What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• TheFunkDoctorTheFunkDoctor Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Little Big Planet! love that game so ridiculously addicting and about to go get LBP 2!
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    I decided to finally start playing the Call of Duty: Black Ops campaign. Well, I beat it the other day and I've got to say, it is definitely the best Call of Duty yet. The story ways great (although, confusing in the beginning). Multiplayer is fun. And Zombies is always fun. Heck, I'm having lots of fun just playing Dead Ops. Treyarch has definitely re-gained my respect for them.
    DrowGamer77;4261860 said:
    Really? I rarely have too much trouble (unless there is a group of more than 5). I have Boone and ED-E just soften them up and then I hunting shotgun them to the face. OR use the Euclid C-Finder and blow the **** out of 'em. But that seems harder since they move around so much.

Well, now that I'm at max level. And I have the amazing Anti-Material rifle. They're not a problem anymore. I don't just run up to them like I used to. I always try and stay hidden. I usually have Boone and Rex with me, and they usually always do their job.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I'm attempting to have all of the Legend of Zelda games beaten before my 16th birthday (which is in late June). My progress is in the signature. Anyway, I almost beat Ocarina of Time, but glitched up a Piece of Heart (I did it relatively early in the game, but didn't realize it until after beating the last Temple). I'm playing A Link to the Past on Wii VC now.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited January 2011
    I was disappointed in the hardcore mode of F:NV. That was one of the most touted new features and it just didn’t deliver. Ammo has weight… which is next to nothing. You need to eat, drink, and sleep. Food, water, and beds are everywhere. Partners can die… but I played alone mostly anyway.

It didn’t add to the game as they said it would. That, plus the glitches, is why I give it a 7/10.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Playing through Limbo at the moment, probably 3/4ths the way through by now. And all I have to say is:

**** YOU, SPIDER! Try to wrap me up for food? I'LL TEAR YOUR DAMN LEGS OFF!!!
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4262351 said:
    I was disappointed in the hardcore mode of F:NV. That was one of the most touted new features and it just didn’t deliver. Ammo has weight… which is next to nothing. You need to eat, drink, and sleep. Food, water, and beds are everywhere. Partners can die… but I played alone mostly anyway.

It didn’t add to the game as they said it would. That, plus the glitches, is why I give it a 7/10.

Ammo having weight adds up. Trust me, I know. Rockets are 3lbs a piece. So on that play-through, I only carried like 10 rockets or less on me. Because they're heavy. And I know I used them a lot on my first playthrough so I figured I'd use them alot on the hardcore run.

Well, on my first playthrough. I have like 120 rockets on me. Take that x3 and you have 360lbs of rockets. Well, I'd be overencoumbered already. They seriously add up. I remember I had boone carry some of my ammo because of all the food I was carrying (in the long run, food was better than the stimpacks) water (both dirty and pure). It ended up being pretty close.

Of course, I speed ran through the game to beat it on hardcore (only took about 7 hours to do). But it was interesting.

The glitches are bad, but they're not completely ruining the game. The only glitch that I absolutely hate is the fact on playthrough 1, I can't go to Cottonwood Cove at all. Anytime I get like 500 feet away from the place, my game freezes. Even though I can get there fine on my other 2 playthroughs.

Sure, the game freezing at random times is semi-annoying. But it's not that bad.

I mean, other than the game freezing glitches, I really don't notice any more glitches. The game for me would most definitely get a solid 9/10 from me.
    edited January 2011
    Weight didn’t effect me then because I mainly used a fully moded hunting shotgun with an assortment of magnum rounds and slugs. I carried hundreds of rounds of that and pistol and never needed a companion. Granted, conventional ammo doesn’t way that much. But when you’re lugging around a whole gun locker of equipment it should effect something. :p
  • candysellcandysell Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Counter-Strike Source on Steam on PC. that game owns and is really addicting. over 13,000 servers to choose from and play. theres zombies mode, Counter Terrorist vs Terrorist standard mode, surf mode, minigame servers. deathmatch servers. Fun Game and its better than every game ive played so far.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    Cataclysm.....again.lol
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4262495 said:
    Weight didn’t effect me then because I mainly used a fully moded hunting shotgun with an assortment of magnum rounds and slugs. I carried hundreds of rounds of that and pistol and never needed a companion. Granted, conventional ammo doesn’t way that much. But when you’re lugging around a whole gun locker of equipment it should effect something. :p

That is true. I was always saying to myself before starting the hardcore run "Go light. Don't take anything you don't need." Like 3 hours in, that went out the window. It's an awesome concept though, I'll give them that. But I think that if Obsidian were to make another Fallout game (I hope they do though) maybe they'll build up on it?

I know that the reason why these games (Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas) were so darn glitchy was because of the Gamebryo engine. Since Bethesda built a whole new engine called Creation Engine for Skyrim, they'll most likely use that on their future games. Hopefully, it's a lot less buggy and glitchy as Gamebryo. Only time will tell though.
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited January 2011
    Minecraft. I can across a massive cavern that took me an hour to explore, place torches, and mine. There was an abundance of iron ore and coal. The highest part of the cavern actually was the seafloor. I knock the sand loose and created a waterfall that solidified a patch of lava at the bottom of the cavern.
    I now have enough iron to extend my minecart line out in a desert area. I plan to collect the sand there and use it to make glass for my underwater tunnel.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4246427 said:
    I hate cazador's.
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4246582 said:
    Yeah, they're insane.

I'm with you guys. I hate those things. I'll even take the long way around if it means avoiding them altogether. I was roaming the wastes today and happened upon the Cazador Nest by accident. It was not pretty.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    I was playing Fable III earlier today. Decided to scrap the playthrough that I got to Bowerstone on, so I'm doing stuff in Brightwall now.
    edited January 2011
    I just tried the Modern Combat: Domination demo… wow. Someone thought it was a bright idea to remove the ability to respawn. So, each round is as follows. Figure out what weapons you have, get shot, lay there for several minutes for the next round. Figure out what buttons do what, get shot, lay there for several minutes. Figure out the map, get shot, lay there a few minutes. Have the rest of your team get shot, then you get shot, then still lay there several minutes.

Oh, and Playstation Move players can compete with us standard controller people so there’s no hope of you being faster or more accurate.

This game is baked in an oven and then frosted in fail.
    edited January 2011
    Rockox;4263510 said:
    I'm with you guys. I hate those things. I'll even take the long way around if it means avoiding them altogether. I was roaming the wastes today and happened upon the Cazador Nest by accident. It was not pretty.

They're not bad if you have enough Antivenom on you and awesome weapons... or a very high level where their poison will just die off and you won't die. They're also tolerable if you have Boone and Rex with you. Rexy will just charge at them and Boone will just sit back and snipe at them. But by yourself and in the beginning of the game they are the 2nd most feared creature (Deathclaws are still creepy).
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Currently playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, the story is amazing and is keeping me hooked in despite the somewhat repetitive game-play. I'm about half way done with the story, but had to stop yesterday because I was working in the morning.
  • MuhveliMuhveli Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Last game was the Witcher (enhanced edition director's cut or whatever it is called in Steam). Don't remember what I expected going in but the game was an excellent crpg, definitely worth the time/money to play for anyone who enjoys morrowind/oblivion/to a lesser extent dragon age/mass effect. Or maybe nwn/nwn2.
    madcapmatt;4263735 said:
    Currently playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, the story is amazing and is keeping me hooked in despite the somewhat repetitive game-play. I'm about half way done with the story, but had to stop yesterday because I was working in the morning.

I played the demo a few months ago and thought it seemed fun and exciting but was somewhat skeptic about the game's length and replayability. What do you think, is there replay value in the game and how long does a playthrough last?
  • edited January 2011
    While I'm waiting for Mass Effect 2 to be delivered (it comes out over here in Europe tomorrow), I'm wrapping up AC: Brotherhood on my PS3 and I've just started playing Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective on my DS.
    Fans of Phoenix Wright REALLY need to check this game out, since it's written by the same writer and has a pretty unique gameplay concept in which you, as a ghost, try to discover the events that led to your own death and try to prevent the deaths of others by possessing objects and manipulating them. I'm not too far into the game yet, but so far it's a fun, well-written puzzle game with cool rotoscoped character models that remind me of games like Flashback and Another World.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited January 2011
    I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins: Awakening. I figured I should get around to doing that before Dragon Age II comes out in March.
  • edited January 2011
    I've never gotten around to playing Awakening, because it's only available as a digital download on the PS3 in Europe, and they're charging about twice as much for it than for any of the disc versions. If EA ever decides to give it a significant price drop before DA:2 (which I do have on preorder) comes out, I'll pick it up, but otherwise I'll just skip it.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I'm multi-tasking finishing old games and working on current ones to make trade credit for LBP2 and Gran Turismo. Almost done Lego Rockband but it'll be a while before i can do that solo on expert for final countdown. Working on Mag to get the level 60 trophies so I can return to S.V.E.R full time. Just finished Uncharted 2 on Hard and working on Crushing while finding treasures I missed.
    So I guess most Recent would be Lego Rockband for PS3, and Free Running for the wii both are a lot of fun.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I got the Ultimate edition Dragon Age since I had never got the downloads or Awakening. Now I have em all plus Awakening plus dragon armor for Origins and Mass effect2 lol. All for the same price as my original Origins, well worth the trade
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Muhveli;4263745 said:
    I played the demo a few months ago and thought it seemed fun and exciting but was somewhat skeptic about the game's length and replayability. What do you think, is there replay value in the game and how long does a playthrough last?
    I'd say if you liked the premise of the game, the demo being the 1st chapter of something like 14, you could at the very least give it a rent. The story only gets better as you go further into the game.
    As for the re-playability of the game that depends on the way you start it. I started on easy to get through the story without worrying about getting stuck somewhere. I intend to going back and play it again on a higher difficulty. The game's story is linear, so there aren't any alternate outcomes so you won't have to worry about multiple play-throughs to get the entire experience.
    edited January 2011
    Well, I just rented Fable III just a few minutes ago from my local movie renting place. Hopefully I enjoy it.
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4264821 said:
    Well, I just rented Fable III just a few minutes ago from my local movie renting place. Hopefully I enjoy it.

I like it so far, if that's any help.
    edited January 2011
    clashcityrocker10;4264830 said:
    I like it so far, if that's any help.

Well, I never got around to playing Fable. But I played Fable II when I learned about the "episodes" thing they did and basically fell in love with Fable II. How is this compared to F2?
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4264859 said:
    Well, I never got around to playing Fable. But I played Fable II when I learned about the "episodes" thing they did and basically fell in love with Fable II. How is this compared to F2?

Well, combat is largely unchanged (combining spells and longer range guns, I suppose). I like the way that interacting has been redone, and the addition of relationship quests (to become friends with people) is cool, even if they are usually simple fetch quests. Small plot spoiler (if you haven't been reading up on what Molyneaux was saying during game production): I haven't gotten to this point, but I've heard that the part of the story where you play as King is very fun, but also very short. The "elimination of menus" thing that was so hyped is strange. I guess the things that are usually found in menus are better streamlined into the game, but saving/loading is a little more of a hassle than normal. All in all, if you liked Fable II, you should like Fable III.
    edited January 2011
    RB3, Voxtaring, while intoxicated. :p
    edited January 2011
    clashcityrocker10;4264875 said:
    Well, combat is largely unchanged (combining spells and longer range guns, I suppose). I like the way that interacting has been redone, and the addition of relationship quests (to become friends with people) is cool, even if they are usually simple fetch quests. Small plot spoiler (if you haven't been reading up on what Molyneaux was saying during game production): I haven't gotten to this point, but I've heard that the part of the story where you play as King is very fun, but also very short. The "elimination of menus" thing that was so hyped is strange. I guess the things that are usually found in menus are better streamlined into the game, but saving/loading is a little more of a hassle than normal. All in all, if you liked Fable II, you should like Fable III.

Good to know, thanks!
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4264891 said:
    Good to know, thanks!

No problem at all.