What were the last video games you played?

PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
edited November 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
There's one of these for Books, Movies, TV Shows and Albums and I couldn't find one by searching around so I figured I'd create one.

Super Mario Galaxy - 9/10

Fantastic 3-D Mario platformer, the anti gravity stuff is great and it makes good use of the Wii controls without overdoing it. It's quite long to boot, especially if you attempt to get every star in the game. Always nice to get your money's worth, it sucks to beat a game in a handful of hours. Oh and it wouldn't be a Mario game without some rage inducing levels, there's a few of those here towards the end of the game. Much swearing ensued during these hellish levels.

Comments

  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    I'm getting through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood right now. It is gorgeous and I want to make out with it.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Fallout: New Vegas and I are in an abusive relationship. It keeps pulling me in and then making my recent saves unplayable. But I just keep coming back.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    citric_bullets;4214996 said:
    Fallout: New Vegas and I are in an abusive relationship. It keeps pulling me in and then making my recent saves unplayable. But I just keep coming back.

    You aren't the first, either. That game needs some relationship counselling. And a big honkin' patch.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    They submitted a big patch to Valve, Sony and Microsoft like two days ago. I don't think it's gone through yet, but I'll have to pop New Vegas in to be sure. From what I read on The Vault it's supposed to cover a bunch of known causes of the Missing DLC glitch and some other things.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I just finished Red Dead Redemption a few nights ago. It's as good as everyone says. 9.5/10
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Cool. Once that hits, I may go back and play through to a different ending. It was frustrating enough the first time with all the freezing problems and characters just vanishing.
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Everyone else is playing current games and I'm playing a three year old game, it's hip to be square!

    (Before SMB I did however go through Red Dead Redemption - 10/10)
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Patch isn't implemented on Xbox yet, just checked myself. Hopefully within the next couple days, I want to get a little farther in this playthrough and give the game back to my friend. I know for a fact I'm getting New Vegas for Christmas and I'm gonna start a new character (one that has more than 1 Intelligence point :D) and run through to another ending.

    As far as games I've actually been able to play and judge recently, Dance Central is awesome. Really good implementation of the Kinect's tech, provides a challenge at a reasonable learning curve. I recently finished up getting 5 stars on everything on hard which was a blast. Great exercise too. I'm giving it a break right now to revisit Rock Band 3 a little, get a different workout on the drums. Overall Dance Central's a 9/10.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited December 2010
    The most recent game I finished for the first time was Halo: Reach. As a fan of the series, I enjoyed it greatly (particularly as there were no Flood in this one). The single player campaign is a bit short, but it's one that has replayability value, as it had good variety (on foot, ground vehicles, airborne vehicles, and even space combat). I'm not a big fan of multiplayer, so I can't really comment on that. I give it a 9/10.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Wait, there's no Flood in Reach? I guess if I thought about the story that would have occurred to me. Suddenly Reach seems more like a game I'd actually want to play. I enjoyed every Halo game up until the point where the Flood showed up and then I wanted to quit. The only reason I played on through the Flood levels was so I could say I beat it. Flood = no fun.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited December 2010
    The Flood were okay in the first game because it was new and different and gave you some "holy ****" moments. But they were tedious in the second game and an absolute chore in the third game, particularly the "rescue Cortana" mission.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited December 2010
    citric_bullets;4214996 said:
    Fallout: New Vegas and I are in an abusive relationship. It keeps pulling me in and then making my recent saves unplayable. But I just keep coming back.

    I have been playing this and nothing else, besides RB3. I.. just can't stop.

    I have Read Dead Redemption waiting in its Gamefly sleeve, and Star Wars TFU II still waiting to be opened from its protective seal.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited December 2010
    Interesting. I have RDR waiting to be opened from its protective seal. Along with a few other games.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    When I'm done with AC: Brotherhood, I may go back to play some Kinect games, or practice some real guitar in RB3.
  • KlodrikKlodrik Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Alternating between Rock Band 3 and Bad COmpany 2 at the moment. Loving the new maps for BC2!
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4215274 said:
    When I'm done with AC: Brotherhood, I may go back to play some Kinect games, or practice some real guitar in RB3.

    Kev, how's the single player story for that? Is the game meant to be an online game primarily?
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    im in the final stages of god of war II. soon to be followed by god of war III, new vegas, RB3, GT5 and the undead nightmare pack for RDR.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Im currently in the last world of Donkey Kong Country Returns, which i received for my birthday last friday.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I played a little bit of the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood single player campaign, and it seemed to be just as full as the AC2 single player mode. The online is just a really awesome supplementary thing.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited December 2010
    citric_bullets;4215400 said:
    I played a little bit of the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood single player campaign, and it seemed to be just as full as the AC2 single player mode. The online is just a really awesome supplementary thing.
    Perfect! Thanks for the info
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    DrowGamer77;4215356 said:
    Kev, how's the single player story for that? Is the game meant to be an online game primarily?

    As Critic said, it has a full single-player game all to itself, and it expands nicely on what you were able to do in AC2. Once you get the hang of combat, doing chain-kills and taking down a legion of 20 guards all in one hit each looks so beautiful.

    I haven't even tried the online play yet because I'm so enthralled with the single-player.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Last game I played was Civilization V this past Saturday. Fun stuff.
  • edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4215526 said:
    As Critic said, it has a full single-player game all to itself, and it expands nicely on what you were able to do in AC2. Once you get the hang of combat, doing chain-kills and taking down a legion of 20 guards all in one hit each looks so beautiful.

    I haven't even tried the online play yet because I'm so enthralled with the single-player.
    Same here, single-player is taking up most of my free time right now. Damn you, guild challenges.

    I haven't quite gotten the hang of chain kills, though. My chains getting interrupted by enemy attacks.

    When I'm done with AC and when things have calmed down here a bit, I'm finally going to take the time to play through Demon's Souls (not doing that right now because I don't need more stress in my free time :D ). After that I still have Valkyria Chronicles as well, which I got very cheaply from Amazon (I needed one more item for free shipping eligibility).

    I also still hope that I'll be getting some RB3 hardware before the end of the year.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Der_Lex;4215534 said:
    I haven't quite gotten the hang of chain kills, though. My chains getting interrupted by enemy attacks.

    If I may offer some advice, hammer on the attack button as Ezio is doing a kill animation if there's another target in range. Then hold the Guard button as he goes into the next, and if some other enemy attacks, you just need to hit Attack to break the animation and go into a counter-kill. I practiced with with the sound off to work off of just the visual cues.
  • edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4215543 said:
    If I may offer some advice, hammer on the attack button as Ezio is doing a kill animation if there's another target in range. Then hold the Guard button as he goes into the next, and if some other enemy attacks, you just need to hit Attack to break the animation and go into a counter-kill. I practiced with with the sound off to work off of just the visual cues.

    Yeah, that's pretty much the approach I've been taking. Got lots of practice when I tried (and succeeded ion the end) to get 100% synchronization on the first encounter with the Followers of Romulus (the one in which you're not allowed to take damage).
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Der_Lex;4215554 said:
    Yeah, that's pretty much the approach I've been taking. Got lots of practice when I tried (and succeeded ion the end) to get 100% synchronization on the first encounter with the Followers of Romulus (the one in which you're not allowed to take damage).

    I screwed that one up pretty bad. After that, I spent a lot of time practicing in the VR mode until I got it down. AC2 didn't have that sense of fluidity to it, if I recall. I remember in AC1 and 2 just sitting in defense mode and waiting for the guards to attack so I could counter them. This way is MUCH more fun, I think :D
  • edited December 2010
    kiggidykev;4215557 said:
    I screwed that one up pretty bad. After that, I spent a lot of time practicing in the VR mode until I got it down. AC2 didn't have that sense of fluidity to it, if I recall. I remember in AC1 and 2 just sitting in defense mode and waiting for the guards to attack so I could counter them. This way is MUCH more fun, I think :D

    Yeah, it's way less passive, which is definitely an improvement. AC:B to me is like RB2: a perfect fine-tuning of a great concept. Nothing too new, but all the content is fantastic. The hardest part is deciding what to do first (I think I might give the Copernicus missions a try).

    Speaking of screwing up 100% synchronicity, try doing a relatively long stealth mission in which you should remain undetected, and getting spotted by the LAST SODDING ENEMY in the entire mission.
  • trueguitarist88trueguitarist88 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    The last game i played was Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I was playing this so I can improve my SC skills because I know im getting the first 2 games for either my birthday, or Christmas. I have a feeling I'm probably going to get both of them on Christmas. I was playing the Bank level, but barely got halfway through it before I had to stop.

    Chaos Theory is a prty kewl gaem. 10/10
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I just finished Banjo Kazooie.

    It gets a 13/10 for being made of awesome.
  • madcapmattmadcapmatt Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    The games I've been playing most recently are RB3, COD Black Ops, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, and Red Dead Redemption.
Sign In or Register to comment.