What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited January 2011
    cherokeesam;4273621 said:
    Haven't found that one yet...I'll give it a try.
    In all honesty, my Combat Shotgun is pretty much my go-to weapon in mid-range combat....if I can't "one-shot/one-kill" them from a distance with my sniper rifle, and I don't really want to get in a big bad Mutie's face to chainsaw them with the Ripper, I do give that Combat Shotgun a pretty good workout. (Although my flamer's always good for effect.)

Speaking of Fallout 3, there's something that's been bothering me lately storywise --- the whole "meet The Family" quest in Arefu. Apparently, I effed the whole thing up ("QUEST FAILED!"), but from a moral standpoint, I can't understand why, for the life of me. Okay, these dudes are harassing the good townsfolk of Arefu, right? They've supposedly kidnapped Ian, right? Yet when I go to their lair, and they open fire on me and I proceed to wipe out The Family, everything's red-lettered and I'm losing Karma right and left. And to boot, now I'm an *enemy* to the people of Arefu. I rescue a kidnap victim, wipe out a family of raiders, and now *I'm* the bad guy....? Go figure

There's a way you can make everyone happy on the quest but it's not obvious in the least. I had to use a guide to figure it out, the first play through I did the same as you. That raider group shouldn't have just flat out attacked though, maybe you killed the gaurd out front? That'll piss them all off.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of Fallout 3, there's something that's been bothering me lately storywise --- the whole "meet The Family" quest in Arefu. Apparently, I effed the whole thing up ("QUEST FAILED!"), but from a moral standpoint, I can't understand why, for the life of me. Okay, these dudes are harassing the good townsfolk of Arefu, right? They've supposedly kidnapped Ian, right? Yet when I go to their lair, and they open fire on me and I proceed to wipe out The Family, everything's red-lettered and I'm losing Karma right and left. And to boot, now I'm an *enemy* to the people of Arefu. I rescue a kidnap victim, wipe out a family of raiders, and now *I'm* the bad guy....? Go figure

Minor spoiler... he wasn't kidnapped, so yeah, you shouldn't have killed everyone, and like lawdog said, there's a way to satisfy everyone in that quest. If you'd want to re-start the mission, you should talk to people in the group (specifically the leader), instead of going in guns blazing.
    edited January 2011
    If you do it right, there's a somewhat useful perk you can get out of it too.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4273532 said:
    What went wrong with Spiderman, Drow?

I hate the camera. I'll be swinging and trying to turn and the camera will swing around when I'm turning and jumping thus causing me to jump in the wrong direction. On top of that the web swinging controls are delayed and annoying. Let go, hold R2... hold R2....(still no web - falling... falling) press R2.... Hold R2 to recover (like in Batman Arkham) start process over again. I must've "jumped" off the oil rig platform while fighting Deadpool 4 times last night before I said **** this stupid **** and gave up.

Other than that the game is a big fetch quest
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    haha see why i haven't picked up spider man?
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    DrowGamer77;4273840 said:
    I hate the camera. I'll be swinging and trying to turn and the camera will swing around when I'm turning and jumping thus causing me to jump in the wrong direction. On top of that the web swinging controls are delayed and annoying. Let go, hold R2... hold R2....(still no web - falling... falling) press R2.... Hold R2 to recover (like in Batman Arkham) start process over again. I must've "jumped" off the oil rig platform while fighting Deadpool 4 times last night before I said **** this stupid **** and gave up.

Other than that the game is a big fetch quest

I haven't played a Spider-Man game in years because of this, they can never seem to get the web swinging controls right.
    edited January 2011
    THIS is still the best Spider Man game ever made.
    edited January 2011
    DrowGamer77;4273880 said:
    THIS is still the best Spider Man game ever made.

In my opinion that's the 2nd best Spider-Man game. I would give the top spot to Spider-Man: The Video Game, the awesome arcade game from the early 90's.
    edited January 2011
    Well played, sir.

Somebody here was talking about the Bulletstorm demo on PSN; I tried it last night. I think my eyes had an orgasm.

That game could be a LOT of fun.
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Haven't found that one yet...I'll give it a try.
    In all honesty, my Combat Shotgun is pretty much my go-to weapon in mid-range combat....if I can't "one-shot/one-kill" them from a distance with my sniper rifle, and I don't really want to get in a big bad Mutie's face to chainsaw them with the Ripper, I do give that Combat Shotgun a pretty good workout. (Although my flamer's always good for effect.)

I highly suggest you find any and all unique weapons as they are stronger than the original. And they're definitely worth using.
    DrowGamer77;4273901 said:
    Well played, sir.

Somebody here was talking about the Bulletstorm demo on PSN; I tried it last night. I think my eyes had an orgasm.

I was talking about it on the Xbox. But I totally agree with you. It could totally be A LOT of fun.
    edited January 2011
    DrowGamer77;4273901 said:
    Well played, sir.

What about Bodycount?
    edited January 2011
    Pbateman;4273933 said:

Looks like fun too - is it the same team from criterion that worked on Black? That game was very fun (referring to your previous posts about it). I just sold my copy of it on eBay a couple weeks ago.
    edited January 2011
    DrowGamer77;4273947 said:
    Looks like fun too - is it the same team from criterion that worked on Black? That game was very fun (referring to your previous posts about it). I just sold my copy of it on eBay a couple weeks ago.

Yep, it's the same team. They apparently had some dispute with EA Games over doing a sequel to Black so this is an unofficial followup, kinda like Perfect Dark was to Goldeneye I guess.
  • WolfsbaneWolfsbane Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Just got the PSN game, Deathspank and its sequel! 9/10 great fun!
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4273809 said:
    There's a way you can make everyone happy on the quest but it's not obvious in the least. I had to use a guide to figure it out, the first play through I did the same as you. That raider group shouldn't have just flat out attacked though, maybe you killed the gaurd out front? That'll piss them all off.
    I really had no trouble with The Family. The sentry was glad to relieve me of 100 caps and I had a good conversation with Vance. I ended using an Intelligence check to create a win-win for everybody.
    edited January 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4273963 said:
    I really had no trouble with The Family. The sentry was glad to relieve me of 100 caps and I had a good conversation with Vance. I ended using an Intelligence check to create a win-win for everybody.

It's because I didn't take any lip my first play through. :p

I was essentially a good guy but I wasn't aginst starting a fight with people either. In fact, that's why I killed all of Paradise Falls, the guy out front was a *** to me. Freeing the slaves was an afterthought. :p
    edited January 2011
    I'm looking forward to getting Fallout 3 so I can come back here and make sense of all these posts...
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4273988 said:
    It's because I didn't take any lip my first play through. :p

I was essentially a good guy but I wasn't aginst starting a fight with people either. In fact, that's why I killed all of Paradise Falls, the guy out front was a *** to me. Freeing the slaves was an afterthought. :p
    I'm playing as a good, open-minded person who will commit necessary evils. Thus I killed Colin Moriarty because I believed him to be harmful to Megaton. When I get to Paradise Falls, I'll get the Mesmetron to enslave Raiders.
    edited January 2011
    Pbateman;4273991 said:
    I'm looking forward to getting Fallout 3 so I can come back here and make sense of all these posts...

Make sure you get the GOTY edition!
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4274035 said:
    Make sure you get the GOTY edition!

Because of all the DLC that's included on the disc? Depends on how cheap I can get it.
    edited January 2011
    Pbateman;4274039 said:
    Because of all the DLC that's included on the disc? Depends on how cheap I can get it.

I think the last time I saw it it was $30 (and that was for the Gears of War 2 GOTY edition, heh). Either way, if you don't get the GOTY edition, you'd be spending $10 per DLC. So basically $50 worth of DLC and then the game on top of that.

Looks like $33 Used and $40 new. Still, that's a hell of a price for the game and all the DLC.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:TitleKeyword|Fallout+3+Game+Of+The+Year|1|
    edited January 2011
    Lawdog1521;4273824 said:
    If you do it right, there's a somewhat useful perk you can get out of it too.

That's right, I forgot about that. Good perk, that one.
    Pbateman;4274039 said:

I'd say it's worth it. I enjoyed all of Fallout 3's DLC to varying degrees. Well, I haven't play the alien one (can't remember the name) yet. But I have it downloaded.
    edited January 2011
    clashcityrocker10;4274331 said:
    I'd say it's worth it. I enjoyed all of Fallout 3's DLC to varying degrees. Well, I haven't play the alien one (can't remember the name) yet. But I have it downloaded.

Operation Anchorage
    The Pitt
    Broken Steel
    Point Lookout
    Mothership Zeta

I can't believe I actually know all the names to the DLC. I guess Fallout 3 was that much of an epic game.
    edited January 2011
    I only got Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and the Pit. I've heard the other two were a little light for $10 each. (If you DL them).

The level increase of BS makes it worth it and the new sotry elemnts are fun. Adding things like Reavers was cool too.

Point Lookout's shotgun toting hillbillies and new map to explore rocked.

There wasn't much to the Pit but I did like the story, it's very dark.
    edited January 2011
    They had good weapons. MZ and O:A both had good weapons to use. MZ was good for alien O:A was great for stealth.
    edited January 2011
    Point Lookout and Broken Steel were my favorite, but like I said, I enjoyed all the ones I played. And I'll eventually play Mothership Zeta (thanks for the name) at some point.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    Just bought COD:MW used for my PS3. Played some of the campaign and it's awesome.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4274523 said:
    They had good weapons. MZ and O:A both had good weapons to use. MZ was good for alien O:A was great for stealth.

I bought Broken Steel and Point Lookout as a separate disc (at 10 bucks new, might as well), but haven't played/installed them yet until I finish the main campaign...but I was curious: how interchangeable are all the DLC? Are you able to use items/perks/level-ups etc from one DLC in the others? Is it possible to plug all the DLC in at once and have a MUCH bigger campaign map to play around in, work on multiple quests from different DLC? Or do you have to playthrough *just* a single DLC installment at a time?
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I believe all the DLCs (minus BS, which extends the story once you've completed the main quest) can be played at any time thoughout your time in the wastes. The game will recognize it's installed and you'll receive a notification on your pip-boy to travel to a certain area on the map to start the DLC.

All items/perks/level-ups from DLC can be used in the main game. The only thing is that most of the DLC will take you to locations OFF the map, and sometimes you're stuck in a DLC location for a while, if not its conclusion.

Personally, I would suggest doing Operation: Anchorage as early as possible because it's fairly easy and you get some riDICulously cool weapons and armour at the end of the mission.

Man, we've been talking about Fallout for quite a long time here.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    jayou521;4274872 said:
    Just bought COD:MW used for my PS3. Played some of the campaign and it's awesome.

dude, add me up if you wanna do some multiplayer. i still play it all the time. psn is the same as my log-in here.

currently playing tiger woods '11. grinding out points in the gamernet challenges. platinum is 8 trophies away.