Your Rock Band Epic Fail of the week

Comments

• mofan77mofan77 Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    havent done pro bass past medium, but really everything sucks on Llama, but the drums are just crazy stupid, i have to seriously wonder how accurate the chart is because the "hard" chart seems a lot more realistic than the expert, i used to end every nights playing with an attempt at it, then i realized even though i get better at everything else i still suck exactly the same everytime at that song and it just lowers my morale so quit havent played it in like 3 weeks..SMH
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited April 2013
    mofan77 wrote: »
    but really everything sucks on Llama

As I've said before, pro keys aren't so bad on it, I don't know why people struggles to get 5 stars on Llama pro keys. Maybe because very cokebale literally everywhere? But even so, if you play it often enough, you'll get consistent at it. I haven't never 3 starred drums, but I never really tried either, so I can't speak for that. Basic guitar and bass isn't so hard IMHO compared to alot of other songs on disc. Vocals was easy to 5 stars. In other words, drums and pro bass are probably the hardest thing to 5 stars on it IMHO, but the rest is probably doable if the intrument is your main. I haven't talked about pro guitar because this is the only instrument I have yet to master, so I can't say for sure if this is something ridiculous or not.
  • edited April 2013
    I haven't gotten 5 stars on Llama yet on prokeys. I can get 4 everytime though.

Still haven't gotten 3 on drums.

I enjoy the song musically. Only one of the 3 songs I have by them that isn't crappy (imo of course). And it's fun to play on prokeys.
  • mofan77mofan77 Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    i agree vocally song isnt that hard, but my bigggest issue with Llama on pro drums is the lack of a true beat to me, i know its there but for me it has never clicked, on hard as i said its somewhat there but on Expert it completely disappears for me, and i find that really odd, as there is no other song in my library of 1300 songs I have that problem with. the worst part for me is I'm working on completionist and at about 872 Mil right now those goals are a 6 million or so fans i could really use as i cant do the hall of fame induction until i get it :-(. I find Pro guitar more enjoyable than playing Llama on expert drums and Im not a huge fan of it either.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited April 2013
    mofan77 wrote: »
    i agree vocally song isnt that hard, but my bigggest issue with Llama on pro drums is the lack of a true beat to me, i know its there but for me it has never clicked, on hard as i said its somewhat there but on Expert it completely disappears for me, and i find that really odd, as there is no other song in my library of 1300 songs I have that problem with. the worst part for me is I'm working on completionist and at about 872 Mil right now those goals are a 6 million or so fans i could really use as i cant do the hall of fame induction until i get it :-(. I find Pro guitar more enjoyable than playing Llama on expert drums and Im not a huge fan of it either.

AMEN!!! :D Down with Llama.. I play it and I burst into flames every time! :)
    Always a epic fail, but will try it again on Prokeys...
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited April 2013
    I haven't gotten 5 stars on Llama yet on prokeys. I can get 4 everytime though.

Ditto.
    Still haven't gotten 3 on drums.

Ditto again. I considered it an achievement the other day when I finally managed to eek out two stars on expert pro drums.
  • ahchurro11ahchurro11 Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    Free Bird, X-Guitar. I tried to activate Overdrive during a long chain of notes, screw up that moment, then at the end the Overdrive activate. It is like it was trolling me or something.
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited April 2013
    I'm stuck away from home for a 6-week school, so I can't play any Rock Band. :(
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited April 2013
    NOT_Travis wrote: »
    I'm stuck away from home for a 6-week school, so I can't play any Rock Band. :(

AWWW.. I feel your pain Brother... :(
    edited April 2013
    ahchurro11 wrote: »
    Free Bird, X-Guitar. I tried to activate Overdrive during a long chain of notes, screw up that moment, then at the end the Overdrive activate. It is like it was trolling me or something.

Use pedal, or select button and it won't happen. XD
  • TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited April 2013
    My failure has to be still not getting 5 stars on BATH on Expert Bass despite countless efforts and attempts. It's the last song left of the 83 for the RB3 Expert Song master goal (5 stars on Expert all songs on any instrument), and 1 of 2 (other being Roundabout) for the 5 star all songs on Expert Bass on RB3 goal. It makes me really angry as I try and try but am always getting 4.75-4.9 stars. :(

If anyone has any tips or advice, besides the obvious keep trying/practicing, and ensure optimal overdrives, I'd be more than happy to hear it.
    edited April 2013
    I'd suggest playing with the timing windows for the odd strumming.
    edited April 2013
    I don't really know what you mean? Do you mran practice it at different speeds to get the timing and rhythm right on the main riff? Because that's the part that lets me down, the main chorus is good or at least good enough but the main riff with very fast greens and reds and tellies with on and off strumming and an odd rhythm is where I'm losing most of my points so I guess I just need to practice that part. :(
    edited April 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzMNqnWllbk 1:33

That strumming pattern, I'd suggest playing it a bit off beat, that's what I mean with playing with the timing window, I don't know how I can explain it more precisely. You can only do that if your calibration is perfect or near though.
    edited April 2013
    Heh. I might analyse that later, but the bit you showed me (off beat chorus part) is actually my best bit, it's the main riffs (verses) I struggle at. ;)
    edited April 2013
    Oh well, I suggest (T being thumb and I being index for your strumming hand), T,I,T,I,T T,I,T,I,T T,I,T and so on, probably the best movement you can get IMHO.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited April 2013
    feeling the need to check elisoncruz's youtube channel every tuesday, even though there's no longer new RB3 charts to check out. i can pretend i'm going to view rocksmith charts, but he takes longer to post those anyway so i don't think i can really use that as an excuse.
    edited May 2013
    Just did Veil of Illumination Part II on Expert Guitar, got 2,000 or so points off 5 stars (220,000 or so needed for 5). :(

Rkbdgurl, if you read this, check out Veil of Illumination (both parts). Very fun song, albeit very hard. ;)
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    ...why you never pick anything easy to play?!! Let me guess it's all devil tiers. lol. Ok, I'll take a look. :D
    edited May 2013
    Why would you insist on that? And for the record it's actually not all devil tiers.
    edited May 2013
    lol...what!!! there are plenty of good easy songs out there that are perfectly wonderful to play. But nooooo....you have to pick the hardest songs in RB so my arms fall off. lol. I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm looking at em now. :D

oh...and for the record. they are all devil tiers except the bass part and vox. lol.
    edited May 2013
    All Andromeda songs are fun, and a must for any instrument IMHO.
    edited May 2013
    Way cool. I'll check em out. Thanks for the tip :)
  • StackOverflow0xStackOverflow0x Opening Act
    edited May 2013
    Amazing that after a full year of vocals, a 2-star score on "I Can See For Miles" is still a high score.
    edited May 2013
    This really is a victory any way you look at it, and yet I still feel compelled to post about it here.

Last night I got my newest pro drums gold star, playing Dover's "King George." I then discovered I had bested my previous score by exactly 686 points. That means I had been this close to gold all along, and since over 4,000 points came from the BRE, I probably can't even claim I played the song any better than before.

But hey, gold is gold, improvement is improvement, and that ain't the easiest BRE to pull off. I'll take it!
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited May 2013
    I finally got another guitar so I can play again. I was looking forward to beating my 2011 scores..

unfortunately the 2 year absence of plastic guitar playing as decreased my skill by 2 years as well. I play like how I was playing in 2009 going through the RB2 setlist. Like I can't reliably 5* Painkiller anymore. I can forget about playing all the lolwut songs that I have like TTFaF and Chaotrope now.
    edited May 2013
    oops Ninja'd. This goes to Fuji..

Yeah...you know Fuji, you're describing a victory here. If it's in the song, It's valid...including the BRE.
    IMH0. :)
    edited May 2013
    rkbdgurl wrote: »
    Yeah...you know Fuji, you're describing a victory here. If it's in the song, It's valid...including the BRE.
    IMH0. :)

No argument there, but it still felt like one of those "aw, man!" moments. :)
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Okay, you win. :)