What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited February 2011
    Well, at least you had 1 radscorpion (even if he was a giant) on your first encounter. You don't get the joys of having 6 chase you down and you being scared ****less.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited February 2011
    it was 2 giants, one regular actually lol.
    edited February 2011
    Radscorpions still weren't that bad. The giant ones were the worst.

But Deathclaws are worse than anything out there!! Cazador's are a very close 2nd.
    edited February 2011
    cazadors? those the bee looking things? there was one not that far off from the giant radscorps. it stung me and i was dead not long after haha. im thinking that maybe i will hold off going up north till i get some better weapons. it was pretty rough up there.
    edited February 2011
    Yeah. Unless you have some Antivenom, and are much stronger, going north is VERY BAD. So, is that where you went first after Goodsprings? LOL!! Sorry, but I found that funny. You should watch this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2435-Fallout-New-Vegas
    edited February 2011
    no i did a couple side quests down south with the NCR and primm(?). down south is where the side quest opened up to go up north so there i went lol. im only a level 5 so, yeah im thinking of holding off. do some exploring somewhere else first.
    edited February 2011
    After my crazy glitch with Mothership Zeta DLC for Fallout 3, I decided to play that profile again today. Profile loads and I see that little girl come through the teleporter! WOO! Finally beat that DLC so now I can go where I Want to go in the Capital Wasteland!
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited February 2011
    Oh good, the copy of the Fallout 3 add-on disc I requested on Goozex came in. I think I'll be going to Point Lookout tonight.

Earlier today, I played Modern Warfare: Reflex. It's the Wii version. Turns out people are still online. I thought multiplayer would be dead with Black Ops out. Played several rounds of Team Deathmatch. I got a nice killstreak in the first match using my MP5 and shotgun loadout.
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    I got DJ Hero 2 last weekend for my Wii, as well as a points card.

DJ Hero 2 is an excellent sequel to the newest rhythm franchise on the block. If you liked the first game, you will also enjoy the second. They've kept all of the things that I loved about the original, yet also added new gameplay elements that make it more enjoyable.

I got Secret of Mana off of the Virtual Console with my points card. It's a lot harder than I expected it to be. I keep dying a LOT, and switching weapons with my partner is a pain. Saving is also frustrating, as savepoints are few and far between and revival items are enormously expensive. I'm also annoyed at the fact that your partner will decide to leave you if you decide to enter a specific area, yet if you go someplace else, she will ask to go to that particular area. Seriously, make up your mind. I'll have to play it a little more to decide if it lives up to the hype or not. I will say that the music is probably the best I've ever heard from an SNES game, I swear that some of the tracks are almost CD-quality sounding.
    edited February 2011
    NoMoreVillains;4288882 said:
    Oh good, the copy of the Fallout 3 add-on disc I requested on Goozex came in. I think I'll be going to Point Lookout tonight.

Keep me updated! I want to know your experience with that DLC. I loved it.
    edited February 2011
    so i explored to the east and found the mining camp, can't quite remember the name of it. close by i found the dreaded horned beast that looks like it came straight from hell. so i killed it and it only gave me 11 xp?! that was a serious what the ****! moment. i was expecting like 55 xp for as much trouble it took to kill the bastard. then i found some radscorpions, much smaller than the giants i was having issues with earlier, and they gave me 11 xp haha. i turned the **** off at that point.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    krisko;4288903 said:
    I got DJ Hero 2 last weekend for my Wii

The DJ Hero games are totally fun.

Well, I seem to have only two quests open in New Vegas and they're both glitched. So it's a good time for You Don't Know Jack to come out today.

Seriously, how come we don't have a dedicated thread for Fallout?
    edited February 2011
    ultimatespidey81;4289433 said:
    so i explored to the east and found the mining camp, can't quite remember the name of it. close by i found the dreaded horned beast that looks like it came straight from hell. so i killed it and it only gave me 11 xp?! that was a serious what the ****! moment. i was expecting like 55 xp for as much trouble it took to kill the bastard. then i found some radscorpions, much smaller than the giants i was having issues with earlier, and they gave me 11 xp haha. i turned the **** off at that point.

It's MUCH easier to rank up in New Vegas than it is in 3. I'm just going to point that out. What level are you currently?
    edited February 2011
    im a level 5 at this point haha. my character is still rather green. but im enjoying the game, dont get me wrong. but i found it rather confusing that both kills game me 11 xp when one of them was a pain in the ass to kill. going in for more action tonight.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited February 2011
    ultimatespidey81;4290018 said:
    im a level 5 at this point haha. my character is still rather green. but im enjoying the game, dont get me wrong. but i found it rather confusing that both kills game me 11 xp when one of them was a pain in the ass to kill. going in for more action tonight.

You can crank the difficulty down if you need to - they changed the exp rewards from Fallout 3 so that the exp is universal across all difficulty levels
    edited February 2011
    im playing it on normal. im just being a little ***** about the xp thing not making sense. i'll get over it on the way to platinum.
    edited February 2011
    ultimatespidey81;4290018 said:

Maybe you do get 11 XP for them. Sure, they're tough in the beginning, but later on, they're so much easier to kill. So, I think maybe the game is right. Weird, but right.
    edited February 2011
    ultimatespidey81;4290052 said:
    im playing it on normal. im just being a little ***** about the xp thing not making sense. i'll get over it on the way to platinum.

then you should start over in Hardcore mode. That's the only way to platinum, and you'll only lose 5 levels...

LD says it isn't really "hardcore" at all
    edited February 2011
    DrowGamer77;4290075 said:
    then you should start over in Hardcore mode. That's the only way to platinum, and you'll only lose 5 levels...

Actually, don't do this. After you've done everything you want to do (And make sure you create extra saves so you can do all the House, Yes Man and Ceaser missions for the achievements/trophys). Then do Hardcore mode, and you can most likely rush it in about 6.5 hours. That's how long it took me at least to do Hardcore mode.
    edited February 2011
    DrowGamer77;4290075 said:

i already was playing it in hardcore mode son! come on now!

feces, im going to go until a certain point, make the save files and finish my one playthrough in hardcore mode. after, im going to go back and turn off the hardcore and do all the faction endings.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited February 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4290079 said:
    After you've done everything you want to do (And make sure you create extra saves so you can do all the House, Yes Man and Ceaser missions for the achievements/trophys). Then do Hardcore mode, and you can most likely rush it in about 6.5 hours. That's how long it took me at least to do Hardcore mode.

That's my plan. I did all the faction endings first and am now doing quests to get to level 30. Once that's done, I'm going to rip thru Hardcore. There are online guides to help you rip thru it in 3-4 hours, if you want.
    edited February 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4290079 said:
    Actually, don't do this. After you've done everything you want to do (And make sure you create extra saves so you can do all the House, Yes Man and Ceaser missions for the achievements/trophys). Then do Hardcore mode, and you can most likely rush it in about 6.5 hours. That's how long it took me at least to do Hardcore mode.
    Ah. I'm so stupid. Good call.
    ultimatespidey81;4290085 said:
    i already was playing it in hardcore mode son! come on now!

I misunderstood. I forgot that "hardcore mode" isn't tied to the difficulty level.

0-2 in here. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    edited February 2011
    DrowGamer77;4290102 said:
    Ah. I'm so stupid. Good call.

I misunderstood. I forgot that "hardcore mode" isn't tied to the difficulty level.

0-2 in here. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

It makes some things difficult, like healing. But yeah, it was interesting.

Getting that "Heal 10,000 points of damage with Food" achievement was a pain, BUT much easier to do in Hardcore. Since food is easier to find, and most of the food will have greater healing.
    edited February 2011
    (Currently playing Fallout 3)

I was on the verge of getting The Terrible Shotgun when I decided to make my way up to Vault 87. I ended up finding a few super mutants along with some outcast. I get too excited and didn't pay attention to the radiation. Went after the super mutants and then died. I was like "WTH I had nearly full health" and then I realized I was stepping closer and closer to Vault 87, and I noticed the Radiation signs, but they didn't click. Got way too radiated and died.

So while my last save was loading... the game froze. :(
    edited February 2011
    thats ****ed, feces. so is the file corrupted now?
    edited February 2011
    ultimatespidey81;4290123 said:
    thats ****ed, feces. so is the file corrupted now?

lol feces. It's Faces.

No. it was just an autosave. I didn't lose much. Just some XP. This time I went to Evergreen Mills (where that awesome shotgun is located) and killed like 20 raiders and a behemoth. I win!
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited February 2011
    I drowned in Vault 11 this morning.

It's about the only thing that can kill me, my two followers are a wrecking crew.
    edited February 2011
    Who do you have? When you're not in Hardcore mode, they cannot die.

When I was in hardcore mode, Boone died pretty quickly.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited February 2011
    Veronica and Rex. I'm not playing hardcore mode until my second playthrough. Veronica has power armour on. I have to be quick if I want to score some kills myself, as they'll just rip through everything.
    edited February 2011
    UntilWeHaveFaces;4290150 said:
    lol feces. It's Faces.

No. it was just an autosave. I didn't lose much. Just some XP. This time I went to Evergreen Mills (where that awesome shotgun is located) and killed like 20 raiders and a behemoth. I win!

it may say faces but, we all see feces so you have been christened as feces. it's a good thing, means we like you.