What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4270650 said:
    Did everything I wanted to do in Fable III. Game is officially done with me.

So, I played the Crysis 2 demo on 360. It was utter crap.

I played the Bulletstorm Demo, and it has huge potential to be freaking awesome!

Funny i thought the exact opposite. Bulletstorm totally sucked and Crysis 2 was actually pretty fun.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited January 2011
    Heavenly Sword. Boss is impossible.
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Playing Sands of Destruction in preparation for my speedrun of it. I'm seeing whether it's possible to complete the game in under 8 hours.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    finished undead nightmare last night. now on to getting the 100%. that might be a bit difficult as im only at 65% right now.
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited January 2011
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I just got myself the Explorer perk in Fallout: New Vegas, so I'm currently roaming the wastes, discovering new locations and looking for star bottle caps.

I picked up Plants Vs. Zombies on XBLA the other day. Very fun game. I also just downloaded the demos for Bulletstorm and Crysis 2, so I need to check those out soon.
  • MuhveliMuhveli Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    madcapmatt;4264668 said:
    I'd say if you liked the premise of the game, the demo being the 1st chapter of something like 14, you could at the very least give it a rent. The story only gets better as you go further into the game.
    As for the re-playability of the game that depends on the way you start it. I started on easy to get through the story without worrying about getting stuck somewhere. I intend to going back and play it again on a higher difficulty. The game's story is linear, so there aren't any alternate outcomes so you won't have to worry about multiple play-throughs to get the entire experience.

I ended up buying it last Saturday as it was on a slightly reduced price (about 40€) and finished the story sometime late Monday evening. Had an absolute blast, the story was very well written and the characters excellent. I'm already going through it again, this time on Hard. ;)

...if anybody's wondering, the game is "Enslaved: Odyssey to the west"
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited January 2011
    Fallout 3
    I got back to GNR studios through a much easier route. (Although, I did have to run from a super mutant brute at one point.) While I was in the area, I went to the War Memorial to plant an observer for the Wasteland Survival Guide.
  • torquebluetorqueblue Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space 2 on the Zealot mode. its hard and the ammo drops in 2-3's and i almost get one shotted ever now and then. its really Scary too :D
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4271605 said:
    Fallout 3
    I got back to GNR studios through a much easier route. (Although, I did have to run from a super mutant brute at one point.) While I was in the area, I went to the War Memorial to plant an observer for the Wasteland Survival Guide.

I luh-huv Fallout 3.
    I'm currently playing that, and Forza 3. Haven't played Rock Band 3 in almost a month now.
    (The last 3 video games I've played are all "3"s....Fallout, Forza, Rock Band. Numerologists should have a field day with this.)
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited January 2011
    I'm REALLY excited to play this game.

Who's with me?
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited January 2011
    DrowGamer77;4271802 said:
    I'm REALLY excited to play this game.

Who's with me?
    I shot a kid. He was 13 years old. Ohhh, it was dark, I couldn't see him. He had a ray gun, looked real enough. You know, when you're a rookie, they can teach you everything about bein' a cop except how to live with a mistake. Anyway, I just couldn't bring myself to draw my gun on anybody again.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4271817 said:
    I shot a kid. He was 13 years old. Ohhh, it was dark, I couldn't see him. He had a ray gun, looked real enough. You know, when you're a rookie, they can teach you everything about bein' a cop except how to live with a mistake. Anyway, I just couldn't bring myself to draw my gun on anybody again.

That, sir is Sgt. Al Powell of the LAPD.

The referenced game is about Carl Winslow, a beat cop in Chicago.

Totally different people. Duh. :p
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    I played a little more of the Bulletstorm Demo today. Ended up getting some kind of execution thing that I didn't even know how to get. I ended up getting like 5k points on that..

Then I saw that one of my friends has like 10k points. I was like WTF? How is that even possible?

I have a feeling that Bulletstorm will be REALLY addicting when it releases.
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    DrowGamer77;4271821 said:
    That, sir is Sgt. Al Powell of the LAPD.

The referenced game is about Carl Winslow, a beat cop in Chicago.

Totally different people. Duh. :p

Do you get to shoot Urkel?
    edited January 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4271605 said:
    Wasteland Survival Guide.

Is that Moira Brown's quest? I did the first third of her quest but then just got annoyed doing stuff for her. So I had a good enough speech that I convinced her to stop. I think I lost karma, but whatever. **** Moira Brown.
  • princessjessa13princessjessa13 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I'm currently working on "The World Ends With You" on my Nintendo DSi. I don't have a lot of time for video games though, so it's a very long and slow process. xD
    edited January 2011
    Rockox;4272098 said:
    Is that Moira Brown's quest? I did the first third of her quest but then just got annoyed doing stuff for her. So I had a good enough speech that I convinced her to stop. I think I lost karma, but whatever. **** Moira Brown.

What did Moira Brown ever do to you? :p I gotta get me Fallout 3 one of these days...

A game I'm very much looking forward to is Bodycount, which is supposed to be a "spiritual succesor" to Black, a very underated FPS that came out in 2006. It was a ferocious game where just about everything was destructible, and it had fantastic sound design and graphics.
    edited January 2011
    Pbateman;4272194 said:
    What did Moira Brown ever do to you?
    She offended me with her bullsht fetch quest, that's what! I realize her quest is a good opportunity to get XP and find new locations early on in the game, but I wasn't having any of it. Besides, her Minnesota accent was getting to me. Reminded me of my relatives.
    Pbateman;4272194 said:
    A game I'm very much looking forward to is Bodycount, which is supposed to be a "spiritual succesor" to Black
    I haven't heard of Bodycount, but I loved Black back in the day. I'd say it was the first FPS I played and really enjoyed. Never finished it though. I got to the last level and never made it past the final big fight.
    edited January 2011
    Rockox;4272205 said:

I haven't heard of Bodycount, but I loved Black back in the day. I'd say it was the first FPS I played and really enjoyed. Never finished it though. I got to the last level and never made it past the final big fight.

I hear ya. I finished the game on medium and got all the way to the end on hard, just could not get past that insane final battle. There must have been 50 enemies you had to take out, including those heavily armored shotgun guys, who you had to take out immediately as they could kill you dead real quick. There was a wave of those riot shield guys too, who were armed with high powered magnums. Ugh. Awesome, awesome game.
    edited January 2011
    It wasn't even the final battle that bugged me. It was the fact that the game wouldn't SAVE right before the fight. Sure, it gave you a checkpoint, but when you'd shut the game off and then come back to it, you'd have to start the entire level over. It got to the point where I just didn't want to slog through another 30-45 minutes just to get to the part I needed to beat. I just didn't have that kinda time.

Other than that, yeah, a terrific game. Lotsa things that go boom.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Finished playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West last night. I was a little bit disapointed with the ending, seemed pretty weak compared to the rest of the story. I'm also working on a few achievements from Green Day Rock Band.
    edited January 2011
    Rockox;4272098 said:

She gives you a stick that causes mole rats heads to explode. How can you be hate'n on Moria?
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited January 2011
    I turned Moira into a ghoul.

I'm not proud of myself.
    edited January 2011
    bigmf;4272558 said:
    I turned Moira into a ghoul.

I'm not proud of myself.

You killed the city and that's what you're most upset about? :p
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4272593 said:
    You killed the city and that's what you're most upset about? :p

That and Qui-Gon's dissappointment, yes.
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4272530 said:
    She gives you a stick that causes mole rats heads to explode. How can you be hate'n on Moria?

I could bash mole rats' heads in with a lead pipe. I didn't need no fancy Moira stick.
    edited January 2011
    Rockox;4272605 said:
    I could bash mole rats' heads in with a lead pipe. I didn't need no fancy Moira stick.

While yes, it is completely useless and mole rats are the least of your worries in the wasteland, watching their heads instantly explode is soothing.
    edited January 2011
    Fair enough. I just watched a Youtube video. So I'm good.