12/14/10 DLC Discussion - Billy Joel Megapack

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited December 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4215402 said:
Hey gang,

As announced a few weeks ago, and confirmed with specific dates and pricing now for your enjoyment, next week we'll be seeing DLC from the Piano Man himself, Billy Joel! "We Didn't Start The Fire" and "You May Be Right" join the 10 previously announced tracks to round out this killer 12 pack.

But don't take it from me! Here's what the man himself had to say about the pack:

"The addition of the keyboard made me interested in bringing my music to Rock Band," said Billy Joel. "The game introduces music to an enthusiastic audience in a powerful way, and now also helps players get a grasp on the fundamentals of the keyboard."

There you have it! Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 14):

· “Big Shot” X
· “Captain Jack”
· “It’s Still Rock and Roll To Me”
· “Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)” X
· “Only the Good Die Young” X
· “Piano Man”
· “Pressure”
· “Say Goodbye to Hollywood”
· “The Entertainer”
· “The Stranger”
· “We Didn’t Start the Fire”
· “You May Be Right”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Dec. 15)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Billy Joel The Hits: Rock Band Edition” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1,600 Microsoft Points, 2,000 Wii Points) for Billy Joel The Hits: Rock Band Edition

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

*Available on-disc, via download and disc export. Internet connection and export key purchase required. Wii has more than 1,500 song tracks available for purchase on the Rock Band platform on-disc, via song import, and download. Not applicable to Nintendo DS™.

I may be crazy, but it just may be the Billy Joel DLC you're looking for.

Comments

• nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    They should have called it "Billy Joel The Hits: Screw that critic who shuddered at the thought of Billy Joel in Rock Band Edition"

Oh yeah, buying every track for sure. Fantastic release, HMX, thank you.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited December 2010
    6 song purchases at least, with a possible full pack purchase. Good choices for the final 2 songs.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited December 2010
    Odin Force;4218262 said:
    Getting it all. There's a few I like *less* (wish we had My Life, Scenes, I Go to Extremes, even Uptown Girl) and I have high hopes for more Billy Joel in the future, but this is perfectly fine by me! Thank you HMX!

Your high hopes will be answered then, because in the initial announcement of Billy Joel coming to Rock Band, it was mentioned that two packs would be released. :D
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Between this and the Evanescence song hitting RBN, that's a pretty damn good week.

I'm really glad "The Longest Time" wasn't included in this pack. I love the song, but I'm not interested in having it in RB. Then again, I pretty much hate "We Didn't Start the Fire."
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Congratulation to Billy Joel for making it to Rock Band.

Although I outright refuse to have anything to do with "We Didn't Start the Fire". What a stupid song. Heck, even Billy thinks so.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited December 2010
    This is going to shrink the balance in my PSN account. I have to get the whole pack.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Very cool. I'm planning on cherry-picking a few of my favorites, probably 5 songs or so.
    I think I'll hold off for a little while before doing so, tho. As a PS3 player, I'd really like the keyboard audio glitch to be addressed before I buy tracks I'm gonna want to play on pro keys.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Full Pack purchase. It would've been regardless, but the last two tracks are certainly a nice cherry on top! The harmonies on "We Didn't Start the Fire"...eff yes.
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Okay seriously. PS3 only gets 5 RBN songs a week and 3 of them are by the same ****ing band? I haven't even heard of the band, maybe I will end up loving them, but even if so, this is still ******ed.
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Geez, Billy, how much money have I already thrown at you during my lifetime?! Well, here's 20 bucks more coming your way. Mucho thanks to you and HMX!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Great pack, but no Uptown Girl for parties is a major disappointment. Just imagine Roy Orbinson 01 wouldn't include Pretty Woman... :(
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Besides the RBN on PS3 being a slap in the face, I'll probably buy the entirety of Mr. Joel.
  • metalgod22metalgod22 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Only the good die young, best Damn Billy Joel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jporta2jporta2 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    The spring sees a 6 pack, as previously reported... I will predict right now what those 6 songs will be: Angry Young Man, My Life, Uptown Girl, I Go To Extremes, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, and The Longest Time.. what do you all think?
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    nicko68;4218265 said:
    They should have called it "Billy Joel The Hits: Screw that critic who shuddered at the thought of Billy Joel in Rock Band Edition".
    Or maybe "Billy Joel The Hits: Neener Neener to the Critic Edition"...
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Wolfbeckett;4218276 said:
    Okay seriously. PS3 only gets 5 RBN songs a week and 3 of them are by the same ****ing band? I haven't even heard of the band, maybe I will end up loving them, but even if so, this is still ******ed.
    It's the first time we've seen it work out this way, but apparently there are benefits to being the t-mobile artist of the month. I'm more interested in the fact that one of the songs is porting to the PS3 after 4 weeks, slightly less than the 30 day exclusivity window...
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Some interesting omissions (My Life, Uptown Girl), but still an epic pack. Will get 8 out of 12. Thanks HMX!
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    HairyMan;4218267 said:
    Your high hopes will be answered then, because in the initial announcement of Billy Joel coming to Rock Band, it was mentioned that two packs would be released. :D

It mentioned a Piano Challenge Pack, which I think is more likely be comprised of multiple artists, including Billy Joel. However, I suppose it could go either way.
  • carp24000carp24000 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Buying it all...Great freaking pack!!

I bet the Piano Challenge pack will have half Elton John, Half Billy Joel. The reasoning is because they toured for several years together, and the show was called "Piano Challenge" for a while.

My guess:
    Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
    My Life
    Tiny Dancer
    Thats why They Call it the Blues
    1 more Billy song
    1 more Elton song.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2010
    Win pack is WIN!

Getting everything.

Pressure is going to KILL on keys!
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Definitely will be getting "We Didn't Start the Fire." Maybe get one or two others. Not a huge Billy Joel fan, but I'm glad there's a couple songs here that will be worth adding.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    carp24000;4218296 said:
    Buying it all...Great freaking pack!!

I bet the Piano Challenge pack will have half Elton John, Half Billy Joel. The reasoning is because they toured for several years together, and the show was called "Piano Challenge" for a while.

My guess:
    Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
    My Life
    Tiny Dancer
    Thats why They Call it the Blues
    1 more Billy song
    1 more Elton song.
    Upon recalling this, I seem to remember it saying there were 6 Billy Joel songs. Do you think the other 6 could be Elton?
  • carp24000carp24000 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Odin Force;4218302 said:
    Upon recalling this, I seem to remember it saying there were 6 Billy Joel songs. Do you think the other 6 could be Elton?

Hmmm...one could only hope. The more Elton and Billy, the merrier!!!
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Would love to see "My Life" in the future, but this is an awesome pack right here. For the eighth week in a row, I'm buying everything!
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    jporta2;4218287 said:
    The spring sees a 6 pack, as previously reported... I will predict right now what those 6 songs will be: Angry Young Man, My Life, Uptown Girl, I Go To Extremes, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, and The Longest Time.. what do you all think?

As long as we get "My Life" and "Uptown Girl" in the next go-around, everything else is gravy. I'm really bummed those tunes aren't in this pack. If they were, I'd buy the whole thing. As it stands, I'll prolly just be cherry-picking.
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4218298 said:
    Pressure is going to KILL on keys!

I'm the most excited for "Pressure." What an awesome tune.
  • alex_rbalex_rb Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I'm getting "Piano Man" and "Only the Good Die Young". Great pack!
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I'll get "It’s Still Rock and Roll To Me", “Only the Good Die Young”, “You May Be Right” and maybe "The Stranger".
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited December 2010
    So will the tracks be from the greatest hit CD or will they all have individual album art from where they came from?
  • croatoanmartyrcroatoanmartyr Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    oh my god dude. its cool that we are hitting queen and billy joel it really is but what ever happened to all of the good stuff. cnt we throw in some more good well known music instead of these few crappy songs from otep and all that remains. throw in some more system of a down or some stone sour or something modern that people actualy like. cant we do some billy joel and stil get some modern stuff to. come on guys things are starting to look a little halfa**ed
  • CHampDudeCHampDude Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Yes! Big Shot and We Didn't Start the Fire are my favourite Joel tracks :D Definitely a great pack