What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• I hope it's better than the last Tomb Raider. I am on PS4 so we had to wait a year longer for the game to come out for us and it was just sort of a disappointing game.
    Guess I expected more from the previous game. I will still definitely buy this one because over all they are still fun games.
    I hope they do your idea Wh1t3kn1te :) that'd be cool for a Tomb Raider game.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    I hear a lot of people saying they didn't like rise of the tomb raider, but I loved it a lot more than the 2013 reboot. I'm not for turning Lara into a murderer and since I could go most of rise without killing anyone it was fun.

in the reboot it just seemed like once she got the grenade launcher she turned into a psychopath with no compassion or empathy, and the hordes and hordes of enemies they launched at you at certain parts of the game made no sense to me. I kept asking myself how did 1000 people get washed up on this supposed deserted island lol
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited March 19
    You know how these things work. People that didn’t like it, probably didn’t go on to play Rise. And that leaves fans, so when they don’t like something, they’re very vocal.

There’s also Amazon review syndrome, the bad reviews are super negative in the begining from people mad at something going wrong, while the people enjoying it aren’t reviewing it, because they’re too busy playing.

Personally I need to find time to play it, so I don’t have an opinion yet, but everyone here knows I’m generally a pretty nice reviewer. (I actually loved Mass Effect Andromeda, so lol)
  • I started playing Sunset Overdrive a few days ago.

I think I'm in love.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Great to be back in Paradise City
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    So, how long is it typically before this sort of remaster gets price slashes to a more reasonable price point to a polished ten-year-old game? I mean they won't be selling this for $40US forever, right? Within, what, 6 months they'll be satisfied they hooked all the rubes they can and they'll cut the price to a more fitting price point for an oldie port?
  • Isn't Call of Duty 4 remastered still at full price?
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Well, I finished the 'latest' installment of The Walking Dead games by Tell Tale - New Frontier. Basically, Season Three of Clementine's story.

Same stuff all the way through, but ONE moment that I came across at almost the end of the last chapter made me legit cry real tears. Voice acting in a particularly gut wrenching scene was superb, and as a father it hit me hard. I don't think everyone would see the same scene, because the game tailors your experience to based on the choices I made, but at the end - after as hard as I tried to save and help everyone - I lost almost everyone.

The dialogue is what got me. Kids dying - and knowing it - and saying goodbye to their dad was a gut punch.

Overall, I like the first season with Lee, Kenny, and Clementine more. This season wasn't really challenging or a lot of fun - even though it's the best looking one produced so far
    I really miss when Telltale created insane puzzle games. Tales from Monkey Island and Sam & Max were incredible. What they're essentially doing now is creating living storybooks, which can be fun, but they just keep taking all the game aspects out of their titles. Basically, I miss puzzles as opposed to QTEs.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Witticus said:

I really miss when Telltale created insane puzzle games. Tales from Monkey Island and Sam & Max were incredible. What they're essentially doing now is creating living storybooks, which can be fun, but they just keep taking all the game aspects out of their titles. Basically, I miss puzzles as opposed to QTEs.

TOTALLY, man - I loved those Sam and Max games. I gotta get my 6 year old to play them
  • Witticus said:

Agree. Haven't touched a telltale game since the Borderlands one.
    I just gave up on them. They all felt identical with just new skins to me after awhile.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    monkey island is still my favorite telltale series
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Just saw an article on theverge about the growth and burnout of Telltale, I think many of you would find it interesting.

So, how long is it typically before this sort of remaster gets price slashes to a more reasonable price point to a polished ten-year-old game? I mean they won't be selling this for $40US forever, right? Within, what, 6 months they'll be satisfied they hooked all the rubes they can and they'll cut the price to a more fitting price point for an oldie port?

It's already been 30 for most of the first week, which is what I got it for, I imagine it'll be 20 or less in a few months.
    EA is usually pretty good at giving steep discounts for their games pretty early on. This mainly has to with the hope you’ll do more micro transactions. Paradise did just top the charts, so its anyone’s guess when you can get it sub 20s.
    Witticus said:

EA is usually pretty good at giving steep discounts for their games pretty early on. This mainly has to with the hope you’ll do more micro transactions. Paradise did just top the charts, so its anyone’s guess when you can get it sub 20s.

Yeah, thankfully there are no microtransactions. Criterion did an excellent job of updating the game in the first 2 years, and I bought it used back then, so I early adopted as a show of support.
  • It's rumored we will see a Modern Warfare 2 remaster..but the remaster is now rumored to exclude the MP?
    Not sure what they were thinking if this turns out true LOL
    I saw a post saying that there WERE microtransactions in the remastered version, and I was totally bummed. But it was an error.

I'm tempted to get the rest of the DLC for the PS3 version. Though it would be pretty crazy to pay the full $20 and then watch the servers get shut down a month later.

I saw a post saying that there WERE microtransactions in the remastered version, and I was totally bummed. But it was an error.

I'm tempted to get the rest of the DLC for the PS3 version. Though it would be pretty crazy to pay the full $20 and then watch the servers get shut down a month later.

I’ll play with you on PS4,how does that sound?
    That does indeed have weight in the decision!
    And then we can play Monopoly

... or "Worms"
    edited March 22
    Looks like I’ll be getting the discount I want after all. A promo on the PS store in North America is granting a 20% dlc discount coupon. Live.playstation.com . Complete quests (watch ads) for coupon, apparently.

Yeah, it annoyed me that it was already heavily discounted on retail disc in its launch week but the digital was always full price. I don’t buy optical media anymore. The only disc I ever have in my PS4 is RB4, and that only because that was the version roadcrew provided, I would have bought digital. Disc swapping is so last decade.

Lesson learned when my ps3 optical drive failed and my machine was rendered downloaded-games-only.
    Thanks for the tip! The video was pretty short, and actually interesting, if you are a baseball fan.
    I completed a few of the other quests, just for fun (I doubt I'll be cashing in those prizes: loot boxes for The Show 18).
    edited March 22
    Just took the plunge, grabbed my 20% coupon and bought Burnout Paradise Remastered as well as my two longest-standing DLC packs I should have bought years ago, The Cars' album and Alice In Chains 01.

Couldn't tell you if the video was interesting. I started it rolling then walked away, came back to claim my prize. Glad there wasn't a quiz.

Looks like I’ll be getting the discount I want after all. A promo on the PS store in North America is granting a 20% dlc discount coupon. Live.playstation.com . Complete quests (watch ads) for coupon, apparently.

Yeah, it annoyed me that it was already heavily discounted on retail disc in its launch week but the digital was always full price. I don’t buy optical media anymore. The only disc I ever have in my PS4 is RB4, and that only because that was the version roadcrew provided, I would have bought digital. Disc swapping is so last decade.

Lesson learned when my ps3 optical drive failed and my machine was rendered downloaded-games-only.

When my PS4 randomly reimaged and wiped its hard drive, I was glad I had physical copies for a lot of stuff. I redownloaded a ton of stuff, but a full Terabyte would have been rough
    Assasin's Creed: Origins
    I love the new Discovery mode. And now I finally started playing the actual game. But I think I broke the trophies by playing the Discovery Mode first. When are the first 2 trophies supposed to pop? About 20-40 minutes in, after beat up a dude and then escape the underground area I start in? Because I haven't been awarded either trophy yet, and I'm about 4 hours in, doing all sorts of stuff in town, and I'm baffled. Surely I'm not STILL in the "prologue". Surely that first area counted as "raiding a tomb". 95% of people that have played the game at all have earned both of those trophies!
    OK I did research and it seems that the "raiding a tomb" trophy is best earned as a side mission from within that first town where you start. A side mission that I haven't run into yet [but there are indeed several "?" markers left to investigate]. So I AM still in the prologue? And 95% of people that have installed the game have played through long enough to complete this part that has taken me 4 hours [and counting]? Maybe I just don't exactly understand how those stats work but it surprises me that there aren't more than 5% of people that have rented / borrowed the game, tried it, gotten bored within 4 hours and returned it. Or maybe it doesn't take most folks more than 1.5 hours, if they rush through and aren't as unskilled as I am? More research needed.

This month I'm working through all of my unearned trophies from games that I've installed that are listed as having been earned by 90%+ of others. In theory each trophy would take no more than 90 minutes to earn, and some of them in much less time than that.
  • Far Cry 5 is excellent. I've cleared one area. Might platinum the game.
    The hunting/fishing challenges will take awhile as that's not really my thing (it's the only trophy I'm worried about. But have most the hunting ones done just shooting at passerby animals)

Fishing will be really long though.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I've finally been playing the puzzle-game Trials Fusion. So far I like it, although the tracks are getting a lot tougher now.
  • Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS

Anyone here into JRPGs?
  • Far Cry 5 is excellent. I've cleared one area. Might platinum the game.
    The hunting/fishing challenges will take awhile as that's not really my thing (it's the only trophy I'm worried about. But have most the hunting ones done just shooting at passerby animals)

Fishing will be really long though.

Wow just realized I'm only 3 or 4 animals away from having them all hunted/skinned. (Not as hard as I thought)
    Fishing will take awhile though..Especially the Hard-ranked fish :#