Country Track Pack v.2 Discussion Thread - Official Information added in first post

RMBRMB Opening Act
edited November 2011 in Rock Band
I'm sure a million people have asked this, and I know I'll get a lot of flak for mentioning it, but stores online are listing the game to be released on February 1, 2011. I was just wondering when we'd actually hear about this next track pack.

P.S. - Here's to hoping none of the tracks have already appeared, or are really good ones (cough) "Fancy" and "Lookin' for a Good Time" (cough)

EDIT:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89163

BUY NEW$29.99
Release Date 2/1/2011

Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 is a standalone software product that let's country music fans master guitar, bass, drums or vocals on 21 seminal country hits, hand-picked with care by Harmonix . This Track Pack can be played on its own in single-player, competitive, or collaborative band modes, and includes the added bonus of having the option to export all 21 songs from the disc into your Rock Band®, Rock Band® 2 and Rock Band® 3 music library*! This Track Pack is also compatible with all Rock Band and most other music game instrument controllers.

A Real Barn Burner! A fully functional game with all the greatest features of Rock Band, including: Solo and Band Tour Mode, Quickplay, Tug of War, Score Duel and song unlock progression.

The Best Around! Slip on your cowboy hat and dust off your boots for another 21 of the most floor-stompin', good time tunes in country rock history distilled to perfection, all utilizing the original master recordings.

Outlawed Tracks: The entire tracklist is currently only playable in Rock Band through purchasing the disc or through the export code* included with the software.

Go Beyond the Disc! *Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 software ships with download codes to export all 21 tracks to play directly in Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3.

FEATURING TRACKS BY: Keith Urban, Sugarland, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, Shania Twain, George Straight and more!

See Full Tracklist Below

***HMX EDIT 12/20***
hmxhenry;4231485 said:
Discussion in this thread has drifted a bit off topic, but I wanted to chime in to respond to some of the questions raised on the first page. Sorry for the delay in responding, info is moving slower with many of our partners out for the holiday.

Country Track Pack Vol 2 is based on the RB1 engine, same as all previously released track packs.

This track pack will be exportable, and as with all past track packs the current plan is to release these songs as DLC at some point down the road.

These songs should have harmonies and Pro drums available upon export (but not when played off the track pack, as it is based on the RB1 engine).

At this time we do not have any plans to release RB3 Versions or further Pro upgrades for these songs when they are released as DLC.

Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion and reassures you that the track pack is still a worth while addition of awesome country tracks to your RB library.
*******added Jan 12*******

http://www.rockband.com/blog/country-tp2-in-stores

Country Track Pack 2 in Stores February 1st!

With a wave of our 10-gallon hats, we announce that Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii on February 1st. Featuring songs from George Strait, Rascal Flatts, Shania Twain, Darryl Worley, Lady Antebellum, and more, Country Track Pack 2 will be available for $29.99 and will be fully exportable on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for play in Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Rock Band 3.

Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 features harmony vocals and Pro Drums, in addition to the traditional five-button guitar and bass gameplay, and many songs are exclusive to the disc for a limited time before joining the Rock Band 3 Music Store as downloadable content.

Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 Setlist:
Billy Currington – “That’s How Country Boys Roll”
Chely Wright – “Single White Female”
Darius Rucker – “Alright”
Darryl Worley – “Awful Beautiful Life”
Dierks Bentley – “Sideways”
Dwight Yoakam – “Intentional Heartache”
Gary Allan – “Man of Me”
George Strait – “Twang”
Jason Aldean – “Crazy Town”
Johnny Cash – “Ring of Fire”
Justin Moore – “Backwoods”
Keith Urban – “Kiss a Girl”
Lady Antebellum – “Perfect Day”
Laura Bell Bundy – “Giddy On Up”
Luke Bryan – “Rain Is a Good Thing”
Merle Haggard – “Mama Tried”
Rascal Flatts – “Summer Nights”
Reba McEntire – “The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia”
Shania Twain – “Party for Two (With Billy Currington)”
Sugarland – “Settlin’”
Trace Adkins – “Ride”

Rock Band Country Track Pack 2, like all Rock Band software, is compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero and other third-party video game instrument controllers.

Fans who buy the Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can play directly from the disc or download the songs onto their consoles’ hard drives through a free offer with Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network or the PlayStation®Network. Once downloaded, the songs will automatically appear in the player’s custom Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Rock Band 3 Music Libraries and can be integrated into setlists and played in all game modes.

Can't get enough country music in Rock Band? Check out the original Country Track Pack or visit the RockBand.com Song Finder to see all country songs in Rock Band. And check out the Rock Band Forums to discuss the new Track Pack!

Comments

• RMBRMB Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Let's do this instead. How about we discuss what we'd like to see in this game? This could include features, songs, etc... I'd like to not get people only commenting, "because" or "when it happens" or stuff along those lines. Thank you. I'll have a list of potential songs that I would love to see released with new features, as well as songs that I think should be updated to have the new features.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    RMB;4213993 said:
    Let's do this instead. How about we discuss what we'd like to see in this game? This could include features, songs, etc... I'd like to not get people only commenting, "because" or "when it happens" or stuff along those lines. Thank you. I'll have a list of potential songs that I would love to see released with new features, as well as songs that I think should be updated to have the new features.
    Given it's a track pack it will have no new features and if you want to discuss tracks then you posted in the wrong section.
  • Six_ShooterSix_Shooter Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    New Country Track Pack?!?!

OH YEEEAHHH!!

I would like to see a track list. :D
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Well, HMX has definitely referenced it. They had a banner at E3 advertising a future production. Only problem is there has been no info released.

I'm expecting all songs from Country Pack 04 to be on there, hopefully the two remaining Alt-Country songs and the Carrie Underwood single will get on too
  • Herr_BassHerr_Bass Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I'm hoping 21 new Country Songs with RB3 features and honky-tonk keyboardin'
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2010
    I am quite curious if it'll be all new, all old, or a mix, and also curious whether they will be RB3-style tracks or all RB2-style tracks. Not that country songs are known for their keyboard parts, but plenty of them have harmonies, and if a song has one of those parts but it isn't charted it'll be... interesting, to have it released so long after the RB3 launch.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited December 2010
    yeah, i hope for all new songs, don't need another track pack with half new songs, and half old songs, isn't worth my bother, so please let it be all new songs.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited December 2010
    Herr_Bass;4214114 said:
    Yes, please let it be all new songs. I would buy the track pack that way.

Each week I buy the songs I want for Rock Band and when they package previously released DLC along with unreleased DLC it mades me a sad little panda. Give me 21 new songs!
  • BarridBarrid Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Please have some Garth Brooks! He's got lots of fun songs to play or sing. The Dance would be fun on keys. I'd also take as much more Brad Paisley as I can get.
  • BarridBarrid Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Sayburr;4214515 said:
    Yes, please let it be all new songs. I would buy the track pack that way.

Each week I buy the songs I want for Rock Band and when they package previously released DLC along with unreleased DLC it mades me a sad little panda. Give me 21 new songs!

Same here. I'd love it if it were all new songs. I've not purchased a track pack yet because I usually already have a bunch of the songs that I had already downloaded.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Herr_Bass;4214114 said:

Or better yet - use the keyboard as a steel guitar!
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I'm confused if there are going to be any track packs, because it would have to be a watered down version of RB3 because it would need keyboards and harmonies,because surely they arent going to stick with the outdated RB1 engine
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited December 2010
    All new songs would be awesome. Hope there might be some news soon. Some sites have it listed as Feb. (sites you cannot preorder but the product is shown).
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I'm sure its being re-charted as (RB3 Versions) so those that already bought half of the songs as DLC will still have to buy the disc to get Vocal harmonies and keys. Glad I held out for this one to come out on disc.
  • Cee599Cee599 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Was anyone else happy with the artists but kinda "meh" on the songs they picked for each artist?
  • DeadshotDeadshot Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I'd like to see the following in that track pack...

1. Faith Hill - Breathe
    2. Shania Twain - You're Still The One
    3. Hank Williams - Hey, Good Lookin'
    4. Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire
    5. Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I'm holding out hope for all new songs because all the post RB3 DLC has harmony and keys and is only playable in RB3, whereas the Going Country Pack 04 did not have these features. Since the disc track packs are just glorified DLC, here's hoping for all new country songs with all the RB3 bells and whistles.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited December 2010
    Herr_Bass;4213964 said:
    It will be talked about when HMX is ready to.
    MattyT;4213982 said:
    Because it's a logical response. Heck, I was going to type it myself.

You two have a firm grasp of the blindingly obvious.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    bigmf;4215188 said:
    You two have a firm grasp of the blindingly obvious.

Nothing wrong with living in reality. OP wanted to know. OP was provided with an answer.
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    MattyT;4215334 said:
    Nothing wrong with living in reality. OP wanted to know. OP was provided with an answer.

Except that you might as well not waste the OP's time or your own typing out a response that you know is not helpful in the least and that could likely be perceived as at least somewhat hostile and definitely unnecessary.

This community can't afford to chase away people who are interested in this game if they want to continue to see HMX release content.
    edited December 2010
    Soror_YZBL;4214655 said:
    Or better yet - use the keyboard as a steel guitar!

Now we are a talkin'!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    If they were holding out for harmonies on this one (and keyboards, for the full RB3 experience), I could easily see:

The Oak Ridge Boys --- "Elvira"
    The Statler Brothers --- "Flowers on the Wall"
    JoDee Messina --- "Dance"
    Alabama --- "Song of the South"
    Brooks & Dunn --- "Maria"
    Dixie Chicks --- anything
    anything by Diamond Rio, and moar Montgomery Gentry and Rascal Flatts and Sugarland and Lady Antebellum
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    I don't think the lack of information from HMX is a sign that its not happening, it's just that at this time there's nothing to say. And when you consider that all we know about the Track Pack is that there was a banner at E3 (that RBA was the ONLY place to really report on), for all we know HMX hasn't done any more work on it than just deciding they will do one at some point.

They could still be trying to pin down the 20 songs, negotiating with artists, or perhaps they had a conflict when discussing if the content should export as legacy style or RB3 style DLC.

I remeber a similar thing happened last year with the Metal Track Pack. There was a reference to it in a slideshow, and then pretty much nothing else until HMX put up the Announcement about what it was, when it was coming out, and who was on it.

Actually, now that I think back that's pretty much how ALL the Track Packs were announced. No real information until they revealed all of it at once.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I wish they would announce something about this too, I've been avoiding getting anything from Country Pack 04 for fear that it will be in this track pack.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    The previous country packs, I snatched up as soon as they were released, and even with the Track Pack 01 disc, the value of the new content on the disc out-weighed the repeats. But since then, I've only cherry picked a couple of the country songs that came out after seeing the pictures of the poster at E3. I'm waiting for TP02 before I get any more country songs.

As far as RB3 features, I wouldn't hold my breath that TP02 would have them. All the previous track pack discs were built on the RB1 engine, and I'd be surprised if Harmonix would modify their new code to make a stand-alone version of the engine just for this disc.

Plus, sell it in a format where it can be used in RB2 and they can still re-sell those same songs at a later time, but with keyboards and harmonies! :D
  • ManLovesRobotManLovesRobot Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Cee599;4214768 said:
    Was anyone else happy with the artists but kinda "meh" on the songs they picked for each artist?

I agree. There a lot of Dixie Chicks songs that I would have rather played. We need some Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt, Clint Black, and some Dwight Yokam. IMO.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited December 2010
    I just hope for all new songs, and that they are rb3 versions, cause I am not buying the same song twice
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited December 2010
    So I had a chance to talk to Mr. John Drake last night (in person, at the umloud charity event in San Francisco) and I happened to bring this up.
    • Pfft, it's just a track pack
    • It should be RB2-era songs, so don't expect harmonies and keys
    • He didn't remember what songs were on it
    • He expected an official announcement to be made within the next few weeks (don't make up your own definition of what "few weeks" means, and don't complain if it takes longer)
    He said he thought the Wii version went gold yesterday, and was the last version that needed to do so. So, should be out soon with official info accompanying it. Again, don't make up your own definition of what "soon" means.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    skyttskytt;4218717 said:
    So I had a chance to talk to Mr. John Drake last night (in person, at the umloud charity event in San Francisco) and I happened to bring this up.
    • He expected an official announcement to be made within the next few weeks (don't make up your own definition of what "few weeks" means, and don't complain if it takes longer)
    He said he thought the Wii version went gold yesterday, and was the last version that needed to do so. So, should be out soon with official info accompanying it. Again, don't make up your own definition of what "soon" means.

Thanks for the info. Bummer to hear no Keys or harmonies added. Guess I have waited long enough for it to come out that I can now wait until it's 20.00 by next June and then pick it up. If it was upgraded it would have been a Day 1 buy. I was thinking that a HUGE track pack release could take place along the release of the Squier. Thought it was going to be the Country Track Pack. No Pro modes means that won't happen. Maybe an 80's rock track pack or something.
    edited December 2010
    skyttskytt;4218717 said:
    Thanks, looks like HMX will make an annoucement "soon".

Too bad it sounds like it will have repeats on it from DLC, and not be with RB3 features.
This discussion has been closed.