Rock Band 3 Title Update Notes - 12/2/10

Comments

• jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Out_of_Time_Man;4203952 said:
    *cough* Wii???? *cough*

We know it won't be a "patch"....although those oddly "patch-like" Wii Black Ops patches that have happened twice since it launched last month - and require both a Wii Shop account to be delivered to your console & take up 50-odd memory blocks on your Wii - sure sound like patches & not server hotfixes. Does Treyarch have a Wii secret they are not sharing w/ the rest of the world?

But telling Wii users "sorry the game is not perfect, we did our best.." does not cut it. Disc recall, anyone?

I will add that I feel like the Wii bugs bother me far less than others here - and in some cases have not been issues for me @ all. But if the Wii version CAN be fixed - even if it requires a game disc recall...it should happen.

But "should" & "will" are more than just 2 different words.....
  • ThatDudeBoThatDudeBo Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    No audio glitch fix?

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    • Pause Scoring Exploit – To prevent abuse of repeated pausing mid-song to pad a score, we now disable score reporting on any song in which a player repeatedly pauses. Your crowd meter should go grey and you will not be able to complete any goals or achievements tied to score during that play through.
    Would like to know more info about this one. Wasn't a fan of the complaints about this "exploit", mostly because it seemed arbitrary to limit PAUSING in a video game.

How repeatedly does one need to pause to actually trigger this?
  • rko389rko389 Banned
    edited December 2010
    Hahaha great update! fixing eyebrows and limiting peoples ability to pause. Why would you possibly fix ACTUAL problems like audio problems and vocal OD and talkies not working?
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    How dare you "fix" that pause exploit! How the heck am I supposed to compete on the elader boards now huh? HUH?!?!?

Just kidding, thanks for the work on getting the first batch of fixes fixed. It'll be nice to not have to worry about those lousy meth head roadies screwing up the shows with their lousy crate carrying.

(There's always a story that can be told in RB3 to explain the odd crashing game behavior until there's a fix...)
  • MWcw709MWcw709 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    dog037;4203929 said:
    PS3 gets the patch first? HMX is always in bed with Sony.
    i need a good laugh with my coffee this morning thank you very much.

Plus the Vocals need to be fixed the arrow jumps when singing low. Online play when a player wants to join or get disconnected the HUGH BOX in the middle screen needs to be smaller. So, they are not covering the charts. PLEASE, fix the sensitivity issues with the vocals. Overdrive will either not go at all or pop with any noise in the room including our sound systems. One last thing the instruments keep disconnecting ex. Warbeast guitars and the ION kits.

Thanks for at least getting to some freezing issues we've had Henry.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    rko389;4203974 said:
    Hahaha great update! fixing eyebrows and limiting peoples ability to pause. Why would you possibly fix ACTUAL problems like audio problems and vocal OD and talkies not working?

Game-lockup bugs such as the eyebrow instance count as "ACTUAL problems".
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Considering the roadies struck two times last night while previewing new songs in performance mode it'll be great not to worry about them any more. Nice to know I can play my POTUSA and not fear a glitch (been avoiding those songs). Never had the eyebrow problem thank goodness, but good to have it gone. Thanks. Looking forward to the next update!
  • VeganpunkVeganpunk Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Thank you for the amp ramp fix! Now all I need is my Dino jr. songs, and this game will be perfect!
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4203982 said:
    Forgive the whiners, they know not what they're talking about.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the fixes. The roadie freeze had gotten me probably 2 dozen times and was very frustrating.

Everyone has the fixes they want done, but this first wave makes sense. Fix crashes, corrupt data, and 'cheating' first. I'm sure the other stuff will get fixed, but I am glad we got this patch now instead of waiting for more to be addressed.
  • slowtoadslowtoad Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    T-Hybrid;4203967 said:
    Would like to know more info about this one. Wasn't a fan of the complaints about this "exploit", mostly because it seemed arbitrary to limit PAUSING in a video game.

How repeatedly does one need to pause to actually trigger this?
    I'm glad they addressed this issue. It's most definitely an exploit, and hopefully the fix makes the leaderboards that much more useful. I'm sure using the pause feature for its intended purpose will not be affected by this fix.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Doom878;4203960 said:
    Glad the site might be next. Of course I was logged off trying to reply and lost my response. Hopefully that'll be fixed.

When you post gets eaten by the redirect to the login screen, enter your login info, then click 'back' on your browser, then reload. It will repost the post data and your eaten post will get posted.
  • rko389rko389 Banned
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4203982 said:

Oh im sure it does. I just mean there seem to be more reported issues of other things, and it just bothers me that they are updating the pause thing that THEY created, instead of more imporant problems, but lets hope that this is the first step in fixing things
  • blingdomepieceblingdomepiece Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Very happy about this patch.
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    rko389;4204047 said:
    Oh im sure it does. I just mean there seem to be more reported issues of other things, and it just bothers me that they are updating the pause thing that THEY created, instead of more imporant problems, but lets hope that this is the first step in fixing things
    It shouldn't bother you when they fix anything. In all probability, they saw this one as "low-hanging fruit" (programmer speak for an issue that's an easy fix) that had very positive benefit for the RB community. Since they got it done in a timely fashion, it went in with this release rather than setting it aside for a future release alongside "less important" fixes.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Fix the RBN pro drums glitch next, please.
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    NoThru22;4204078 said:
    What glitch? The fact that early RBN songs have cymbals for tom rolls? That not a glitch.
  • TojoReevesTojoReeves Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    There are two things that I would like to be updated on the Xbox 360 the most. The first being fewer "music video" sequences during song play. Almost every song has one of those and they tend to be the same one. The second, more important one would be incorporation of that expensive piece of hardware called the Rock Band Stage Kit. My Rock Band experience seems to be massively reduced without the fog and lights.

Please note that I do appreciate the current fixes that you at HMX have performed.
  • CloudControlCloudControl Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I've not encountered any of these problems that the fixes are for, but I understand the need to address them. Still the outright inability to play Dino Jr's "Pick Me Up" and other DLC from that day on 360 I hoped would have been higher on the list to fix.
  • MidianGTXMidianGTX Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I love it when people experience a totally pointless and microscopic issue which somehow then turns into the most important thing in the entire world to them, and proceed to insult the developers for not fixing it yet. Gamers are such freaks.
  • A_Drunken_SmurfA_Drunken_Smurf Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Politician;4203957 said:
    Maybe the Stage Kit support will be in the next round of fixes. We can always hope.

Agree - I am sure it's low on the totem pole, but at least adding the functionality to songs that had the data would be all I need. I know there's limited resources, so I hardly expect this to be something supported going forward.. just want to get use out of what is in the songs I have.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    NoThru22;4204078 said:
    Not a glitch, an authoring error from the independent programmers. The only "fix" will be re-selling a new version.
  • ShaneWTFManShaneWTFMan Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    My suggestion, kill all instruments mode and let the controller be connected in regular mode and just add a fifth player for vocals. No one wants to sing on all instruments because it's pointless. Also OD triggering issues on vocals has been my only "actual" issue. PS3 here btw. :)
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Vocal overdrive activation was my #2 issue behind the Roadies of death. #3 is (wishful thinking) that we'll get to either play All-Instruments Mode online or they'll just bunker down and somehow get Guitar+Bass+Keyboard into the game. I'm looking forward to more patches/updates in the future.

I might at least partially lift my DLC embargo based on this post. Thanks Henry.
  • ohioman202ohioman202 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Hopefully the drum fill glitch can be fixed. Sometimes if I have overdrive for drums, the drum fill lanes won't show up and it just looks like there are no notes on the chart.
  • Leroy573Leroy573 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    The only reason I can think of that there hasn't been a patch for missing DLC (I reallllly wanna play Rock Your Socks by Tenacious D on Pro Drums but can't) is that not too many people have the missing DLC and/or have noticed it. I just hope it comes soon and it's not a huge issue to patch.
    With that aside, thanks for the patch Harmonix!
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Leroy573;4204125 said:
    The only reason I can think of that there hasn't been a patch for missing DLC (I reallllly wanna play Rock Your Socks by Tenacious D on Pro Drums but can't) is that not too many people have the missing DLC and/or have noticed it. I just hope it comes soon and it's not a huge issue to patch.
    With that aside, thanks for the patch Harmonix!
    Well hopefully when the 360 gets the patch that will be fixed and could be why our patch is not out yet.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Out_of_Time_Man;4203952 said:
    *cough* Wii???? *cough*

Too early, too early to ask! All the serious bugs are not found and fixed on the two platforms that can do online patches. Be patient and wait for Harmonix to track down and fix all the serious bugs on the other platforms which can be patched online, then ask about a Wii patch disk - because while they might send out one replacement patch disk, I guarantee they won't be sending out two.

Harmonix, great job tracking down and fixing these bugs - and best of luck with finding and fixing the rest of them! As for me, I can promise you I'll do some serious playtesting of your title update this weekend on the PS3! ;)
This discussion has been closed.