Your Rock Band Epic Fail of the week

Comments

• TheBonobo4TheBonobo4 Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    Rock Band scores is not always fully accurate for star cutoffs. In fact often I have had 7 stars, or 19, or -50.4. Besides that though it is accurate (I think). ;)
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    It's very accurate for pro keys/pro bass anyways. I know it's not for 5 button guitar/bass, and various other instruments, but pro keys/bass/guitar are accurate as far as I can see ;)
    edited May 2013
    Any idea as to why it's not accurate? Some glitch or error?
  • AlternityAlternity Road Warrior
    edited May 2013
    TheBonobo4 wrote: »
    Any idea as to why it's not accurate? Some glitch or error?

I don't know, afaik the website fetches star data from RB's server so they might be wrong too.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited June 2013
    Johnny Cash's "I Got Stripes." Expert pro drums. Before last night I hadn't yet gold-starred this song. Last night I was doing much better than I have ever have, and was on my way to an FC. And then I completely whiff the only cymbal note in the song, which of course is also the very last note.

Oh well. I still got the gold.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited June 2013
    Rainbow in the Dark - expert guitar.....for the Love of God! I just want 3 bleepin' stars. How can I suck so bad at this song?
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited July 2013
    I got 84% on the guitar solo of "Crazy Train" on hard difficulty four more times on Saturday...
    edited July 2013
    Rainbow in the Dark - expert guitar.....for the Love of God! I just want 3 bleepin' stars. How can I suck so bad at this song?
    I know that feel bro. It's incredibly tough. I can 3 star it, but I'll likely never 5 star it. :(
  • MythsOfMetalMythsOfMetal Unsigned
    edited April 10
    Today the downstrum of my Jag completely broke while I was alt-strumming the bass track on The # O' the Beast and I didn't even realize it for about 15 seconds. I just thought I had gotten out of my groove, but at least I eventually figured out the cause. On the bright side the free mic I got can provide some RB gameplay, though I'm not much of a vocalist and I could really go for a blitz mode about now. I won't be buying another guitar controller again until either PDP comes out with a new model, or a must have RB update/DLC gets released.

The controller itself was the best performing RB peripheral I had up until its end. Though I didn't like the slightly too big and slightly too small (for me) frets, and the way they are designed made sliding more of a hassle, compared to the old GH guitars. The strum bar worked fine up until it broke. The controller lasted about 5 months, so that's better than a few of my old GH guitars, though still shy of my average GH2 explorer's 6 month lifespan, and far less than my GH6 guitar's year and some change lifespan.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

I got 84% on the guitar solo of "Crazy Train" on hard difficulty four more times on Saturday...

UPDATE: I did finally get that 85% achievement, eventually. I think the key was realizing that just holding the green fret down during the whole tapping section made it a lot easier to play.
  • The classic "finally nail that difficult solo on whatever song then proceed to choke on the easiest parts". It's more morale draining than just missing the solo for the 100th time.

Specifically looking at megadeth here, screw you Marty.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I played "Main Offender" for the first time in years and totally misjudged how fast the strums were in the first solo. So basically, I strummed twice as fast as I needed to, but still managed to get 100% on the solo (with a ton of extra strums).
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited April 21
    The Boys Are Back In Town, ONE missed note on guitar :anguished:

Sun Hits The Sky bass chart, -3 but still first place.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    It always comes down to that one missed note doesn't it. Don't you hate when that happens?!
  • Missed a note once while playing Free Bird bass last night, and it wasn't even at one of the hard parts.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I have just gotten back on drums after sitting out with a neck problem. I was playing fairly easy songs, so as not to mess up my neck again, until I get used to rockin again after 3 weeks off. So I was making great progress, working my way through a song, and those beautiful gold stars, thinking...don't choke....don't choke. I was so close, I felt sure I was going to nail it. I would have until the "stutter" happened. Ugh...really?! I was sooooo close. It's bad enough that I choke sometimes, or that my legacy drums don't always have the best contact, but to have my fc stolen right out from under me do to a technical problem....well that's just sad. :neutral:
  • rkbdgurl said:

I have just gotten back on drums after sitting out with a neck problem. I was playing fairly easy songs, so as not to mess up my neck again, until I get used to rockin again after 3 weeks off. So I was making great progress, working my way through a song, and those beautiful gold stars, thinking...don't choke....don't choke. I was so close, I felt sure I was going to nail it. I would have until the "stutter" happened. Ugh...really?! I was sooooo close. It's bad enough that I choke sometimes, or that my legacy drums don't always have the best contact, but to have my fc stolen right out from under me do to a technical problem....well that's just sad. :neutral:

That reminds me of the time I was about to do a 5* finish in brutal with Little Miss Can't Be Wrong when the notification that I just beat someone popped up on my note highway. That's really bad because the end of that song is pure hell and I was about to fail.

Then I had a User Interface (UI) accident, lost my pitch and failed, which is sad. :disappointed: