What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited September 18
    @Lawdog1521 is back and so I'm finally playing Battlefield 1 and I think I have PTSD now. I tend to scream out loud when there are realistic images and sounds of someone getting killed with a meat cleaver. Also the bass boost in my headphones makes cannon fire that much more intimidating. RUN AWAY!

We have also played Borderlands 2 (part of The Handsome Collection). When you shoot people, instead of flying gore, you see damage points displayed numerically over your opponents' head [see also: Fortnite, Destiny]. I still gasp when I get shot but I don't have quite as many restless dreams after I play games like that.

My brain takes video games Very Seriously.
  • I've been bored as of late, just cleaning up loose ends in my steam library, so I decided to play Bioshock: Infinite again this week. It's good. Not great, but good. It's one of the few games where I actually stray from the main path in any way (i.e. finding collectibles like the voxphones), so that's something. It's a solid story, with a decent through thread, a well realized setting, and solid gameplay. 7/10.
  • well I beat the main story of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 last night. The game is great, it is the same old LEGO formula I love, with a really interesting over world
  • @Lawdog1521 is back and so I'm finally playing Battlefield 1 and I think I have PTSD now. I tend to scream out loud when there are realistic images and sounds of someone getting killed with a meat cleaver. Also the bass boost in my headphones makes cannon fire that much more intimidating. RUN AWAY!

The most hardcore melee kill has to be the barbed wire bat (to a prone enemy; it kicks them to turn them around and then smashes them with the bat) or the serrated knife (from the front, going straight to the shoulder). They're very hard to unlock, though.
  • just finished shadow of the tomb raider. not a bad game, best part is the gameplay, but the story is interesting enough to keep you going.

Just started it about half an hour ago! It's not too bad so far. Haven't gotten very far though!
  • Elder Scrolls Online on PS4. ^_^
  • Anyone own "We Sing"? At 80% off, I'm tempted, but not if it needs servers to run / is likely to lose all support soon.
  • I played some PUBG. I guess it's fine now? I didn't experience houses not loading or massive FPS drops, had fun.

Just like Meat, I can't win at fortnite, but I can fight to the top 10 or 5 in this game, for some reason.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    i had a goal to beat graveyard keeper before forza horizon 4 releases, I just beat it today. it was a surprisingly long game, but worth it. now to sit and wait.
  • About 60% of Shadow of the Tomb Raider completed.
    I won't platinum it. Not going after those hundreds of collectibles. I will say the game however is much better than Rise of the Tomb Raider imo.
    I just got the last Challenge Tomb done though, those were fun for the most part.

Still have to beat spiderman (Tomb Raider has me distracted) and I want to get AC: Odyssey too.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    edited September 29
    the collectibles aren't so bad once you find the backpacks and maps. there was really only two tricky ones to get.

the one achievement I am going to struggle with is beating the game on very hard. everything else I should have done shortly. I 100% it about a week ago
  • Just finished the story aspect of Tomb Raider. Not a terrible ending but not great.
    The camera angles got really weird at times...
    There's no way i could beat that last boss on very hard though lol. So definitely not going to platinum it.

Hopping on spiderman next. I might try to platinum that since its not very hard at all.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Spider-Man is...still in its Special Edition box while I'm playing 428: Shibuya Scramble.

428 is a very, very enjoyable VN, like 24 meets Sliding Doors. It has a bizarre charm and sense of humor that appeals to me, and while I don't quite understand why this game got a Famitsu 40 yet, I also expect Spike Chunsoft to have mind-blowing endings that justify this kind of thing. I'm very, very much looking forward to seeing how it all ends.

My only regret is that it's a VN that can only be played on PS4 and PC. I can't guarantee Remote Play on my Vita too much, but it's also the most digestible manner of playing it. I hope they eventually translate the iOS port as well, because I feel like that's where it'll get the most play.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    I just started playing Horizon Zero Dawn, it's absolutely *gorgeous*.

A nice unintentionally amusing moment: Aloy had just tamed ("overridden") her first mount, but at that point I hadn't figured out how to get it to speed up. So, walking along at a frustrating snail's pace, I'm thinking "what's the point in this?", and Aloy says "wow, this is great, so much faster than walking!"
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Been playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for the past 12 days, this being my first AC game since ACIII. I finally finished it yesterday, and it was... good, I guess? Way too much grinding, but the story was solid enough (nothing spectacular, but everything it needed to be), the side quest chains were pretty solid (although I was only doing them to grind), the voice acting was mostly good (apart from one major character been incredibly ridiculous sounding), and I didn't really notice the music all that much either. Combat was solid, assassinating was solid, the naval combat is still terrible, but I liked it, as a whole.
  • Currently playing Red Dead. The voice acting is cringy but otherwise I'm enjoying the game. Not sure why I'm reading people are "bored of it" during CHAPTER ONE. It's the introduction!!! Plus it's not even that bad. It teaches you stuff before you go out in the open. I swear people have very little attention span these days.
    I was a bit surprised to read reviews noting how slowly the game starts but also how amazing it is. Surely there will be lots of people frustrated by "slow". I hadn't read any such frustrations, surprised it's taken this long to hear even secondhand reports.

It's not my kind of game (I don't want to hang out with terrible people) but it's so well made that I'm glad to be trying it out. I think I "need" a 4k TV + PS4 Pro now ...

(no, I don't actually need those things, but this is the first time I've found myself thinking, "I bet this game would look unbelievable on the right system...")
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Does nobody remember the first missions of RDR1 were a bunch of farming missions?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited October 29

Currently playing Red Dead. The voice acting is cringy but otherwise I'm enjoying the game. Not sure why I'm reading people are "bored of it" during CHAPTER ONE. It's the introduction!!! Plus it's not even that bad. It teaches you stuff before you go out in the open. I swear people have very little attention span these days.

Tutorials and tutorial levels should always be optional imo. Especially with games that try to put it in as introduction.
    What's worse than a game forcing you to learn basic mechanics that you'd prefer to find out on your own? One that designs a slow paced story around it to try and hide it making you waste more time on stuff you dont want to do.

I got GTAV to play with friends, start it up and they tell me that I need to do roughly 30minutes of introduction tutorial before I can play online with them.
    I played it for 15 minutes, was explained by the game like i'd never played any game before, have to do things that I would never do in the game ever (racing) and just uninstalled it right then and returned it.

I refuse to sit through an hour of literally nothing before I can do what I bought a game for.
    When the game promises me an open world in which you can freely do pretty much whatever you want, forcing someone to do the opposite of that is not a great way to start your game.

It's like buying tickets to Disneyland but once you enter you're told to sit through "it's a small world" for an hour before they let you go on any other rides
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    RDR2
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Mega Man X4. It was the last one I had left in the series, down to 90 games overall
    Every once in a while, the Humble Bundle will offer deals on Playstation digital games. This is one of those times. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to play these 11 games [10 are new to me], but what a deal

Humble THQ Nordic PlayStation Bundle
    Titan Quest
    This Is the Police
    Black Mirror
    Sine Mora EX
    Lock's Quest
    Battle Chasers: Nightwar
    Red Faction II
    The Dwarves
    Destroy All Humans! 2
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Director's Cut
    Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Has anyone played any of these? SOME are rated really highly on metacritic. Others are noted to be interesting failures.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

Every once in a while, the Humble Bundle will offer deals on Playstation digital games. This is one of those times. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to play these 11 games [10 are new to me], but what a deal

Titan Quest
    This Is the Police
    Black Mirror
    Sine Mora EX
    Lock's Quest
    Red Faction II
    The Dwarves
    Destroy All Humans! 2

Has anyone played any of these? SOME are rated really highly on metacritic. Others are noted to be interesting failures.

Only Darksiders 1, but I haven't finished. I enjoy it, it's like Zelda and Devil May Cry had a baby.
  • edited November 4

Titan Quest
    This Is the Police
    Black Mirror
    Sine Mora EX
    Lock's Quest
    Red Faction II
    The Dwarves
    Destroy All Humans! 2

"Destroy All Humans! 2" is great! So is "This is the Police," for that matter.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    I enjoyed "Battle Chasers: Nightwar", though it was perhaps a little on the grindy side.
  • Let me know how The Dwarves is. I’ve noticed it on sale quite a bit since it released though.

Thinking about buying The Forest soon. It’s only $20 and online coop survival. Looks fun. Problem is it’s a PC port and most of those run so jittery on PS4.