PS3 owner looking for RBN recommendations...

Zoodles95Zoodles95 Unsigned
edited April 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hi All,

The only RBN track I have is from The Tragically Hip which is a very popular band here in Canada.

What are the recommended ones?

Comments

• mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Flogging Molly, Steve Vai, All That Remains, Complexity of Light
  • Zoodles95Zoodles95 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Wow...

Thanks for that. Other than Steve Vai and Testament I am not familiar with pretty much any of the bands/artists. I see Andy Timmons on there who I believe was the guitarist for Danger Danger.

I will check those artists out along with the Bang Camero (they remind me of Def Leppard).

Much appreciated. :)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    You probably recognize the three Third Eye Blind tracks (you just don't know them by name). Definitely check those out. My favorite song available on PS3 is probably "Wake Up" by Me Talk Pretty. Not sure what to recommend since I have a 360; I don't keep track of RBN songs available on PS3.
  • DroosiesDroosies Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I just got Ronald Jenkee's Guitar Sound. That was a pretty fun song to play on guitar. I'd highly recommend it. And at over 8 minutes long, you're getting a great value.

Now if we can only get Can Friscia's "Epic Symphony", I'd be in heaven.
  • edited December 2010
    My personal top 5 of the RBN tracks released on the PS3 so far (in no particular order):

Scale The Summit - The Great Plains
    Quartered - Africa
    Children of Nova - The Complexity of Light
    Umphrey's McGee - 1348
    Amberian Dawn - Lionheart
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I've been on a DLC freeze since console exclusitivity for RB became a possibility, but here are my favorite from before the announcement that Viacom was selling Harmonix:

Children of Nova - The Complexity of Light
    Dappled Cities - The Price
    Clutch - The Mob Goes Wild
    Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - Step Up (I'm On It)
  • j1mmypj1mmyp Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Uncivilized by Texas in July is by far the most fun song overall out of all the ones ive played and I think I have like 100 of them. Unless your a singer of course
  • Pearl WhitePearl White Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I normally visit this site and preview all the RBN stuff for PS3 there

http://dlcquickplay.com/

If wasn't for sites like this that show the charts/song then i probably would not have been able to judge what RBN DLC i like and my dlc purchases would have been lot less.

:)
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I can't speak to gameplay, but on the strength of the songs I'd suggest you check out Sequestered In Memphis by The Hold Steady, Energy by Apples In Stereo, and everything Rev. Horton Heat's put up. And maybe the Of Montreal tune.

There's a bunch more stuff I'd love to recommend, but it's stuck on the Xbox and doesn't sell enough for it to get ported over. cough cough. request my songs!
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I can't speak to gameplay, but on the strength of the songs I'd suggest you check out Sequestered In Memphis by The Hold Steady, Energy by Apples In Stereo, and everything Rev. Horton Heat's put up. Oh, and maybe the Of Montreal cut.

There's a bunch more stuff I'd love to recommend, but it's stuck on the Xbox and doesn't sell enough for it to get ported over.:rolleyes: cough cough .request my songs
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited April 2011
    Anything more from what was released over the past four and a half months? I'll check each of these out, since the only RBN songs I have are from big-name bands (and I generally am hesitant to buy songs with which I'm not already familiar). Guitar (/bass) is my main instrument, I don't especially like metal (and I certainly don't like charts that are LOLWUT difficult - optimal difficulty for me is around 3-5 dots). Straight-up rock is my top style per this website; classic rock is great, too, but I'm sure anything on RBN is relatively recent in origin.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, and Sonata Arctica all have fun songs to play and are available in RBN. Well that and some of the stuff previously mentioned.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 2011
    I have all but maybe 10 of the RBN tracks for the ps3.. and i can say the best genres are Punk, Rock, Indie, and Alternative.
    Some of the metal isn't bad.. it's just they all are screamo basically.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited April 2011
    Dangimarocker;4372324 said:

Some of the metal isn't bad.. it's just they all are screamo basically.

Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Amberian Dawn, and Sonata Arctica aren't "screamo". Metal and "screamo" are different styles of rock music.