What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I've never gotten around to playing Awakening, because it's only available as a digital download on the PS3 in Europe, and they're charging about twice as much for it than for any of the disc versions. If EA ever decides to give it a significant price drop before DA:2 (which I do have on preorder) comes out, I'll pick it up, but otherwise I'll just skip it.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I'm multi-tasking finishing old games and working on current ones to make trade credit for LBP2 and Gran Turismo. Almost done Lego Rockband but it'll be a while before i can do that solo on expert for final countdown. Working on Mag to get the level 60 trophies so I can return to S.V.E.R full time. Just finished Uncharted 2 on Hard and working on Crushing while finding treasures I missed.
    So I guess most Recent would be Lego Rockband for PS3, and Free Running for the wii both are a lot of fun.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I got the Ultimate edition Dragon Age since I had never got the downloads or Awakening. Now I have em all plus Awakening plus dragon armor for Origins and Mass effect2 lol. All for the same price as my original Origins, well worth the trade
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Muhveli;4263745 said:
    I played the demo a few months ago and thought it seemed fun and exciting but was somewhat skeptic about the game's length and replayability. What do you think, is there replay value in the game and how long does a playthrough last?
    I'd say if you liked the premise of the game, the demo being the 1st chapter of something like 14, you could at the very least give it a rent. The story only gets better as you go further into the game.
    As for the re-playability of the game that depends on the way you start it. I started on easy to get through the story without worrying about getting stuck somewhere. I intend to going back and play it again on a higher difficulty. The game's story is linear, so there aren't any alternate outcomes so you won't have to worry about multiple play-throughs to get the entire experience.
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Well, I just rented Fable III just a few minutes ago from my local movie renting place. Hopefully I enjoy it.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4264821 said:
    Well, I just rented Fable III just a few minutes ago from my local movie renting place. Hopefully I enjoy it.

I like it so far, if that's any help.
    edited January 2011
    clashcityrocker10;4264830 said:
    I like it so far, if that's any help.

Well, I never got around to playing Fable. But I played Fable II when I learned about the "episodes" thing they did and basically fell in love with Fable II. How is this compared to F2?
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4264859 said:
    Well, I never got around to playing Fable. But I played Fable II when I learned about the "episodes" thing they did and basically fell in love with Fable II. How is this compared to F2?

Well, combat is largely unchanged (combining spells and longer range guns, I suppose). I like the way that interacting has been redone, and the addition of relationship quests (to become friends with people) is cool, even if they are usually simple fetch quests. Small plot spoiler (if you haven't been reading up on what Molyneaux was saying during game production): I haven't gotten to this point, but I've heard that the part of the story where you play as King is very fun, but also very short. The "elimination of menus" thing that was so hyped is strange. I guess the things that are usually found in menus are better streamlined into the game, but saving/loading is a little more of a hassle than normal. All in all, if you liked Fable II, you should like Fable III.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited January 2011
    RB3, Voxtaring, while intoxicated. :p
    edited January 2011
    clashcityrocker10;4264875 said:
    Well, combat is largely unchanged (combining spells and longer range guns, I suppose). I like the way that interacting has been redone, and the addition of relationship quests (to become friends with people) is cool, even if they are usually simple fetch quests. Small plot spoiler (if you haven't been reading up on what Molyneaux was saying during game production): I haven't gotten to this point, but I've heard that the part of the story where you play as King is very fun, but also very short. The "elimination of menus" thing that was so hyped is strange. I guess the things that are usually found in menus are better streamlined into the game, but saving/loading is a little more of a hassle than normal. All in all, if you liked Fable II, you should like Fable III.

Good to know, thanks!
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4264891 said:
    Good to know, thanks!

No problem at all.
  • iRNProiRNPro Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Isn't it obvious? lol Rock Band 3!!!
  • KazukiFoxKazukiFox Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Dance Central - 9/10
    Battlefield Bad Company: 2 - 10/10 (Most balanced war game at the moment)
    ROCK BAND 3 - 20/10 (hurr durr best music game ever)
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited January 2011
    Fallout 3
    Currently helping Three Dog with replacing the relay dish on the Washington Monument. The trip there nearly killed me. I came across a raider base in the subway and the turrets there chewed up my health. I might risk returning via aboveground. At least I got a better shotgun off of one of the raiders.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Anybody tried out "Bloody Good Time" yet? 400msp seems like a reasonable price for it but I've heard the game is pretty mediocre.
    edited January 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4265622 said:
    Fallout 3
    Currently helping Three Dog with replacing the relay dish on the Washington Monument. The trip there nearly killed me. I came across a raider base in the subway and the turrets there chewed up my health. I might risk returning via aboveground. At least I got a better shotgun off of one of the raiders.
    Hang in there! :p The ghouls have a city near there if you need a doc.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited January 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4265622 said:
    Fallout 3

If I remember correctly, there is a spot in a nearby wrecked building where you can cherry pick those Super Mutants... Problem is, you need to clear the building first. I Could be mistaken though; my memory of that point in the game is fuzzy.

I finished all the road challenges in RB3 the other night and got to see the entire HMX team pictures in the credits.

I also have been playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. The apprentice is totally bad-ass in the game but the game is short as everybody says. The final battle with Vader is fun, but not super hard. Granted, I haven't played it on Unleashed difficulty yet.

Now I am playing Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. It plays well and has elements that remind me of the Batman Arkham Asylum game. BUT I HATE the camera when I am crawling on walls. Good graphics, fun combat and lots of upgrades.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    madcapmatt;4265786 said:
    Anybody tried out "Bloody Good Time" yet?

I tried the demo and HATED it. I'd say give it a go and see what you think.
  • edited January 2011
    AC: Brotherhood's multiplayer is surprisingly fun. I especially love how the game really rewards stealthy kills and clever maneuvering rather than running around like and idiot and stabbing at anything that moves.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I've been playing Rock Band 3 of course, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, a really fun shooter game for the Wii.
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4265806 said:
    Hang in there! :p The ghouls have a city near there if you need a doc.

Where is it in relation to the Museum of Technology? I might need to find it since I'm getting low on Stimpacks and food.
    Mileycyrussoulja;4266406 said:
    I've been playing Rock Band 3 of course, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, a really fun shooter game for the Wii.
    I thought MP3 was more of an Adventure or Action game. I mean, since there are puzzles and such in addition to combat.
    edited January 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4266409 said:
    Where is it in relation to the Museum of Technology? I might need to find it since I'm getting low on Stimpacks and food.
    I think it was straight across from there, on the other side of the park. It's before you get the memorial.

Edit: West of the museum of tech and slightly north., it's across the national mall. (So look out for super mutants) It's in the museum of history.

Oh, you'll also see a friendly ghoul on patrol out front.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited January 2011
    Assassin's Creed 2 bruther. Just beat Part 1, now Beating Part 2
    edited January 2011
    Fable III. I'm absolutely loving it. Hopefully I can beat this sucker before Thursday (because that's when it's due back). If I can't, then I'll have to rent it for another week or maybe just 3 days.
  • edited January 2011
    I just got ME2 in the mail today. 2 days is a new speed record for Amazon free delivery, odd how I get my stuff a lot faster over here than when I still lived in the second biggest city in Belgium.

Will probably combine playing that with more AC:Brotherhood online fun. I have just discovered how fun it is to lure assailants, smoke bomb them as they get near and then smack 'em upside the head for being so bloody obvious.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    i have been rushing through the lost and the damned expansion(im very late to the party i know). ballad of gay tony after that.

i bought mass effect 2 as well. amazon had a buy 2 get 1 free promotion and i took advantage. mass effect 2, tiger woods 11 and dragon age origins ultimate edition. im gonna have to go on a huge video game binge with the quickness. i have those 3 in the mail plus undead nightmare, new vegas, gran turismo 5 and battle field 2 all waiting to get cracked open.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    RB3, where I managed to hold a stable online band twice

NCAA FB 11, where I won a national championship
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    I addition to crazy amounts of WoW:cataclysm,Darksiders and The Saboteur. Both really underrated fun games.
    edited January 2011
    The Saboteur was a very fun game.
    edited January 2011
    Battlefield 1943

Simple, yet enjoyable. If you have any interest in the game, it is still discounted at 600 points.