What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• razor63 said:

razor63 said:

I finished Far Cry 5 earlier. I've only ever previously played some of 3 (and didn't like it), but I did quite enjoy 5. The gameplay is standard Ubisoft sandbox stuff, albeit more streamlined, but it played well enough. The story, and the antagonists specifically were where it's at, and I believed that they believed everything they were saying. Mostly. The voice acting was pretty damn good, the monologues were entertaining, and the ending was pretty solid. It's probably the best sandbox I've played in quite some time.

Yeah it was pretty good. I'd give it a 8/10.
    Replaying it does make it feel really tedious though.
    (did 2 replays plus my one regular play)

Going to end up getting at least "Lost On Mars" (the dlc expansion) eventually.
    Might wait for a big price drop on it though. DLC is always short and sometimes "meh".
    I'll replay it at some point (gotta justify "The Father Edition"), although the DLC reminds me of Saint's Row's DLC, i.e. not worth doing unless very cheap.
    Yeah had the same vibe from it.
    Will definitely wait til it's $5 for lower.
  • edited July 30
    This week there's an event in Battlefield 1: Servers with only WWI accurate weapons allowed, that being bolt action rifles and pistols + class equipment.

I don't know if people don't ever play with those rifles, because there was a match where I was standing on an open field on a dozen enemy killstreak and they just didn't hit me, at one point I was fighting 2 vs 1 and just ignored the second guy because he wasn't even close with his shots lol

I can finally play support class with a rifle. Time to play these servers as if there were no tomorrow!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    @Meat-Popsicle What's your Epic username so I can add you as a friend in the game? I play Save the World on PC and Battle Royale on the Switch.

@Witticus There's actually a playground mode that's in Fortnite now so you can either screw around with friends, make custom challenges in-game, or, if you're a beginner, learn the ins and outs of the building mechanics. If you do give the game more of a try, I suggest changing the controls to Pro Builder. Makes the game much simpler. :)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

@Meat-Popsicle What's your Epic username so I can add you as a friend in the game? I play Save the World on PC and Battle Royale on the Switch.

@Witticus There's actually a playground mode that's in Fortnite now so you can either screw around with friends, make custom challenges in-game, or, if you're a beginner, learn the ins and outs of the building mechanics. If you do give the game more of a try, I suggest changing the controls to Pro Builder. Makes the game much simpler. :)

I wound up buying Save the World on PS4 [it was half price for the past 10 days or so]. Sony refuses to play with others so I'm locked away on an island forever, cut off from PC and Switch. It seemed like a good idea at the time, as the people I was most eager to play with are also on PS4: my nephews! But I think they have been playing baseball most of the summer instead [which is smarter and healthier for sure]. Also I like to collect PS trophies.

I saw that they brought back playground mode, hooray! That should be a great place to practice my fort building, right? I marvel at watching pros in action, building up full towers in seconds, laying down pieces while spinning and hopping. Amazing!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    @kal_el_0724 I’ll definetly give itanother go once early access is over. For now I amway too addicted to Wasteland 2, lol.

Once I’m done with Wasteland 2, I’ll start my series of reviewing games several years after the fact.
    I'd much rather be playing online multiplayer with friends, or even "people I met online and at least tolerate" because the youngsters playing Fortnite can be pretty damn obnoxious (potty mouths! loud, often with infants / pets / parents in the background).

I wound up buying Save the World on PS4 [it was half price for the past 10 days or so]. Sony refuses to play with others so I'm locked away on an island forever, cut off from PC and Switch.
    This was the main reason I didn't put any money into the game during the time I played on PS4. I waited for the details around the Switch release to come out so that I could evaluate what I wanted to do. The moment I found out PS4 restricted cross-play/cross-progression between it and the Switch/Xbox, I knew that I would no longer be playing on the PS4.

I got Save the World on PC so that all of my v-bucks would carry over to Battle Royale on the Switch. And I play Battle Royale on the Switch because I can play it virtually anywhere. :)

@Meat-Popsicle You should be able to have cross-play with PC on the PS4 though. I do recommend that if you play on PC and plan to spend money/gain v-bucks not to link it with your PS4 account as that will prohibit you from playing that account on a Switch or Xbox in the future if either of those options are things that you might be considering. If you don't plan on doing so, then link away! All of your progress you've made on PS4 will carry over and vice-versa! :)

I'd much rather be playing online multiplayer with friends, or even "people I met online and at least tolerate" because the youngsters playing Fortnite can be pretty damn obnoxious (potty mouths! loud, often with infants / pets / parents in the background).

I only play with friends online. It's like reliving the glory days of Halo or Goldeneye. Just this time you get to team up with your friends and screw around.

Playing with randoms can be very hit or miss. Mostly miss like you stated above with the youngsters. I've had some interesting team ups with them. That's me sugar-coating it.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    If meat had an XBox, we could ride around the Old West together getting slaughtered in RDR2 this fall.
  • Nothing like riding a donkey while some dude tries to kill you with a gatling gun.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    My favorite adventure was when some campers with all golden weapons surrounded the spawn point and just kept killing me and my buddy until we had to quit. I did manage to reverse-snipe one of those griefers before we gave up, but there were like 4 or 5 of them so there was no way out and they never got tired of shooting fish in a barrel.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited August 1
    Played through the Nuka-World DLC for Fallout 4. While the ending to it is a bit underwhelming on both an evil and good play-through, the stuff around it is really good. My favorite quest is the Tremors-inspired mission set in the wild west themed part of the park, where you can choose to play along with the park bots and respond to everything in a hilarious fake southern accent

Also digging a lot of the new building objects introduced in it, used some of them to make a vacation pier

Also also, I now want the Andrew W.K. songs from Raider Radio on Rock Band
    There are so few people that I know IRL that even own a PS4, I depend just about completely on the people I have "met" online (mostly here) if I want to avoid the pitfalls of playing with randoms.

On the plus side, when I DO stumble upon a party of strangers that turn out to be actually fun to play with, it's a great surprise, a real bonus. Being the 4th player in a squad that gets matched up with 3 people already that know each other well seems to work out best, but there's no way to arrange for that to happen on purpose.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    I have been playing Spore again. I know a lot of people found that game disappointing, but I find terraforming planets to be super enjoyable
    There were great aspects of spore, just many of the elements clearly didn't get anywhere as much care as others.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    Witticus said:

There were great aspects of spore, just many of the elements clearly didn't get anywhere as much care as others.

I can agree, some stages and feature were really lacking. I pretty much play the game just for the Space Stage
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    ive been slowly playing through games on the snes classic. right now I am about to complete my 10th game. mega man x
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I beat Celeste earlier this week. Damn, that's a good game.
    @Meat-Popsicle I finally got Burnout and I am going to evicerate your scores!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Might as well give a round-up of what I've been playing since Nier:Automata/Dragon Age: Inquisition (again).

I replayed the entire Mass Effect trilogy. I still don't like 1, but I hadn't played it in 4 years, so it wasn't as bad as I remember. 2 was great, and 3 is still my favorite. (ME1: 5/10, ME2/3: 9/10.)

I then played some State of Decay 2, but got bored after 20 hours. I can only "make my own fun" in a sandbox survival thing for so long, and I'm surprised I lasted that long. 5/10.

Next was Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I managed 10 hours before the combat frustrated me to breaking point. I'm not a fan of Star Wars, never have been and probably never will be, but I found the writing in KOTOR to be pretty decent. Not groundbreaking or anything, but better than most early-2000s RPGs were. 4/10.

Then there was Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory (no, that is the actual title). It was okay. As a whole, better written that Cyber Sleuth was (HM is a interwoven side story of sorts to the original CS), and with better characters too, when it's not dredging up the worst ones from CS. However, most of it is aimless (that was the point, but I still don't like it), until the actual story really kicks in, 5 chapters from the end or so. I also don't like being forced to stop the main story to do obligatory side missions just to bad the run time, it really makes the game drag. Overall, I'd say CS was the better experience than HM. 5.5/10.

Finally, I played Dream Daddy yesterday. Why didn't I play this earlier, the humor is great, the art is great, the soundtrack is solid, the writing is pretty good (mostly). Plus it's got all the dads anyone would like to romance. 7.5/10.
  • After unlocking all achievements and medals in Battlefield 1943 and still playing hours beyond that, I realized the weird square around the sight of a tank is the relative position so you can see which part is the front.

I've been alternating the camera every time I drive a tank. Damn, dude.
    i started playing a game called graveyard keeper, its surprisingly addictive.
    I saw that and want to play it, but I’m not big on Early Access
    im playing it on the xbox through the game pass. I didn't realize it was early access
    shadow of the tomb raider launches soon,, ill be busy tonight
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 14
    Bought Spiderman the day before launch and played it. I'm not even through the first Act yet but I find the storyline to be cringey. The gameplay is definitely worth the $60 though.

Oh and bought Human Fall Flat on sale ($6) on Tuesday and already got the platinum in it. It wasn't easy at times...
    just finished shadow of the tomb raider. not a bad game, best part is the gameplay, but the story is interesting enough to keep you going.
  • I got to the Turning Point in The Messenger, which is both a fun and very frustrating game even before that Turning Point (and I thought I had hit the Turning Point earlier, but noooooo....). A lot of fun for old-school gamers, worth the purchase.