Here's how I view the future of TB:RB

nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
edited December 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
It's been 360 days since HMX has done anything that relates to TB:RB (Rubber Soul album release). Since then, the most it's been referenced is to say it will not be exported to RB3.

With it's wide gap of absolutely no press release announcing the game's future, many people believe the game is dead. If HMX really cared any more, they would have given us something by now.

Well, if you remember those days, when RB:Unplugged was forgotten and discontinued DLC, they made a pretty direct statement that was pretty close to their most recent DLC release.

This is how I see the game's future:

HMX realizes that Beatles DLC is "very highly" requested. If they were never going to release any more DLC and they knew it, they would have made an announcement way long ago.

Maybe we will never get any more DLC, but it might not be HMX's fault; it might be Apple Corps's. HMX might be in tight negotiations on which songs they could use, but I'm sure Apple is strict on which songs they want floating around on a video game. They're floating on a bunch of other negotiations as well (recent addition to iTunes).

So, while we all go tugging on all the forum mods to go get us more DLC, they might possibly be in the UK talking to a represenative who might be offering to give us the full Revolver album. :)

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    nascarfan19;4219320 said:

Maybe we will never get any more DLC, but it might not be HMX's fault; it might be Apple Corps's.
    Umm...isn't this kinda obvious. Of course it's not HMX's fault. If they could have it their way, we would hve every Beatles songs by now. If they could have it their way, the game would have exported. If they could have it their way, we would have gotten Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and Prince in the game by now. But that obviously isn't possible because of monetary limitations or record company restrictions. We clearly haven't gotten any more because either HMX couldn't afford to license and release more Beatles music, or because Apple wasn't willing to give them any more. It's not like HMX said, "we have the rights to any Beatles song we want and the resources available to make more DLC, but we still aren't going to." That's just not the case.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    nascarfan19;4219320 said:
    It's been 360 days since HMX has done anything that relates to TB:RB (Rubber Soul album release).

Wrong. They released All You Need Is Love for the PS3 in March.
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    If they were going to stop they would have told us. Just like they have with RB1, RB2, and RB Unplugged. They left none of those open ended why would they eave this one. Have patiance guys.
  • Flame95Flame95 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Oh god are people still going on about Beatles DLC? Look folks, I love the Beatles more than any other band but I'm sad to say the time is up.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    gamegyro56;4219480 said:
    Wrong. They released All You Need Is Love for the PS3 in March.
    Absolutely does not count, that track was finished in September when it was released for the 360, all they had to was wait 6 months and submit it to Nintendo and Sony which takes like 5 minutes, so in the past year they've taken 5 minutes to think about Beatles RB.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    (Deleting Double Post)
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited December 2010
    The fact is that there isn't a future for The Beatles Rock Band. It is done and finished for everyone to enjoy forever, not to be dragged out and milked for years hopelessly.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    MrMet2087;4228005 said:
    (Deleting Double Post)

Yes it absolutely does count. Though it isn't up to most of our standards, it still is something by the definition of "thing." Even if it took 5 minutes (which it might not have), it's still something. The quote was "It's been 360 days since [Harmonix] has done anything that relates to [The Beatles: Rock Band]." Releasing 13 songs is SOMETHING. I agree that it's not releasing new songs that previously were not on any console, but nascarfan didn't say "360 days since HMX released NEW songs for TB:RB" he said "anything," and the release of 13 songs on consoles that did not have those songs is, in fact, something.
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    There's not gonna be beatles DLC in the near future. They haven't said there will be no more yet. There's still a bit of a chance but more DLC threads won't help and its the same thing. Someone discuesss about it and everyone goes there won't be any at all or there won't be any right now. The other RB games there will be no DLC. TBRB theres still a chance.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    There will be some TB:RB DLC next year.. i can feel it!
  • ScravenScraven Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I think we all (Myself included) who bought beatles RB got sucked into a stand alone game that is just that. A stand alone game and with the Relese of RB3 there will be no more DLC for it. HMX didn't learn from the mistakes GH made with Aerosmith, Van-halen etc and how they sold/were supported and neither did we as a consumer.

I very much enjoy the beatles music and always have but I think the licensing issues forced HMX not to allow the game to be exported. The people that own the rights to the music/likeness wouldn't allow hmx to export the game.

With that said, I haven't touched my beatles RB in close to 7 months only because I would rather play RB2 & now RB3 where I can access all my music in one place.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Guys, the game is still playable. Stop being pests. There's 80-something songs and that's more than any other band ever has or will get on a music game.

But anyway, I have a good feeling they will release Revolver and White Album soon. Keep checking for those announcements!*

*No, not really.

In the meantime I'll just have to learn all the songs on real instruments.
  • phroxenphyrephroxenphyre Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    TB:RB is a novelty item, and an expensive one at that. I've played it maybe three times since buying it that first week. For a drummer like me, it had no appeal other than the fact that it had Beatles songs. There weren't any real improvements to the gameplay that made it more entertaining (harmonies don't matter to me). I imagine I am not alone and the market just isn't big enough to warrant dumping any more money into the game. Just my two cents.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    ... which is why I'm now wishing they'd waited until after RB3 came out to release this game. :( (But then, what would I have gotten my sister and brother-in-law for their wedding/Christmas present last year?)