What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited January 2011
    jayou521;4274872 said:
    Just bought COD:MW used for my PS3. Played some of the campaign and it's awesome.

dude, add me up if you wanna do some multiplayer. i still play it all the time. psn is the same as my log-in here.

currently playing tiger woods '11. grinding out points in the gamernet challenges. platinum is 8 trophies away.
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited January 2011
    Rockox;4274947 said:
    I believe all the DLCs (minus BS, which extends the story once you've completed the main quest) can be played at any time thoughout your time in the wastes. The game will recognize it's installed and you'll receive a notification on your pip-boy to travel to a certain area on the map to start the DLC.

All items/perks/level-ups from DLC can be used in the main game. The only thing is that most of the DLC will take you to locations OFF the map, and sometimes you're stuck in a DLC location for a while, if not its conclusion.

Personally, I would suggest doing Operation: Anchorage as early as possible because it's fairly easy and you get some riDICulously cool weapons and armour at the end of the mission.

Man, we've been talking about Fallout for quite a long time here.

I was wondering how the DLC would fit in. I plan on getting Broken Steel and one other DLC for the time being. Hopefully, the string of discounts on Xbox Live will extend to Bethesda.
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4275154 said:
    I was wondering how the DLC would fit in. I plan on getting Broken Steel and one other DLC for the time being. Hopefully, the string of discounts on Xbox Live will extend to Bethesda.

Yeah, these deals are really nice. I just bought Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 for 400 MS points. The DLC is over a gig in space, so that should spend some of my time.

Since you guys are talking about Fallout 3 so much, I think I may have to "borrow" my friends copy to play for a while. You guys are making me miss this game so much.
  • _weeheehoo__weeheehoo_ Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I dug out my NES a few days ago and I've been playing that a lot. The last game I played was Journey to Silius. I'd give it an 8/10.
    edited January 2011
    I'll be playing Bioshock 2 this week mixed with Fallout 3 (thanks everyone!). I guess I'll do a 4th playthough of F3 and stuff. I freaking love that game.
    edited January 2011
    Fallout 3

I came across the Nuka Cola plant and by extension, Nukalurks. A little later on, I had to sneak by a Talon merc hit squad. Good thing I have 6 stealth boys.
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Killzone 2 - 9/10

Well done FPS, a Playstation exclusive. Like pretty much all shooters these days, a little too derivative of Call of Duty in the gameplay, but still a very good game. Pretty ****ing hard in spots, the enemies are relentless and fairly smart too. Looking forward to part 3, which comes out next month.
    edited January 2011
    Fallout 3 (what else?)

On my way to rescue the Big Town residents from the super mutants. But first, I'm trying to get more stimpaks.
    There was an interesting situation at Arefu. Crow's caravan was there and while I was looking up at the highway sign, Crow runs by. I turn around and a Yao Guai is attacking Crow's brahmin. That brahmin was actually fighting back. I armed my Rock-It launcher and helped kill the damn bear.

In other news, I got the F3 add-on disc that has Broken Steel and Point Lookout through Goozex. And due to me forgetting to set everything to "On Hold" before buying more tokens and the internet connection going down again, I'm also getting Metroid: Other M.
    edited February 2011
    Both of my friends who love Metroid basically hated Other M. They literally lol'd at Meh: Mod It, Retro.
    NoMoreVillains;4278288 said:
    Fallout 3 (what else?)

On my way to rescue the Big Town residents from the super mutants. But first, I'm trying to get more stimpaks.
    There was an interesting situation at Arefu. Crow's caravan was there and while I was looking up at the highway sign, Crow runs by. I turn around and a Yao Guai is attacking Crow's brahmin. That brahmin was actually fighting back. I armed my Rock-It launcher and helped kill the damn bear.

Speaking of Brahmin. I was wandering around when I came across some Brotherhood Outcast having some sort of battle. I decided to investigate that, when we got attacked by 3 "Mad Brahmin". I could not help but LOL at the situation and sarcastically said "OH MY GOODNESS, We're so boned right now, guys."

--

Been playing Fallout 3 today. I loaded up my recently abandoned 4th play-through at Vault 112. So I did tranquality lane. Made the one kid cry, then left the place. Dad said he'd meet me at Rivet City, so I told him there's other things I needed to do. As he left, I wandered around for a while... then went towards where Dad goes. Came across a Deathclaw, killed it. Moved on forward a bit, and came across another one who didn't have any idea if it wanted to attack me or not. At first, it ran after me, ran away. Stopped. Walked around. Looked at me, then ran after me again. Stopped again. Walked again, and then him and his buddy decided to attack when a random explosion came from the collapsed highway.

After killing them, I went to find the cause of the explosion. My investigation came up with me empty handed.

Headed to Megaton to sleep and do some trading with Moira. And got the schematics for the Rock-It Launcher. Saved. Then unloaded a teddy bear and 2 pre-war books on a guy. Just to have a good laugh. Then I quit.

Man, Fallout 3 is so much more fun than New Vegas. I cannot wait for Fallout 4 and to see what Bethesda does with that.
    edited February 2011
    Played Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 today. And then I ended up beating it today as well. For when I got it for 400 MS points, it was worth everything! It was fun and it took me about 4.5 hours to do everything in there. That's awesome for a piece of DLC that's not an RPG type DLC like Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas or Oblivion.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of Bioshock, I picked up both games over my Christmas break for $20 apiece, but I have yet to play either of them.
    edited February 2011
    You should definitely enjoy both games. They're a blast to play and I love both of them! I definitely cannot wait for Bioshock: Infinite.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    "You Don't Know Jack" is coming to consoles next week. I used to play this game on PC years ago. I can't WAIT to play it again.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4281090 said:
    "You Don't Know Jack" is coming to consoles next week. I used to play this game on PC years ago. I can't WAIT to play it again.

I agree, we've been looking forward to the 360 version for some time now. The PC was great, but having everyone crowd around a keyboard was just blech.

I played Phoenix Wright and Angry Birds on the iPod last night, and also bought that Game Dev Story because my friend recommended it. The iPod Touch is impressing me as a gaming machine right now, as I didn't think there was much depth to its games.
  • bermuddybermuddy 100.000 Wasted Years
    edited February 2011
    edited February 2011
    It'll be that way until 12 comes out, eh?
    edited February 2011
    kiggidykev;4282201 said:
    I agree, we've been looking forward to the 360 version for some time now. The PC was great, but having everyone crowd around a keyboard was just blech.

I enjoyed crowding around my brother's computer, drinking coke and smoking cigarettes back in the day, but yeah, I'm ready to sit on my couch to play this game. I'm just curious if you can use the big-button Scene It? controllers or if you need 4 regular controllers.
    edited February 2011
    Rockox;4282225 said:
    I enjoyed crowding around my brother's computer, drinking coke and smoking cigarettes back in the day, but yeah, I'm ready to sit on my couch to play this game. I'm just curious if you can use the big-button Scene It? controllers or if you need 4 regular controllers.

That's a good question. The Scene It bundles are super cheap now, so I was thinking of picking one up anyway. They just have the basic buttons and no D-pad though, don't they? I wonder if YDKJ would be impeded that way, like when you have to choose someone to use the Screw on. I think that used the D-pad back on the PlayStation.
    edited February 2011
    Yep, the Scene It? controllers have the ABXY buttons as well as the "big" button which also has directional functionality. I hope YDKJ allows for those controllers to be used, because they're good quality and user friendly.

As far as Scene It? goes, if it's cheap now I would recommend picking it up. It's a fun, quick, casual game and if you're as big an achievement whore as everyone says ;), you'll love it, coz it hands out gamerscore like it's going out of style.
  • iRNProiRNPro Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Well, besides Rock Band 3, the last game I played was Rayman Arena for the Gamecube... Anyone heard of it?
    edited February 2011
    Video demo for You Don't Know Jack here. They mention you use the right trigger to screw your opponent, so I doubt they'll allow the big-button controllers.
    edited February 2011
    Eternal Sonata
    RPG developed by tri-Crescendo, who co-developed the Baten Kaitos games on the Gamecube. Not the greastest RPG, but still good. A big plus for this game is that the composer is none other than Motoi Sakuraba.

Fallout 3
    Went into the the Jefferson Memorial to look for dad and I ended up clearing the place of Super Mutants with only the Flamer. Kill it with fire indeed.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    Due to being snowed in for the last three, four days, I broke out the first Super Mario Galaxy and snagged those last thirty or so stars with Luigi. Goddamn Dreadnought purple coins took the most effort. Turns out there were two more I had no idea existed, too.
    edited February 2011
    Game Dev Story on the iPod has caught my attention lately. It's extremely charming and well-made, and it was only a buck. I would have gladly paid many times that.
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Played Mario Kart Wii last night. I don't know how Nintendo managed to ruin Mario Kart, but they did.

The main problem is there are so many racers on the track and so many crazy powerful weapons it's hard to focus on racing because you're getting shot at all the time.
    edited February 2011
    abynormal;4284723 said:
    Played Mario Kart Wii last night. I don't know how Nintendo managed to ruin Mario Kart, but they did.

The main problem is there are so many racers on the track and so many crazy powerful weapons it's hard to focus on racing because you're getting shot at all the time.

I'm pretty sure they really never changed the limit on players on the track. I've always known it's been 12.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    abynormal;4284723 said:

You must not be that experienced in Mario Kart if you don't expect blue shells, lightning bolts and rubber-band A.I. by now.

Protip: hold a banana or shell behind you to deflect most incoming attacks.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited February 2011
    tiger woods '11. the 12X12 team play trophy is a thorn in my side. it is all that stands between me and platinum glory. blast these sodding online trophies!

/rant

edit: i got 'er dun!! and i met a nice friend along the way. lisa_rox and their majestic 43 platinum trophies. that is un-****ing-real.
    edited February 2011
    Playing Fallout 3 today. I was doing Mothership Zeta, got to the beginning of the final quest and... That freaking little kid will not come through the teleporter. So, I'm stuck in this room with both doors locked and cannot be picked. FFFFFFFUUUUUUU.

Well, I'm boned. I don't want to delete the DLC, because my other 2 characters have weapons from the DLC.

I even took my Fat Man and shot the ground, thinking that dying could fix the glitch. But nope.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited February 2011
    Any of the Fallout games you have to have tons of saves from diffrent dates because of that. Elder Scrolls is the same way.