when will there be more "metalcore" songs in the network?

heylookitsdrewheylookitsdrew Unsigned
edited December 2010 in The Rock Band Network
the title pretty much says it all hah. but yea, when will there be more metalcore songs in RBN? they'd be fun for every instrument and i dont see why there arent many in the network.

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2010
    Did you get "Smokahontas"? Awesome track. Also check out the Of Mice and Men track that just came out recently plus Kittie just came out yesterday I think :D

As far as stuff that's coming out, you've got another Attack Attack! song on the way plus Blessthefall and The Word Alive.
  • RBB3ASTRBB3AST Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Hopefully never
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    heylookitsdrew;4216246 said:
    ...there arent many in the network.
    I don't think you looked hard enough.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2010
    I get confused on the sub sub genres.

What bands are considered metalcore (as an example), and what's the difference betwen this and hardcore?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    There's 26 songs listed as metalcore right now, though genres are a messy fiddly thing so you may think there's a few more or less. That's out of 149 Metal songs in RBN. Whether that's too much or not enough is a matter of taste.

Officially, metalcore is a merging of hardcore punk and heavy metal, almost necessarily with breakdowns. Modern takes on it are more melodic than the really early stuff- compare Earth Crisis to The Devil Wears Prada.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Any word on when Smokahontus might be coming to the Wii? Great song.
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    kingtonyx;4216299 said:
    Did you get "Smokahontas"? Awesome track. Also check out the Of Mice and Men track that just came out recently plus Kittie just came out yesterday I think :D

As far as stuff that's coming out, you've got another Attack Attack! song on the way plus Blessthefall and The Word Alive.
    What Blessthefall song is coming?
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    TKS;4217664 said:
    What Blessthefall song is coming?

"Hey Baby, Here's That Song You Wanted"