What were the last video games you played?

Comments

  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Lawdog1521;4219230 said:
    Once you reach the 3rd dead eye level (In Mexico) you'll be head shooting multiple outlaws at once from a full gallop. :p

    I've passed that point, actually, and I'm trying to ween myself from un-aiming, pointing the camera in the general direction of an enemy, and letting auto-aim do all the work. I just crash into trees or fall off cliffs doing this.

    I'm about 70% certain I'll buy the zombie DLC once I finish the main story.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    monkeyfish;4219238 said:
    I've passed that point, actually, and I'm trying to ween myself from un-aiming, pointing the camera in the general direction of an enemy, and letting auto-aim do all the work. I just crash into trees or fall off cliffs doing this.

    I'm about 70% certain I'll buy the zombie DLC once I finish the main story.

    It's well worth it. They put a lot of work into it and it shows.
  • swet07swet07 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I know i'm kinda late but I'm just getting FF XIII and i'm really enjoying it.
  • Mabel3Mabel3 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I spend most of my time playing L4D2 and Fallout: NV.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Der_Lex;4218984 said:

    Now back to AC:Brotherhood. I've just finished the 'train 5 recruits up to assassin rank' guild challenge. They grow up so fast *sniff*.

    When you level up all the possible Assassins and then get bored of them like I did, you can always send them on extremely difficult suicide missions one by one to lose them, and then recruit new ones and start the joy over again. I've taken special care now to only save the female citizens so I can have a sexy Assassin Sisterhood.

    As for me, I was digging through a bunch of several year old game magazines related to GTA:IV before its release, so I've started a new game and have just been going around appreciating all the details.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Finished the main storyline of Red Dead Redemption, and my main thought at the ending is: WHAT IS THIS BULL****!? Well, that cover art for the zombie DLC makes more sense now.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    monkeyfish;4220199 said:
    Finished the main storyline of Red Dead Redemption, and my main thought at the ending is: WHAT IS THIS BULL****!? Well, that cover art for the zombie DLC makes more sense now.

    Did you do the final mission in Blackwater? A lot of people miss that one.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Lawdog1521;4220430 said:
    Did you do the final mission in Blackwater? A lot of people miss that one.

    Intriguing, I must have missed it. SPOILERS: once I took control of that kid, I rode around for a few minutes, wondered why the environment was still the same twenty years later, and turned the game off. I had troubles seeing the new white-text letters on the map all the time, must have been why I missed it.

    MORE SPOILERS: still, though. I could have beat those guys. Dynamite out the window, snipe them from the roof, set them on fire, ANYTHING would have made more sense. :(
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    monkeyfish;4220485 said:
    Intriguing, I must have missed it. SPOILERS: once I took control of that kid, I rode around for a few minutes, wondered why the environment was still the same twenty years later, and turned the game off. I had troubles seeing the new white-text letters on the map all the time, must have been why I missed it.

    MORE SPOILERS: still, though. I could have beat those guys. Dynamite out the window, snipe them from the roof, set them on fire, ANYTHING would have made more sense. :(

    Let's just say the story's not done yet. :)
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    With the official announcement of Elder Scrolls 5, I figure now's as good a time as any to finally play Oblivion. Goodbye to you all.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    I'm pumped over ES 5. It was the only announcment I cared about. I didn't watch the show, as soon as Dane Cook came out I turned the channel.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited December 2010
    I tried Oblivion twice. Just couldn't get into it.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    finished god of war 2. onto god of war 3. i think part 2 is better than 1.

    the graphics during the poseiden battle at the beginning of GOW3 were niiiiice!
  • tormztormz Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Finally got around to finishing Dragon Age: Origins
    and am now playing Demon's Souls
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I picked up Fight Night Round 4 for real cheap recently. Very good.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    topperharley;4220517 said:
    I tried Oblivion twice. Just couldn't get into it.

    Started Oblivion
    Got turned into a vampire
    Sunlight began to insta-kill
    Stuck in a random cave with no beds to fast forward time
    Wait FOREVER for night time and to start the antidote quest
    Finally get out of cave
    Game crashes
    Forgot to save
    Never play it again
    Lawdog1521;4220488 said:
    Let's just say the story's not done yet. :)

    Sweet, will try that once the zombie DLC is finished downloading. 1.7 gigs takes forever on crappy Oklahoman internet. :(
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited December 2010
    Perfect Dark on the 360. I tried online multiplayer, but I'm not having luck with actually playing somebody else. I got match with two people on the same console and they didn't stay long after I was dual-wielding assault rifles.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    monkeyfish;4220738 said:
    Started Oblivion
    Got turned into a vampire
    Sunlight began to insta-kill
    Stuck in a random cave with no beds to fast forward time
    Wait FOREVER for night time and to start the antidote quest
    Finally get out of cave
    Game crashes
    Forgot to save
    Never play it again

    Granted, I loved the game, but it was filled with way too many bugs, most of which they never bothered to fix for the PS3. Like the vampire antidote you mentioned, there was a glitch were it didn't work most of the time and like it or not your charachter was stuck that way.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Lawdog1521;4220976 said:
    Granted, I loved the game, but it was filled with way too many bugs, most of which they never bothered to fix for the PS3. Like the vampire antidote you mentioned, there was a glitch were it didn't work most of the time and like it or not your charachter was stuck that way.

    I played its spiritual successor, Fallout 3. Equally glitchy and boring for me, everything except the massive customization and VATS (I think?) were really mediocre.

    Stupid work prevents me from getting much into the RDR zombie stuff, but I'm really digging that it's got the original voice actors. I used Dead Eye like a dozen times in the main story: that undead sway and headshot only rule means I may have to depend on it.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    I've got a hankering to play New Super Mario Bros Wii, but not alone. That's just boring.

    Super Mario All-Stars just came out on the Wii yesterday, didn't it? I find it so funny that the 4 gig disc (that's how much a Wii disc holds, right?) only holds essentially the SNES rom for the game and an emulator to run it.

    That said, I'm still going to buy it. I have some very good memories of playing that game in high school. :)
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited December 2010
    Played through the Firewalker DLC in ME2. Wasn't overly impressed. The artifact in the last mission reminded me of Sphere.
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4221673 said:
    I've got a hankering to play New Super Mario Bros Wii, but not alone. That's just boring.

    Super Mario All-Stars just came out on the Wii yesterday, didn't it? I find it so funny that the 4 gig disc (that's how much a Wii disc holds, right?) only holds essentially the SNES rom for the game and an emulator to run it.

    That said, I'm still going to buy it. I have some very good memories of playing that game in high school. :)

    New Super Mario Bros Wii is quite fun, but holy **** does it get chaotic with more than two players. I've played it with my sister in law and her husband, he and I are working together to find secret stuff and she's barrelling ahead through the level, leading us to fall down some bottomless pits, good times.

    The version of Super Mario All-Stars I saw advertised came with a soundtrack CD and a book on the history of Mario, all for $29.99. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
  • StormfoxyhomerStormfoxyhomer Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    rb3, till late last night. I'm gonna buy the Sonic set next. This singer is going to visiting the Dentist on Thursday. Rute conal and build up, Crown next week.
  • charliesmilecharliesmile Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Public Service Announcement:
    Pac Man Championship Edition DX is not a game. it's digital crack. super fun digital crack.
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I just beat [PROTOTYPE] today after not playing it since August of '09. Really angered me too considering I had 3 missions left when I gave up back then.

    Going to play Fable II for a while until (hopefully) this weekend were I get Black Ops and Fallout: New Vegas.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    charliesmile;4223157 said:
    Public Service Announcement:
    Pac Man Championship Edition DX is not a game. it's digital crack. super fun digital crack.

    i had been wanting to get this but, there is too much on my plate right now.
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited December 2010
    Tales of Vesperia. I'm going through it again so I can do all of the sidequests.

    Tonight, I figure RB3, Resident Evil 5, and Tales of Vesperia in some order.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    I had a mini RB3 party with family today. Of course the question that kept coming up was, “Why aren’t the vocals scored?”

    My standard response was, “Thank Microsoft.”

    To which they replied, “But you have a PS3.”

    “I know.”

    I see this becoming the reoccurring pain in the butt question at parties, replacing, “Why don’t you have ____?” Thanks HMX. :p
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Just got done playing Goldeneye:Source. Goldeneye is insane with 16 people playing on a map designed for 4!
  • UntilWeHaveFacesUntilWeHaveFaces Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Just got done playing a road challenge in RB3. I have the 20 song road challenge left. =D

    More Fable 2 probably tomorrow, then maybe tomorrow night I'll get that challenge done.
Sign In or Register to comment.