What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    76 is getting way more hate than it deserves. Is it Fallout 5, no. But it's definitely fun.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    I think its the whole multiplayer thing. I know I didn't get it because of that
  • I am just waiting for them to add private servers... I think it looks fun, but I don't want to play with anyone I don't know.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Literally I've run into a hand full of people in the 20+ hours I've been playing. The map is so big, it's just not common.

Add to that the anti-griefing stuff in place and it's just not an issue.
    its not the people that the issue, its the inability to pause the game.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    People in this game generally aren’t that much of an issue. If you get attacked but don’t want to fight, just don’t hit back and they really can’t hurt you much. This is also the first Bethesda game I haven’t tried to stored everything ever. Private space is limited, so you can have containers people can break into, so its interesting deciding what to carry and far more strategic.

Its different, but I’m really enjoying it compared to other games of this type.

Enemies aren’t bullet sponges.

Crafted items require very reasonable components.

Enemy swarms are legitimately terrifying, the most I’ve ever seen on screen for a game like this.

There is a lot to like and some that annoys me. But this weekend alone I spent all day going on insane adventures that felt way more organic and interesting that a mmrpg usually does. It truly is random and spontaneous which I hated in games like Destiny or the Division where the same enemies are always in the same places. Just walking off your campsite can turn into a life or death struggle where you pissed off the mirelurks and then the goddamn ghouls seize the opportunity too...
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Swarms of enemies are indeed terrifying in FO76, partially because aiming is so difficult. Yeah, you can't pause the game, because after all it is a synchronized multiplayer experience, right? But also the game engine just isn't up to the task [it is outdated? it was built to optimize that kind of game play? all that and more?]. This jankiness adds and extra layer of challenge / terror to every encounter. On purpose? Whatever. It "works" for me.

It's just another example of how combat in Destiny stands out as so impressive. Smooth and accurate, or as accurate and your and your controls can make it. The Destiny game itself, it didn't grab me. But there's no denying how well it handled that aspect. Why can't every game do that? Because it's hard! Professionals make it look easy.

Everything else Witt mentions: "I agree". All the people who gave it a bad review / don't love it: I totally understand their arguments too! As it turns out, I enjoy going through the story as interactions with written / recorded audio material: it's plays like an old-school adventure game. Yeah, the landscape feels abandoned, and lonely: but that seems appropriate. I find it plenty weird dealing with "live" (but still pre-programmed and thus limited) characters in other games, but, yeah, that experience is a bit more dynamic in other FO games than here, just running into robots spitting out a truly limited script.

My biggest initial concern with the game was that it would be overrun with griefing, but it's not. Hooray.

tl;dr I rented FO76 for 4 days and liked playing with friends and also enjoyed the creepy lonely experience of playing missions on my own. I figure I'll buy the game, someday, once it gets insultingly cheap, though all my friends will probably have moved on by then. I already have SO MANY barely-played games [anyone remember RDR2?] , I'd feel reckless buying yet another one.
    has anyone here played marvel vs Capcom infinite, if so how is it? ive been thinking about getting it but the demo doesn't seem to do the game justice.
  • has anyone here played marvel vs Capcom infinite, if so how is it? ive been thinking about getting it but the demo doesn't seem to do the game justice.

I have not played it, but from what I heard watching fighting game youtube stuff, is that the actual game play and mechanics are really good, but the production value and roster choices are not good at all

I was a huge fan of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, but I could not get into Infinite since most my favorite characters were cut

has anyone here played marvel vs Capcom infinite, if so how is it? ive been thinking about getting it but the demo doesn't seem to do the game justice.

I have not played it, but from what I heard watching fighting game youtube stuff, is that the actual game play and mechanics are really good, but the production value and roster choices are not good at all

I was a huge fan of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, but I could not get into Infinite since most my favorite characters were cut
    yeah, I noticed the roster was smaller, I have a birthday coming up so maybe ill get it as a gift and see how it is. thanks
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    Dragonball FighterZ is what most of the old MvC fanbase seems to have drifted towards. Might want to give that a look.
  • has anyone here played marvel vs Capcom infinite, if so how is it? ive been thinking about getting it but the demo doesn't seem to do the game justice.

It's okay. The roster list though was very disappointing (didn't look it up before I bought).
    jibjqrkl said:

Dragonball FighterZ is what most of the old MvC fanbase seems to have drifted towards. Might want to give that a look.

yeah I looked at that one too, I just had a bad experience with some of the other DBZ fighting games, not sure if this one is improved from the previous versions
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

The demo more or less does it justice, it's the weakest entry since MvsCI

There's some fun to be had from it, but it's too unpolished and lacking for me to reccomend.

2 is still the gold standard, if you have an itch, 3 is available on modern consoles and much better than Infinitite.
    i ended up getting my hero one's justice. its actually really good and I am having a lot of fun with it.
    edited December 7
    oh boy can't wait
    (quite gory content incoming)

Judging by that trailer it looks like the story might involve time travel, which would allow for every mk character ever to appear.
  • jibjqrkl said:

(quite gory content incoming)

Also Epic's new store is now available, with a free game every 2 weeks for at least the entirety of 2019. Subnautica is free right now and super meat boy will be up after that if anyone wants m
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Neat! Though I can't get Subnautica yet, it says coming soon ("free from 12/14 - 12/27")
    my bad, meant that it was gonna be the first one, not the one right now >.<