Your Rock Band Epic Fail of the week

AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
edited July 2013 in Rock Band
When seeing the 'Your Rock Band Victory for the week', I thought I would do the opposite of that since I failed pretty epically on an FC attempt. So, post your Rock Band epic fails here.

Pretty much, I was playing 'Oye Mi Amor' on Expert Bass and I nailed every note except the last note. It's pretty funny looking back on it though.

Comments

• TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited December 2010
    Another epic choke - Midlife Crisis Expert Bass. I then FC it on my extra characters profile.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited December 2010
    I went and decided to give vocals a try. I figured I could put this on hard and easily hit everything. That was when I discovered that I have the vocal range of a bass-drum and could only hit songs where the vocalist stayed in pretty much one pitch the entire time. (Thank you David Byrne and David Bowie). Even on Easy I was BARELY getting 3 stars. lol.
  • IcemageIcemage Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    My Rock Band Epic Fail for the week so far is downloading the entire Billy Joel pack and not even bothering to turn on Rock Band 3 because not even one of my favorite artists in the world makes me want to play RB3 instead of one of my other games. :(
    edited December 2010
    HairyMan;4224335 said:
    I went and decided to give vocals a try. I figured I could put this on hard and easily hit everything. That was when I discovered that I have the vocal range of a bass-drum and could only hit songs where the vocalist stayed in pretty much one pitch the entire time. (Thank you David Byrne and David Bowie). Even on Easy I was BARELY getting 3 stars. lol.
    You think that's bad? I missed one lousy tambourine hit in Free Bird and got rewarded with that sarcastic backhanded consolation compliment, "Strong". Automatic sensitivity sucks, I have to whack the living s*** out of the mic to get it to respond.

I'm thinking about doing that e-cowbell mod Doc_SoCal had somewhere. That oughta send a loud enough signal to get it to trigger, and would put the fun back in these sections. But, that requires the vox box mod he also came up with, which Harmonies makes obsolete. I'll have to make it a Solo Lead Vox Box by removing the extra inputs.
  • edited December 2010
    Same as last week, Llama... Dammit

:P
  • Pearl WhitePearl White Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    My fail for any and most weeks so far on RB3 is trying to activate overdrive on vocals :(
  • dj wazzydj wazzy Rising Star
    edited December 2010
  • odd-propsodd-props Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    burning down the house on expert pro drums.

I just can't maintain the relentless kick.

this song is under-tiered.
  • KawalimusKawalimus Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Nothing specific to add just yet, just saying that "Choke 50 OD phrases" should be some kind of goal.
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    odd-props;4224623 said:
    burning down the house on expert pro drums.

I just can't maintain the relentless kick.

this song is under-tiered.
    Ha, that was going to be my post. Expert pro-drums. I was doing fine until the outro with all the crazy toms. My kick got out of sync and at 98%, crash and burn.
    edited December 2010
    Kawalimus;4224633 said:
    Nothing specific to add just yet, just saying that "Choke 50 OD phrases" should be some kind of goal.
    Or "Blow 50 Unison Phrases". I mean, we have to intentionally choke phrases in Overdrive Tour Challenges to prevent overdrive chaining when the challenge says "Activate as many times as possible". I've lost more spades over overdrive chains preventing new activations than I have botching phrases and not getting enough energy to activate in the first place / choking before in a streak.

The "Save a bandmate 40 times" goal should be renamed "Fail a player out 40 times so you can be the savior".

We need Choke Forgiveness, like Casey Lynch's Streak Guardian in GH:WoR. You get a little meter at the side of your highway that fills up based on your streak. When it fills and you miss a note or Strong a phrase, it empties and gives you the points for that note and counts that note in your final streak. Streak again to fill it again. In addition, -1 on a tambourine section will still be an Awesome for bonus purposes.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Myself on any expert pro keys song beside Need You Tonight.
    edited December 2010
    Pankrazzo;4224698 said:
    Whip It and Rainbow in the Dark, if you use the trainers, should take a minimum of practice.
  • charliesmilecharliesmile Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Pearl White;4224472 said:
    My fail for any and most weeks so far on RB3 is trying to activate overdrive on vocals :(

i've never had this problem.
  • b2trumpetb2trumpet Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Played Piano Man on medium pro-keys. I was like "Hmm. Seems easy. Same things over and over. I'll try expert."
    And it all went down from there.
  • phroxenphyrephroxenphyre Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    For some stupid reason, I can't seem to FC We Will Rock You on expert drums as I invariably hit the rim of my snare at least once.

In fact, I always seem to find a way to mess up even the simplest beats if they repeat for long enough.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited December 2010
    "Bohemian Rhapsody." Still can't quite make it through that middle section. The harmony part I want to sing isn't the one charted for solo vocals, and I haven't yet figured out which one to sing instead.
  • sirreefsirreef Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Bob Marley. I'm going along, singing and then all of a sudden I'm chaining between the background and the forground vocals. Not cool, Rock Band, not cool at all. Turned my amazing reggae performance into a dismal failure shortly after.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Me playing Antibodies on Expert Bass, that end is just relentless.
  • pixelljpixellj Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    bmaninc;4224325 said:
    I went into a retail store that sells electronics expecting to find Rock Band related peripherals. What a fail on my part.

Ditto.
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    GameMaster439;4224827 said:
    Me playing Antibodies on Expert Bass, that end is just relentless.

Yeah, the end makes me fail out quite easily. I really need to improve on the earlier parts of the song if I want to make it through
  • bjordan42bjordan42 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Now that the fun of playing expert pro guitar is over, I'm now trying to get 5 stars on the easy songs on expert. And they are easy; except I keep losing my freaking streak!

"The Hardest Button to Button" was the hardest (Ironic, no? No.). It's the same exact thing throughout the entire song (same chords, except it alternates between arpeggios and chords). And it's not the deviations that trip me up--no, that would be understandable. It's the repetitive parts that kept killing me! Finally 5 starred it, though dreading the day I try for gold. *shivers*

"Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Part 1" is the easiest, since I'm better with chords than jumping between notes. I was able to get the chords spot on after a couple of days. Took a while to 5 star it, though, because with the Mustang my pick keeps getting caught in the strings (which rarely happened if ever when I played my real guitar). I only seem to break my streak a few of times, but those few kept on making me "ALMOST" get 5 stars. Felt very accomplished when I did. Luckily, I only missed one note when I tried it on bass; the bad part, it was the FIRST note. =S

There's plenty more in my arsenal of pro guitar f*** ups. But I'm saving them up for Christmas. :p
  • jacob42jacob42 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I got 2 stars on I Love Rock & Roll because of the solo and because I momentarily forgot how power chords work.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited December 2010
    Pankrazzo;4224698 said:

Lol. Here here! That's the only song I can get a gold star on expert pro-keys on. :p Any other attempt at expert pro-keys = "oh my god I hope he dies soon because he's insulting every pianist on the planet!" :p
  • I8Snow4AuroraI8Snow4Aurora Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I used a Fender Starcaster model guitar to play a set of Megadeth when everyone knows that Dave Mustaine usually uses a Gibson Flying-V model guitar. Although RB3 does not incorporate Gibson guitars, the obvious choice to use for a set of Megadeth would be to use the Jackson KV2T King V. I felt like such a tool! :o
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    a couple days ago I wanted to play online, but none of my friends were online, so i started searching for players (first time doing this), and i got an entire band, so i sat there wondering why the leader wasnt moving on to select songs. after about a minute or so all the other players left except me, thats when i realized i was the leader..... epic failure
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    This weeks epic fail for me wasn't actually my fault, but my stupid GH world tour guitar. During one song I could not hit the orange fret, I was pressing it but it stopped responding for the duration of the song then it started working again.

Then during the next song the start button got stuck so the pause menu kept coming up and going off again!

Hopefully I won't have to put up with this guitar for much longer, roll on 25/12 :)
  • JPS2K5JPS2K5 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    .... Buying RB3 Pro Drums & Cymbals kit to try drums, instead of immediately putting down another 100 euro extra for an ION kit :(
  • banjo78910banjo78910 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I tried to get the "Blue" goal from Green Day rock band, which involves getting a 95-note streak on guitar on "Last Night on Earth". It's a really easy song, so I decided to sing as well using my mic stand, both on expert. Apparently I don't know the words as well as I thought I did, and got distracted from the guitar track and got a 73-note streak on guitar. xD
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Decided to give Llama a try on Drums after a couple warmup songs, but after not playing drums in a few weeks I bumped down to hard. Still failed miserably. Didn't help that I was playing on a GHWT drumset.

That, or only getting 96% on 29 Fingers X drums.