What were the last video games you played?

Comments

  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    I hope Xmen does so well sales-wise that Konami decides to bring out online versions of The Simpsons and Sunset Riders. And then other companies get on board with Captain America & The Avengers, and that kick-ass Spiderman arcade game where you could be Namor but no one wanted to.
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited December 2010
    whofan;4225969 said:
    You must have quite a bit of time on your hands. I'm lucky to get in a 10 song RB3 session every couple of nights anymore.

    It's depressing I tells ya!
    I won't say "quite a bit of time". Well, probably compared to you. I typically play from ~5:30 to 7:00 in the evening then at night 10:00 or 11:00 until 1:00. I used to play in the late morning and early afternoon, but I finally managed to get a part-time job.

    That night, I ended up playing RE5 and Minecraft.
  • StormfoxyhomerStormfoxyhomer Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    sonic , sonic the little blue hedgehog, just rolls all over the place. A way different seen for me!!
  • edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4227173 said:
    I hope Xmen does so well sales-wise that Konami decides to bring out online versions of The Simpsons and Sunset Riders. And then other companies get on board with Captain America & The Avengers, and that kick-ass Spiderman arcade game where you could be Namor but no one wanted to.

    Don't forget the D&D and Knights of the Round arcade games! Those were awesome.
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I've been playing NBA 2K11 a lot recently. Best basketball game since....since....ever?
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited December 2010
    that spiderman game was awesome. i'll be hawkeye!
  • WiiLOL11235WiiLOL11235 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I played Golden Sun: Dark Dawn recently. It was fun.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Der_Lex;4227725 said:
    Don't forget the D&D and Knights of the Round arcade games! Those were awesome.

    Oh lord yeah, the D&D games were the greatest. Mystara with the four-player was incredible! Did you ever try Knights of Valour? It's along the same line but I didn't think it had the same charm as the D&D ones.
    bermuddy;4227736 said:
    that spiderman game was awesome. i'll be hawkeye!

    I'll be Namor!
  • edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4228227 said:
    Oh lord yeah, the D&D games were the greatest. Mystara with the four-player was incredible! Did you ever try Knights of Valour? It's along the same line but I didn't think it had the same charm as the D&D ones.
    I think I played that once. I thought it was okay at the time.
    kiggidykev;4228227 said:
    I'll be Namor!
    I'll be Black Cat. Meow!
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Der_Lex;4228258 said:
    I think I played that once. I thought it was okay at the time.
    Same here, I never got into it as much as the D&D games or even King of Dragons (which I now also hope comes to Live/PSN!). I remember it being more "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" style for the characters, and it was remarkably popular in MAME when it was finally supported. Maybe I'll try getting into that one again when my cabinet is back up and running.

    I would seriously buy any Capcom/Konami/Data East/whatever sidescrolling beat-em-up that they want to re-release for online play. One of my deepest regrets on Xbox Live was not picking up the original Double Dragon before they pulled it from the marketplace. There are rumors that it will eventually come to the Xbox Game Room, but then it won't have online play or its own set of achievements, so boo that.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4228467 said:
    Same here, I never got into it as much as the D&D games or even King of Dragons (which I now also hope comes to Live/PSN!). I remember it being more "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" style for the characters, and it was remarkably popular in MAME when it was finally supported. Maybe I'll try getting into that one again when my cabinet is back up and running.

    I would seriously buy any Capcom/Konami/Data East/whatever sidescrolling beat-em-up that they want to re-release for online play. One of my deepest regrets on Xbox Live was not picking up the original Double Dragon before they pulled it from the marketplace. There are rumors that it will eventually come to the Xbox Game Room, but then it won't have online play or its own set of achievements, so boo that.
    Two words... Bad Dudes.

    It doesn't get better than wearing fingerless gloves and fighting on the top of a rolling big rig.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    RDR's Undead Nightmare: amazing chunk of DLC, finished the main storyline and I'm shambling around as "different" Marsten, wishing for even more missions to do. Sorta accidentally shot War in the head, Famine sucked, but Death is a fine and useful horse. Must now chase down the Chupacabra and the unicorn, maybe shoot some more bigfoots, bigfeet, whatever.

    Fable 3's stupid-ass, ten minute single-quest DLC for the same price: ugh, what a waste of cash.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Okay, now we own X-men on both the 360 and PS3. EXTRAVAGANT!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4228655 said:
    Okay, now we own X-men on both the 360 and PS3. EXTRAVAGANT!

    You can play both at the same time and it'll be almost 3-D!!!
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I bought the Humble Indie Bundle 2 yesterday. Five games, pay what you want- AMAZING Deal. I think I will buy one for my friend as well.

    Braid- This game earned rave reviews when it was first released. It's a FUN puzzle-platformer with a great time manipulation mechanic. I fail to see how it changes your world, (haven't finished it yet) but it's worth playing for sure.

    Machinarium- What? A commercial Flash game? Madness! Calm down, it's actually quite good. Interesting art, well thought out puzzles, and some interesting height-changing mechanics all add up to be one of the best Flash games you will ever play.

    Cortex Command- This is actually not finished yet. It's sort of like Command and Conquer meets Scorched Earth meets Mega Man (roll with it). It's very much a rough work in progress, but it's worth checking out for the amazing "pixel physics" engine, which creates the most advanced 2d Physics you will ever see. If you are willing to meet the game on it's level, and look into the mods, you might find it to be fun, but it's definitely my least favorite in the pack.

    Osmos- I already had this on iPhone, but it's nice to get the PC version as well. It's a calm, dreamy game about eating cells, but it can get frantic if you choose to do so.

    Revenge of the Titans- This is apparently a new one. I can't wait to see how the reviews turn out. I gotta say, for me this was a complete surprise. I yawned when I learned that it was a tower defense game- not my favorite type. Instead, it turned out to be one of the most epic tower defense games I have played, more arcade RTS than tower defense. There was a level early on that gave me massive headaches, but I felt so satisfied like no TD game I've played before after I finally beat it.

    Grab this deal now, it only has a few days left.
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Whoops, didn't mean to double post there, sorry.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Lawdog1521;4228670 said:
    You can play both at the same time and it'll be almost 3-D!!!

    Tell me about it. I drew a doodle today for a controller that operated both consoles at the same time. I thought it was pretty brilliant, but the downside would be that it would quickly get buggered up with the way the enemies move and more often than not, one would degenerate to just running around punching things that aren't there.
    krisko;4228680 said:
    Whoops, didn't mean to double post there, sorry.

    It's okay, the forums say that sometimes even though it doesn't go through.
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4228701 said:
    It's okay, the forums say that sometimes even though it doesn't go through.

    It's done it to me with every post I've made since the forum changed a little.


    Anywho. Basically today, I've only played A Kingdom of Keflings. I decided to grab up all the other achievements I needed before A World of Keflings comes out next Wednesday.
  • edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4228655 said:
    Okay, now we own X-men on both the 360 and PS3. EXTRAVAGANT!

    We are so on for a game sometime next week.

    As long I don't have to play Cyclops. I was reminded yesterday of how sucky he is in that game.
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I've been playing Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon recently to prepare for the new Fire Emblem that could possibly be coming out next year. I'm up to Chapter 13, where I'm up against heaps of balistas. It's quite fun having a game where anything can possibly happen during gameplay. Although, I get really frustrated whenever the game's Random Number Generator screws me over.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Der_Lex;4228796 said:
    We are so on for a game sometime next week.

    As long I don't have to play Cyclops. I was reminded yesterday of how sucky he is in that game.

    Sarah wants in too, and she likes to play as Storm. Cyclops isn't much fun with his regular moves, I find, but I like his (inexplicably) exploding optic blast.
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    So I just got back from getting Fallout: New Vegas and Call of Duty: Black Ops. This is the sweet part of it all.

    Went to Target... Black Ops was on sale there for $47. I was sold already. Bought it.
    Went to Best-Buy and New Vegas was on sale there for $40. Definitely sold.

    So then I decided to grab a point card to get the new New Vegas DLC that comes out on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, I'll be buying A World of Keflings.

    Great, GREAT week!!
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    smash bros. brawl as ganondorf,smashing everyone into pieces
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Been mostly playing Cataclysm. Gotta gear up my main and level my new Goblin character.

    Time is money friend!
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    RB3, Singstar and Guild Wars.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I played Pac-Man Championship Edition the other day and was reminded how much more awesome the new DX version is.

    I'm looking forward to playing the Dead Space 2 demo tonight.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    Cataclysm with a little NBA 2K11 and Halo Reach mixed in.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Super Mario All Stars (Wii). Love the original Mario games, but they can be frustrating as hell some times.

    Would also be playing Super Mario 64 and Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time if I had proper controllers for them :P
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Just jumped back into Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Great game, but man is it long! And frustrating at times... but I keep coming back for more!
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited December 2010
    TheRollingBones;4232676 said:
    Just jumped back into Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Great game, but man is it long! And frustrating at times... but I keep coming back for more!

    I played that a few days ago. The first time I went through it, I set the difficultly to Normal. I thought, "How hard can it be?" I found out the hard way. The later stages had me saving after just about every turn. It took a ton of effort to actually beat the game.

    OK now on to what I played today.
    -A little bit of Resident Evil 5's mercenaries
    -One level of LEGO Star Wars
    -A few races in Hydro Thunder Hurricane

    If you have at least 1200 points to spare, get Hydro Thunder Hurricane. This game is a blast to play. If you plan to play online, you need to get the Tempest Pack dlc. The Tempest Pack comes in two versions. The 400 point version allows the use of the content in single player and multiplayer. The free version is for multiplayer only.
Sign In or Register to comment.