What is this for?

RockBand97RockBand97 Banned
edited December 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I don't know why they make Rock Band Network, if you have the Music Store, can you explain it?

Comments

  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2010
    Rock band network is a place for the bands to put their music in the game themselves or using authoring groups to do so for them.

    Rock Band Network was also created to help Harmonix with the huge amount of songs they knew they would never have time to work on themselves.

    This way we get more music than ever thought possible.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    These bands sometimes, but not always, are lesser known bands trying to hit it big.
  • RockBand97RockBand97 Banned
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4216727 said:
    Rock band network is a place for the bands to put their music in the game themselves or using authoring groups to do so for them.
    Isn't that the same thing as Music Store?
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4216727 said:
    Rock Band Network was also created to help Harmonix with the huge amount of songs they knew they would never have time to work on themselves.
    How?
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4216727 said:
    This way we get more music than ever thought possible.
    From other bands?.... maybe.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    RockBand97;4216801 said:
    Isn't that the same thing as Music Store?

    Nope. The Music Store is Harmonix's place, and what songs show up there are dictated more by other factors, such as profitability, label relations, and so forth. The Rock Band Network is an outlet for bands that would otherwise be skipped over by the Music Store system so that they too can have their songs in Rock Band.
    RockBand97;4216801 said:
    How?

    The Rock Band Network takes work off Harmonix. While there's still plenty of work they have to do to get and keep the Rock Band Network running, the amount is less than what it would take to release the 715+ songs that RBN authors have put out. There are, after all, millions of rock bands out there, more than Harmonix could author.
    RockBand97;4216801 said:
    From other bands?.... maybe.

    We get more music from more bands in more genres. Having the Rock Band Network allows for more of everything.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    All Rock Band Network songs are not charted by Harmonix, but rather an authoring group. Authoring groups (such as ThatAuthoringGroup, above) approach mostly lesser known, not as mainstream bands wanting their music in the game. If they agree, they then make up the full band chart and submit it for peer review, and if it passes, Harmonix puts it into the game.

    It's basically a way for these lesser known bands to get their music out there, and increase their fanbase and profits.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Evolus;4216819 said:
    It's basically a way for these lesser known bands to get their music out there, and increase their fanbase and profits.

    Not to mention lots more great songs for Rock Band players! :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2010
    Evolus;4216819 said:

    It's basically a way for these lesser known bands to get their music out there, and increase their fanbase and profits.
    I think we're going to change that perception in 2011 ;)
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Evolus;4216819 said:
    It's basically a way for these lesser known bands to get their music out there, and watch everybody go buy Drowning Pool instead.
    /fixed. ;)
  • ASPRonASPRon Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Its a great place to find some new awesome music like from the poster guy above me ^
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    It's a great place to buy songs with awesome drum solos that aren't pro charted like from the guy above me ^

    (I keed, I keed.)
  • RockBand97RockBand97 Banned
    edited December 2010
    So, is like a Fan Music Store? And how can i made those charts?
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    RockBand97;4217088 said:
    So, is like a Fan Music Store? And how can i made those charts?

    Nope; it's not as if you can just chart anybody's stuff. You need to have the original track stems for the songs, and you need the rights to them: in other words, they need to be your tracks, or you need the permission of the rights-holder to use them. This is where you go for information about learning how: http://creators.rockband.com/
  • RockBand97RockBand97 Banned
    edited December 2010
    jawillroy;4217125 said:
    Nope; it's not as if you can just chart anybody's stuff. You need to have the original track stems for the songs, and you need the rights to them: in other words, they need to be your tracks, or you need the permission of the rights-holder to use them. This is where you go for information about learning how: http://creators.rockband.com/

    Wow! Interesting.....
  • RockBand97RockBand97 Banned
    edited December 2010
    jawillroy;4217125 said:
    Nope; it's not as if you can just chart anybody's stuff. You need to have the original track stems for the songs, and you need the rights to them: in other words, they need to be your tracks, or you need the permission of the rights-holder to use them. This is where you go for information about learning how: http://creators.rockband.com/

    Wow! Interesting.....
Sign In or Register to comment.