Your Rock Band Epic Fail of the week

Comments

• banjo78910banjo78910 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I tried to get the "Blue" goal from Green Day rock band, which involves getting a 95-note streak on guitar on "Last Night on Earth". It's a really easy song, so I decided to sing as well using my mic stand, both on expert. Apparently I don't know the words as well as I thought I did, and got distracted from the guitar track and got a 73-note streak on guitar. xD
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Decided to give Llama a try on Drums after a couple warmup songs, but after not playing drums in a few weeks I bumped down to hard. Still failed miserably. Didn't help that I was playing on a GHWT drumset.

That, or only getting 96% on 29 Fingers X drums.
  • trimarkk76trimarkk76 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Decided to try singing The Look with Harmony alone.
    Got the double awesome and 5 Stars on Hard.
    I don't sing often (mainly play Pro-Drums), I have only sang about 30-40 songs out of my 1500 on RB3.

And now, The Look is my signature performance. :(
  • S4nG0_59S4nG0_59 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Tried to pro drum my way into 25 or 6 to 4 and completely killed my leg. Fail!
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited December 2010
    I8Snow4Aurora;4225575 said:
    I used a Fender Starcaster model guitar to play a set of Megadeth when everyone knows that Dave Mustaine usually uses a Gibson Flying-V model guitar. Although RB3 does not incorporate Gibson guitars, the obvious choice to use for a set of Megadeth would be to use the Jackson KV2T King V. I felt like such a tool! :o
    Dave Mustaine had Jackson, ESP, and most recently Dean signature models. Any of the Jackson King V's would be close enough to his actual Jackson model.

The sad thing is that they do not have a Jackson Rhoads for "Crazy Train".
    trimarkk76;4225894 said:
    Decided to try singing The Look with Harmony alone.
    Got the double awesome and 5 Stars on Hard.
    I don't sing often (mainly play Pro-Drums), I have only sang about 30-40 songs out of my 1500 on RB3.

And now, The Look is my signature performance. :(
    Similar problem happened to me. SRFC on Low Rider Expert Guitar became my signature performance early on, even though I play more on Bass.
  • slickpittslickpitt Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Epic fail times many followed by a win. For some reason I could not get through "Antibodies" without failing expert guitar. Last part of that song just eats me up. Finally was able to limp through it though!
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited December 2010
    my Copy of RB3 is stuck in my recently bricked PS3.

My fail for the win.
  • batseabatsea Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    JPS2K5;4225677 said:
    .... Buying RB3 Pro Drums & Cymbals kit to try drums, instead of immediately putting down another 100 euro extra for an ION kit :(

I am so sorry for you. Hope you can spring for the ION soon!
  • mitochondriamitochondria Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I got 57% on X pro drums on "Killing Moon". Embarrassing.
  • lilfurballilfurbal Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Hm, I would say getting almost 100% my first time through playing piano man on medium pro keys, then deciding to switch to hard pro keys. Ended up getting 2 stars from 5. Medium doesn't prepare you at all for hard in this song!

I completed the hard song trainers and practiced a bit and now I can get about 3 and a half stars. 87%. It's improvement. :)

Another mistake was thinking I could 5 star Caught in a Mosh on medium pro drums. I hate that song, and found out quickly that I hate playing it too.
  • shrike13shrike13 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Mine was a more general fail. We had our departmental Christmas party at work and I knew there was a 360 there so I took all my instruments, my HDD, and even downloaded the Billy Joel pack specifically for the party. Got to work and set everything up and found there was no network connection so it couldn't connect to Xbox Live to validate my DLC ownership. My 500+ library was reduced to on-disc only.
  • GreenOakGreenOak Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Pearl White;4224472 said:
    My fail for any and most weeks so far on RB3 is trying to activate overdrive on vocals :(

Have you tried blowing sharply into the mike? Usually works for me.
    edited December 2010
    shrike13;4226272 said:
    Mine was a more general fail. We had our departmental Christmas party at work and I knew there was a 360 there so I took all my instruments, my HDD, and even downloaded the Billy Joel pack specifically for the party. Got to work and set everything up and found there was no network connection so it couldn't connect to Xbox Live to validate my DLC ownership. My 500+ library was reduced to on-disc only.

I almost had a similar fail at a recent party. I knew the host had a PS3, however instead of using his PS3 I wanted to just bring mine so I could use my larger music collection. I brought no cables though as I was expecting to just unplug his and plug mine in using his cables. He has a slim PS3, I have the original size. Little did I know that the power cable changed from a regular PC power cable to a small little proprietary thing. So there was no power for my PS3. Lucky there was a PC in the house and the host was willing to turn it off and gank its power cord for use on my PS3 for the party, so all went well.
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Here's another epic fail from me.

While doing one of the Road Challenges where the requirement was 'to activate overdrive when the bar was maxed out', I played In The Meantime and did not get a full overdrive bar for the entire song. I still got four Spades though for points in the song.
    edited December 2010
    Two monstrous fails:

1. 4 stars on Roundabout, Medium Pro Keys. I was stabbing like a blind murderer the whole time. They oughta sell a second monitor so that you can have the note highway and be able to see your hands.

2. 4 stars on Bodhisattva, Expert Guitar.

And a bonus dethroning moment of suck: In my 5 star run of Llama Expert Guitar, I choked the solo.
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited December 2010
    Every Vocal Goal on Expert.
    Every single one.
    BUT I CAN NOT FIVE STAR BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY OR GOOD VIBRATIONS.
    And I can never get 100% on 20th Century Boy because - sorry - that song is obviously ****ing broken. You missed an inaudible "oh!" that is charted to in inaudible pitch. NO 100% FOR YOU.
  • pauwoopauwoo Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Trying to complete all the songs on both hard guitar and bass, stuck on Jerry was a race car driver on both
    edited December 2010
    50th post in this thread SPECIAL:

The boneheads canceled my order for the Classic Rock Track Pack. Even worse, it hasn't dropped in price like the other track packs. Those last two lousy little goals on Bass will remain un-completed.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited December 2010
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4226602 said:
    50th post in this thread SPECIAL:

The boneheads canceled my order for the Classic Rock Track Pack. Even worse, it hasn't dropped in price like the other track packs. Those last two lousy little goals on Bass will remain un-completed.

Do you have to have the track pack? Can't you complete the goal simply by purchasing the related songs as DLC?
  • orioles35orioles35 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Mine has to do with set up. Got my RB3 kit, played it...tough to calibrate, so I messed with that awhile through RB tools. Then realized through freestyle mode that one of my cymbals was double hitting. So I sent that back, MadCatz lost my order, so I had to call and get them to send me a replacement. Got that back in and spent an hour calibrating the hard way...play, adjust, play, adjust.

So I got that resolved, then the "L" bracket kept falling down because it wasn't installed over the little "lip" on the drum kit post. So I changed that and in the process, the bracket/wing nut got stripped. So I got two rip ties, hooked them together and wrapped them around the post and "L" bracket.

Then finally lowered the blue/ride cymbal and raised the green. So I think, at least right now, everything is set up and working correctly after a month and a half with the game.
    edited December 2010
    FujiSkunk;4226606 said:
    Do you have to have the track pack? Can't you complete the goal simply by purchasing the related songs as DLC?
    The goals that are related to songs on that disc:

Bass:

- "Parade Your Snazz" - from "Holiday in Cambodia"
    - "Funk In Public" - from "Funk #49"

Drums:

- "Each Must Know His/Her Part" - from "Closer to the Heart"
    - (California Uber Alles counts toward "Buncha Punks")

Vox:

- "Understand about Competition" (also knocking out "Just Another Band Out of Boston") - from "Peace of Mind"
    - "Pompatus of Love" - from "The Joker"

Disc is $20.

You know what, I'm better off picking up the Mission of Burma and Dead Kennedys packs, "Funk #49", "More Than A Feeling", "Peace of Mind", and "The Joker", for my $20, and have a dollar left over so when I get my Bing rewards I can pick up "Closer to the Heart", "Rock and Roll High School", and "I Fought The Law".

This will give me three more vox goals, one more guitar goal, and the rest of the bass goals. The three songs I'm getting later will provide the remaining drum goals.

The true epic fail is that the game isn't updated with new DLC goals. This seems to be their way of saying "Hey guys, these old legacy DLC songs exist, they're still fun on legacy instruments, come on and buy them instead of the new songs we're breaking our backs to license and put keys and harmonies in". Oh well. At least the Queen Updated pack will count towards two goals that only specify playing Queen DLC.
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Alright, while playing Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One before online with others, I was on a roll with the song until... the guitar strap came undone in the middle of the song. So, I couldn't really pause the game and had to deal with the playing bass while holding up the guitar controller. Not only that, the person playing on Easy Mode Guitar somehow failed the song and I couldn't get 1/4 overdrive I needed to prevent us all from failing. To add further to my pain, the vocalist had a full bar of overdrive that could have been activated on several occasions to save the guitarist. What an epic fail.
  • KawalimusKawalimus Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I played through Oh Yoko! in practice mode and hit a whopping 41% of the notes on expert pro keys. Ugh! I really wish I could do this one since I love the tune. It just absolutely kills my hand.
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    One word: LLAMA

Trying to play through every song on Expert Pro Drums for goals. All you need to do is 3-star all of them to complete the song progress goal. I was 4-starring just about everything in the impossible tier with a couple 5-stars thrown in and then I got to LLAMA. Good God. I have only tried it once but I barely 2-starred it and it's hard to imagine I'll be able to improve on it enough for a 3-star. So that ONE fricking song is keeping me from completing the entire setlist on Expert Pro Drums. Boooo.

I have 5-starred it on vox and bass, so at least it's not a total loss. I have yet to 5-star Beast and the Harlot on any instrument, although I have come very close with both bass and vox.
    edited December 2010
    This damn "Heading to Venus" goal is driving me nuts. Here's the procedure I'm going through:

1. Turn on No-Fail
    2. Start goal
    3. Sit through a long-ass intro, two ****ing verses and two ****ing choruses
    4. Pick up guitar before solo
    5. Play solo
    6. Choke solo as I watch a little note whoosh by my note hitter
    7. Hit "restart song"
    8. Toss guitar down in rage
    9. Go back to 3

Since my hands are sticky, I slathered Vaseline on them and the neck of the guitar. It sorta helped, instead of choking the first zig-zag I choke the second one, then the third. I might just be able to make it.

The fail is on the part of whoever put the achievement in Lego in the first place.
    edited December 2010
    orioles35;4226664 said:

So I got that resolved, then the "L" bracket kept falling down because it wasn't installed over the little "lip" on the drum kit post. So I changed that and in the process, the bracket/wing nut got stripped. So I got two rip ties, hooked them together and wrapped them around the post and "L" bracket.

My cymbals seem to go down on their own and they are attached to the little lip. The pole slides through the bracket and you can't tighten them enough to keep them from sliding through. Poor construction really. I ended up stripping one of the brackets to realize that no matter how tight you make it it's unable to keep the cymbals up. I then just settled with putting black electrical tape around all the brackets to the poles. Now they're all perfectly in place.

This really could have been designed better o,0
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I stille can't make a good gene simmons...somebody get me a formula!
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Another drum failure for me. I realized during my second attempt at Roundabout X Drums that the red-blue section in the middle is all single and double paradiddles. Right after I discovered that, my drum **** the bed and the crowd meter plummets. I haven't gotten through the section yet, even though I can play the pattern. I dunno if I'm rushing the beat or what, but those diddles should not be giving me this much trouble!
    edited December 2010
    I looked through the pictures I took of my characters - or rather of the TV displaying the characters - and realized I'm still not happy with them to some extent. Looks like they're all getting deleted again and re-made, wasting valuable time that could be used practicing Pro Keys.

Why couldn't they just let us change facial features of characters after creation?
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    After many attempts, I've discovered that--aside from the "Come up Screaming" intro--I cannot sing a single line in "In a Big Country" and get anything higher than "messy."

Not...one...single...line....