Keep 'em coming!

My biggest gripe is with the random crashes on PS3. I get dumped back to the XMB at least twice a night. Very frustrating when you have a full band and it happens to everyone. Many of my friends have lots of DLC, so getting back into playing takes quite some time. Hopefully the random crashing issues will be addressed in the next release (unless they are all fixed now!).

THlS
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Very good job. There are more things that need fixing, but I think you've done a great job about that.

I think that it's really hard to work at harmonix: when you do something wrong the whole board just goes RAWWRRRRR HMX SUCKS GIMME MOAR MUSE! while you're working hard to keep up with the game.

Keep on workin' guys!
  • Out_of_Time_ManOut_of_Time_Man Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    *cough* Wii???? *cough*
  • dtpm600dtpm600 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the updates, HMX! :)

Please continue these posts letting the community know about patches and updates! It's great knowing what's going on.

Hopefully soon we will get an update on the Week 96 DLC glitch on XBL (including Tenacious D's "Rock Your Socks").

Thanks again! ;)
  • PoliticianPolitician Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Maybe the Stage Kit support will be in the next round of fixes. We can always hope.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Glad the site might be next. Of course I was logged off trying to reply and lost my response. Hopefully that'll be fixed.

What's the glitch that might break my sound system? I have a sub I'd hate to blow.
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Out_of_Time_Man;4203952 said:
    *cough* Wii???? *cough*

We know it won't be a "patch"....although those oddly "patch-like" Wii Black Ops patches that have happened twice since it launched last month - and require both a Wii Shop account to be delivered to your console & take up 50-odd memory blocks on your Wii - sure sound like patches & not server hotfixes. Does Treyarch have a Wii secret they are not sharing w/ the rest of the world?

But telling Wii users "sorry the game is not perfect, we did our best.." does not cut it. Disc recall, anyone?

I will add that I feel like the Wii bugs bother me far less than others here - and in some cases have not been issues for me @ all. But if the Wii version CAN be fixed - even if it requires a game disc recall...it should happen.

But "should" & "will" are more than just 2 different words.....
  • ThatDudeBoThatDudeBo Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    No audio glitch fix?

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    • Pause Scoring Exploit – To prevent abuse of repeated pausing mid-song to pad a score, we now disable score reporting on any song in which a player repeatedly pauses. Your crowd meter should go grey and you will not be able to complete any goals or achievements tied to score during that play through.
    Would like to know more info about this one. Wasn't a fan of the complaints about this "exploit", mostly because it seemed arbitrary to limit PAUSING in a video game.

How repeatedly does one need to pause to actually trigger this?
This discussion has been closed.