What were the last video games you played?

24567163

Comments

  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Finished beating Metal Gear Solid 4 (for the third time), still an amazingly awesome game. Now I'll be attempting to enjoy Red Dead Redemption, which after about an hour of gameplay has me less than thrilled with the basic controls.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Finished Brotherhood. Total cliffhanger ending makes me yearn for #3. Deciding on what to play next.
  • ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    dance central!!1
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    There are these two free Doritos games up on Xbox Live now called Harm's Way and Dorito's Crash Course, and both of them are incredibly good and have achievements in them. I highly recommend the downloads.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    Kiggidykev, professional Dorito vendor.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    And eater!
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Harm's Way isn't by Doritos but it's still free and fun! Easy 200/200 too :P

    Crash Course is quite awesome. I've been playing that. Only need a few gold stars and I'm done.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I've been playing the two new doritos games. They're actually quite fun. I've also whipped out my old N64 and started playing Super Mario 64 and Pilot Wings 64. 5 hours into SM64 and I'm already at 65 stars, I've had some good times with this game.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited December 2010
    Harm's Way isn't by Doritos but it's still free and fun! Easy 200/200 too :P

    Crash Course is quite awesome. I've been playing that. Only need a few gold stars and I'm done.

    My bad, I thought they were both Doritos. In hindsight, I suppose it would have been called "Doritos' Harm's Way BY DORITOS" if such were the case. :D
  • StormfoxyhomerStormfoxyhomer Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Rb games, RB3, Rb2 to challage on vocals. And GreenDay just I just can't help myself.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    We're having some friends over tonight to play Scene It? Box Office Smash, so my wife and I played a quick game last night to re-familiarize ourselves with how the game works. Pretty fun. 7/10
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Rockox wrote: »
    We're having some friends over tonight to play Scene It? Box Office Smash, so my wife and I played a quick game last night to re-familiarize ourselves with how the game works. Pretty fun. 7/10

    We have the two board game versions of Scene It? and it got to the point where no one wanted to play with me as I would win every game by a country mile. A lifetime of obsession about films and a ****load of useless film trivia knowledge finally comes in handy!
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited December 2010
    I've been replaying Mass Effect 2. I started out farming resources (a) to get it out of the way and (b) so that I can have a save point I can replay from again later without having to do it again. Holy crap, that's mind-numbingly boring. I've also been replaying Halo: CE and Halo 3.
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Here's a Galaga arcade cabinet Christmas ornament.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Pbateman wrote: »
    We have the two board game versions of Scene It? and it got to the point where no one wanted to play with me as I would win every game by a country mile.

    I know what you mean. I tend to cream the people I play with and it gets a little embarrassing. If it looks like I'm winning too much, I'll often wait a few seconds before answering, thereby giving people more of a chance to answer. The friends we're playing with tonight both have a fairly decent knowledge of movies, so hopefully they'll give me a nice challenge.
    Pbateman wrote: »
    Here's a Galaga arcade cabinet Christmas ornament.

    Very cool. I never was much of a Galaga fan, but I'd trip over my own mother to get that Pac-Man ornament.
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Rockox wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I tend to cream the people I play with and it gets a little embarrassing. If it looks like I'm winning too much, I'll often wait a few seconds before answering, thereby giving people more of a chance to answer. The friends we're playing with tonight both have a fairly decent knowledge of movies, so hopefully they'll give me a nice challenge.

    We ended up getting the Seinfeld one as well so that's a lot more balanced. My wife knows just as much as me about it, if not more. Her sister is pretty hardcore about Seinfeld as well.
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    kiggidykev wrote: »
    My bad, I thought they were both Doritos. In hindsight, I suppose it would have been called "Doritos' Harm's Way BY DORITOS" if such were the case. :D

    Doritos Presents
    A Doritos Production
    Starring Doritos brand corn chips
    Doritos Way: No Harm to Your Digestive Track
    by Doritos
    ...
    DO-REE-TOOOOES!
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Played the new Goldeneye on my friend's Wii. Cool, but not as much fun as the original even with the new abilities. Just wish it was on 360 or PS3, the graphics could have been so much better, not to mention the controls.

    Perfect Dark was even offered as an Xbox Arcade game (which I instantly downloaded) so I don't see why they couldn't have offered the original Goldeneye if they wanted to.
  • edited December 2010
    I've been replaying Mass Effect 2.

    I'm so looking forward to finally playing that on the PS3 in January. And with subsequent releases of MvC3 in February, and Dragon Age 2 in March, the gaming year is off to a fantastic start for me (that new Deus Ex game looks great too, but that has no release date as yet.

    Now back to AC:Brotherhood. I've just finished the 'train 5 recruits up to assassin rank' guild challenge. They grow up so fast *sniff*.
  • edited December 2010
    I've been replaying Mass Effect 2.

    I'm so looking forward to finally playing that on the PS3 in January. And with subsequent releases of MvC3 in February, and Dragon Age 2 in March, the gaming year is off to a fantastic start for me (that new Deus Ex game looks great too, but that has no release date as yet.

    Now back to AC:Brotherhood. I've just finished the 'train 5 recruits up to assassin rank' guild challenge. They grow up so fast *sniff*.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I take back most of what I said after playing more of Red Dead Redemption. The controls ARE a little wacky (horseback gunslinging in particular seems to require a third hand), but just wandering around, shooting people in the face five times before they can even react, becoming death incarnate for all those armadillos and getting rich with poker makes it more than bearable.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    monkeyfish wrote: »
    I take back most of what I said after playing more of Red Dead Redemption. The controls ARE a little wacky (horseback gunslinging in particular seems to require a third hand), but just wandering around, shooting people in the face five times before they can even react, becoming death incarnate for all those armadillos and getting rich with poker makes it more than bearable.

    Once you reach the 3rd dead eye level (In Mexico) you'll be head shooting multiple outlaws at once from a full gallop. :p
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Lawdog1521 wrote: »
    Once you reach the 3rd dead eye level (In Mexico) you'll be head shooting multiple outlaws at once from a full gallop. :p

    I've passed that point, actually, and I'm trying to ween myself from un-aiming, pointing the camera in the general direction of an enemy, and letting auto-aim do all the work. I just crash into trees or fall off cliffs doing this.

    I'm about 70% certain I'll buy the zombie DLC once I finish the main story.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    monkeyfish wrote: »
    I've passed that point, actually, and I'm trying to ween myself from un-aiming, pointing the camera in the general direction of an enemy, and letting auto-aim do all the work. I just crash into trees or fall off cliffs doing this.

    I'm about 70% certain I'll buy the zombie DLC once I finish the main story.

    It's well worth it. They put a lot of work into it and it shows.
  • swet07swet07 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I know i'm kinda late but I'm just getting FF XIII and i'm really enjoying it.
  • Mabel3Mabel3 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I spend most of my time playing L4D2 and Fallout: NV.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Der_Lex wrote: »
    Now back to AC:Brotherhood. I've just finished the 'train 5 recruits up to assassin rank' guild challenge. They grow up so fast *sniff*.

    When you level up all the possible Assassins and then get bored of them like I did, you can always send them on extremely difficult suicide missions one by one to lose them, and then recruit new ones and start the joy over again. I've taken special care now to only save the female citizens so I can have a sexy Assassin Sisterhood.

    As for me, I was digging through a bunch of several year old game magazines related to GTA:IV before its release, so I've started a new game and have just been going around appreciating all the details.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Finished the main storyline of Red Dead Redemption, and my main thought at the ending is: WHAT IS THIS BULL****!? Well, that cover art for the zombie DLC makes more sense now.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2010
    monkeyfish wrote: »
    Finished the main storyline of Red Dead Redemption, and my main thought at the ending is: WHAT IS THIS BULL****!? Well, that cover art for the zombie DLC makes more sense now.

    Did you do the final mission in Blackwater? A lot of people miss that one.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Lawdog1521 wrote: »
    Did you do the final mission in Blackwater? A lot of people miss that one.

    Intriguing, I must have missed it. SPOILERS: once I took control of that kid, I rode around for a few minutes, wondered why the environment was still the same twenty years later, and turned the game off. I had troubles seeing the new white-text letters on the map all the time, must have been why I missed it.

    MORE SPOILERS: still, though. I could have beat those guys. Dynamite out the window, snipe them from the roof, set them on fire, ANYTHING would have made more sense. :(
24567163
Sign In or Register to comment.