Your Rock Band Epic Fail of the week

Comments

• TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited January 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4246544 said:
    Or you can suck it up and deal with the fact that you can't get a super-awesome performance 100% of the time. Who do you think is going to judge you?
    I managed to 5-star it the second time.

At this point, I have sucked it up and accepted like 15 lousy (3 or 4-star) performances on Expert Pro Bass. I can expect more 3-star performances on Pro Guitar.
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Missing one note in an overdrive phase in Wheels on Expert Bass, and it was the only note I missed in the song too.

It's not entirely an epic fail though but here's a wierd fact: I have no idea why I'm rated #3 on the Wii leaderboards for that performance O.o;
  • uprkdarkwolfuprkdarkwolf Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Okay, so I just popped The Beatles: Rock Band in the 360... and I'm finding that I can't make out a LOT of the notes after activating Beatlemania. I have NO clue how I'm going to adjust my tv to compensate for that background. :-(

(I needed a break from RB3 temporarily.)
  • tehman237tehman237 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    choking in the drum solo of Manic Depression on an fc run expert guitar, god that solo sucks and the song at that.

But I proceeded to fc Highway Chile and We Care A Lot so it wasn't so bad.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2011
    uprkdarkwolf;4246777 said:
    Okay, so I just popped The Beatles: Rock Band in the 360... and I'm finding that I can't make out a LOT of the notes after activating Beatlemania. I have NO clue how I'm going to adjust my tv to compensate for that background. :-(

(I needed a break from RB3 temporarily.)
    Lower the brightness, or calibrate the colors using a calibration DVD.
    edited January 2011
    100th post in this thread SUPER SPECIAL:

Countless, COUNTLESS, 3 and 4 star runs that were ever so close to that next star, forcing me to replay that song at a later date. The most recent being Get Free on Pro Guitar.
  • uprkdarkwolfuprkdarkwolf Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Bront20;4246851 said:
    Lower the brightness, or calibrate the colors using a calibration DVD.
    The problem was that I already adjusted the tv for RB3 and those wild backgrounds... so there isn't much else I can do for the time being. I'll just work with it for the time being.
  • blastissimo218blastissimo218 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I spent 40 minutes trying to FC 2nd to last lesson in pro key tutorial. It then took me 3 minutes to figure out the fingering for the thumb cross over and 2 tries to FC. T_T
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited January 2011
    Played "Float On" on expert pro drums, with my e-kit and a hi-hat pedal. I suppose four stars isn't exactly an epic fail, but it sure felt like it when I can easily gold-star the song on regular drums. Just when I think I might be getting that two-footed coordination thing down...
  • orioles35orioles35 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Replacement cymbal for double hitting cymbal died completely. And MadCatz is out of replacements until next week.
  • JinomotoJinomoto Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I landed on Bohemian Rhapsody on pro expert drums on a road challenge. To get spades, I had to activate OD with a 4x multiplier. I only had to pull it off twice during the song.

First activation goes all right. Then I screw up every other activations; whether it's because muscle memory hitting green without a 4x multiplier, missing OD phrases and even having my green cymbal drop a note when I hit it for OD on the very last activation opportunity!! What's more frustrating is that I finished the ESL2 on expert drums and the beats on this song are EASY!!! (compared to RB2's impossible songs, at least) Naturally, my ego didn't like it and I got all OD's on the song on my next try.
  • KnottyMarieKnottyMarie Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    This week's Epic Fail goes to RockBand.com for being down this week than it has been up :/
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I had two minus -1 performances on Expert Pro Drums. First one was 'Lazy Eye', from Rock Band 2. I had a random overhit towards the end. My blue cymbal is probably the culprit, but it has done this before. I still haven't been able to fix it completely.

Next one was 'Check Yes Juliet', from LEGO Rock Band. Another overhit, half a second before the last notes, again the blue cymbal.

But still Gold stars and a very nice score on 'Lazy Eye', just short of 400.000.

What's worse was that I almost 5-starred 'Before I Forget' on Expert Pro Drums too. It's one of the five songs that I haven't 5-starred yet and I was so damned close. But now I know for sure that I can get it. I made some really stupid mistakes here and there.

The way things are going, the last song I'll 5-star is 'I Got You (I Feel Good)'. I'm quite sure I'm messing up the kicks, but I've tried everything. It's just embarrassing.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    I got Power Gig rise of the Six String (game only) for my Birthday. I've been playing it this weekend instead of Rock Band. I guess that is a Rock Band Epic Fail. :)

Gameplay isn't so hot, but I like the tracklist, and am beating the story mode for Achievements.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    I have 666 stars on guitar. >___>
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    ^I'd say that's an epic win
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Everybody Wants to Rule The World X Drums. I just spend the whole song in the red.
    edited January 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4251006 said:
    I got Power Gig rise of the Six String (game only) for my Birthday. I've been playing it this weekend instead of Rock Band. I guess that is a Rock Band Epic Fail. :)

Gameplay isn't so hot, but I like the tracklist, and am beating the story mode for Achievements.
    Enjoying the 100-point achievement for a simple FC?
    exploder;4251468 said:
    ^I'd say that's an epic win
    Fail because it implies that there were multiple 2/3/4 star performances to get a 6 as the last digit.

My fail is grinding through basic bass and keys again on my secondary profile just to unlock dresses and skirts.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    For me.... I was playing with 3 of my Online friends and we were FC "Band on the run"...

Just as we got to the end.....

RB3 crashed on all of us at the same time..... Grrrr...

(Note to Harmonix.....FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH RB3....FREAKIN ANNOYING!!! BESIDES THE VOX PROB)
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4251642 said:
    Enjoying the 100-point achievement for a simple FC?

That one isn't as easy as it sounds actually. I have a bunch of fairly easy achievements having beat the story mode (about an hour ago actually). This one is tougher. The game has perfect and good detection of hits. The 100 pt achievement is for fc with only Perfect hits. The timing window for perfect is tiny - I tend to play Rock Band on Expert on guitar (for all but the Hardest songs), and the best I've got on perfect is about 70% - and that is playing on the equivalent of hard/medium (it has 5 levels of skill difficulty).

Think about it as FCing with about half the normal Rock Band Timing Window. It seems like it's worth the 100.

A good hit seems somewhat larger than a Guitar Hero window.
  • angrybananaangrybanana Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Myself on vocals. Some people are just not born to sing, and that includes me =(
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Being kicked out of a band because I pressed red faster than this other guy was pressing green to spam "Rehab." Seriously, he really must like the song.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Fail because it implies that there were multiple 2/3/4 star performances to get a 6 as the last digit.

Both that and the fact that it's the devil's number. :P
  • AeonFrodoAeonFrodo Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    I could not play Caught in a Mosh on Expert Bass for some weird reason today. Usually, I would pass that song with flying colours, but today I barely was alive during most of the song, especially the main riff.
  • coolkrunchcoolkrunch Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Expecting musical bliss from being able to download one of my favorite Paul McCartney songs ever, Maybe I'm Amazed, and happiness ensued, and then BAM! It just ends like that. The ending is cut off. The album version has a fade-out, his concert version has a fine ending, and this one just - if you've played it, you know why Maybe I'm Amazed is an epic failure.
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    thestickmaster;4251768 said:
    Both that and the fact that it's the devil's number. :P

It's actually the numbers of the beast. It and the devil are not one and the same. Iron Maiden's song is accurate.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2011

You do realize that for many folks, that even passing them is not a fail?
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    My fail goes to how I'm viewing the website. Every other link shows lines upon lines of code. A refresh here and there does the job, but it seems to lag.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited January 2011
    Bront20;4253200 said:
    You do realize that for many folks, that even passing them is not a fail?

Fail is relative. Lunch fail doubly so.
  • Incondicional06Incondicional06 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    check this out. after trying very hard to fc free bird on bass; i finally do it and for some reason i miss the last note so i didnt get the bonus points :(