What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    you might also enjoy drakengard 3. From the same guy as the Nier games and technically speaking in the same universe. Although set in medival times.

Its a prequel to drakengard 1, and DG 2 was unrelated to the story so no need to worry about not having played those.
    Havent played ut myself so cant really say much more about it than.that im afraid
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    In Toki Tori 2+, you are a flightless bird. All you can do is move, chirp, and hop. Based on this simple mechanic, you have to solve a bunch of puzzles. Chirping usually brings critters closer, and jumping scares them away, and creatures interact with each other [frogs eat bugs, then burp up a bubble when you jump near them, which allows you to drift upwards for a few seconds; hermit crabs scurry towards / away from you and fall into gaps; lightning bugs scare away ghosts; many more]. Take pictures of every critter and mechanism and win a trophy! How do you take pictures? A certain chirping pattern pulls up your camera. There a 5 chirp patterns in all.

Simple but elegant.

I didn't remember putting it on my wish list, but when it went on sale a few weeks ago I decided to trust myself and buy it. It turns out I only put it only there because of the name of its hidden trophy. SILLY. But the puzzles all seem to be "fair", and the sound design and music are charming (at least for the first few hours, I've since turned the music off). In fact, the charm is wearing off in general. But it was a diverting curiosity for the first 4 hours or so. Half-heartedly recommended, if you can get it for a few bucks.

It feels a bit like a converted Vita game. In face I think the original Toki Tori was on that system.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

It feels a bit like a converted Vita game. In face I think the original Toki Tori was on that system.

The original Toki Tori was on Game Boy Color!
    I always meant to play The Tomorrow Children but the servers have been taken off line and now it's gone forever. So strange to have games left literally unplayable. How many of my games would be impossible to play in a post-apocalyptic world, even if I had access to a generator? Aside from my entire Steam catalog?
  • I finally picked up Persona 5 in the Thanksgiving PSN sale, and unlike Persona 4 it instantly got me hooked. I also picked up Zero Time Dilemma for my vita, since I really enjoyed the previous two and want to know how the story ends.

I also got The Last Day of June in the recent indie flash sale, since it has a soundtrack by Steven Wilson and it seems like a perfect game to play with my girlfriend. We still need to continue playing The Witness together as well, but since that's the only game ever to give her motion sickness if she plays it too long, we're playing that in short sessions.
    Wait, what? Steven Wilson doesn’t hate electronic entertainment anymore?
  • I always meant to play The Tomorrow Children but the servers have been taken off line and now it's gone forever. So strange to have games left literally unplayable. How many of my games would be impossible to play in a post-apocalyptic world, even if I had access to a generator? Aside from my entire Steam catalog?

Lots these days lol
    But I did play it in Beta and afterward. It wasn't really that thrilling. I had high hopes for it but I think when it decided to go free to play was when it started its decent. :( (I'm guessing they had more to add to it..it felt unfinished for the most part)
  • Wait, what? Steven Wilson doesn’t hate electronic entertainment anymore?

He seems to have become a lot less bitter now that he's finally achieved some mainstream success. I'm even considering going to one of his concerts again after getting a bit tired of his on-stage moping during his Porcupine Tree days.

But Last Day of June is inspired by/based on the song Drive Home from The Raven That Refused to Sing, and when the developer approached him about it, Wilson apparently agreed to record some slightly tweaked instrumental versions of some of his songs for the soundtrack. Pretty neat.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    I am psyched that they just announced a third tomb raider game, just hoping for dual handguns this time around. I like the direction they went with rise of the tomb raider and I am hoping for a lot more exploration and a lot less combat from this one.
    edited December 8

I am psyched that they just announced a third tomb raider game

Whoa! Is it 1998 already?!

man that would be awesome if it were. the 90's were good to me. :)

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Sure can’t wait for that new Star Wars movie next year!
    Witticus said:

there's also a new soul calibur, and mega man, gee it seems like companies are running out of idea so they just recycle what they know works.

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Witticus said:

there's also a new soul calibur, and mega man, gee it seems like companies are running out of idea so they just recycle what they know works.

That was more a joke about 1998...
    edited December 11
    ahh, sorry. I don't watch movies much so I missed it. lol
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Overwatch!
    I've only played Overwatch for maybe 2 hours total, I think I was still in the training sessions. Any point in me trying to join in online? Or does my beginner status makes that a terrible idea or literally impossible? Or are you on Xbox?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    Online matchmaking is based on how good you are, so beginner status doesn´t really matter much at all.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

I've only played Overwatch for maybe 2 hours total, I think I was still in the training sessions. Any point in me trying to join in online? Or does my beginner status makes that a terrible idea or literally impossible? Or are you on Xbox?

I'm on PS4. About 7 hours in and I'm feeling pretty comfortable. Felt more welcoming than I expected it to be, after just a few matches I started to get the hang of it.

If you're worried about not letting your team down, you can learn some of the ropes in the free for all deathmatch. Won't help with learning your defensive/support abilities, but it's a good place to learn some combat basics in a real environment.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    I played the first episode of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier last night for a bit.

meh. The first season was easily the best. The QTEs in the first episode of TNF are not challenging so far, and the story seems really forced.

At one point, my character is forced to go to a town at gunpoint by another character, then that other character does something in the town that is REAL bad. Then that other character gets pissed off because my character didn't lie for the other character to cover it up... that other character then lays on a pretty solid guilt trip and I'm like "I just met you and you refused to help me, and kinda sorta kidnapped me and brought me here against my will but get all butthurt because I didn't lie to an angry mob to cover your ass?"

All my "decisions" were in the >10% category for choosing like others. At least I'm somewhat different ...

Like the Walking Dead television show, this material has just run dry for me. I'll still finish it, because it's easy trophies and MAYBE I'll be proven wrong in subsequent episodes, but I put this at the bottom of the list for most of the Telltale offerings