12/21/10 DLC Discussion - John Lennon's "Happy XMas (War Is Over)" and 9 EU Singles

Comments

• dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2010
    HMX just pulled a Neversoft. So excited for Happy Xmas, but other than that, what a disappointing week.
  • BardledooBardledoo Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Definitely getting Happy Xmas, brilliant song.
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Looks like the wave of too good to be true DLC has finally crashed to the shore. No complaints, I like the variety, and there are very likely some gems amongst those.
    Deeznutzs27;4227477 said:
    WOW! How completely underwhelming.. Were we bad this year? This is definitely coal in ones stocking..

Not at all, this is a very good present. The gift of more money in your wallet.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Happy Christmas is a definite, although I have a hard time imagining anything but vocals being fun on that track. Since I'm primarily a vocalist, that's okay with me. I guess the guitar could be good. I haven't heard the song recently.

Doubtful I'll get the Euro stuff. Again, I'm a vocalist and singing a language I don't understand isn't so fun. I'll give everything a preview though.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited December 2010
    One of the best Lennon tunes ever written, but I will not be getting anything this week. I really don't want a anti-war/Christmas song popping up in July when playing random songs.

Don't want any of the EU stuff.

So, I get to save a little money this week.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    wow, lame week its lame, well, at least we have RBN
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Goose bumps when I saw italian bands on official RB3 disc. HMX, you should have taken Elio e Le Storie Tese (awesomeness for every instrument..) instead of that Litfiba song (which I didn't even know, they released other good songs but this is..meh).
    Linea 77's song will be a fan favourite and always chosen at parties, instead.. I'm surely buying it.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Aww, broke the streak! This doesn't look like a buy-everything week for me this week, but really, should I have expected otherwise? I mean, eight weeks of music I love is plenty to keep me busy, so I'm happy to give this week to someone else.

"Happy X-Mas (War Is Over)" is a definite buy, though. I'll have to ask my GH-playing friend in Denmark if I should pick up any of the others.
    Sayburr;4227526 said:
    One of the best Lennon tunes ever written, but I will not be getting anything this week. I really don't want a anti-war/Christmas song popping up in July when playing random songs.
    So give it a 5-lighter during December, and a 1-lighter the rest of the year.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 2010
    "Jerk It Out" is a must-get. I'll have to check out the Ana
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    FujiSkunk;4227530 said:
    So give it a 5-lighter during December, and a 1-lighter the rest of the year.
    This is actually a great idea; I'm surprised I hadn't considered that.
  • cameronhodgkinscameronhodgkins Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Happy Christmas, indeed! Thanks, Harmonix!
  • Herr_BassHerr_Bass Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Die Toten Hosen are still AWOL.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Happy Christmas (War Is Over) and Jerk It Out for me. Leave the rest alone. Looks like I've another year to wait for my Christmas pack. But John Lennon does the trick!
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    MPPMike;4227525 said:

Doubtful I'll get the Euro stuff. Again, I'm a vocalist and singing a language I don't understand isn't so fun. I'll give everything a preview though.
    Good thing "Jerk it Out" is all in English then.
  • Rhystic_1Rhystic_1 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    YES! Thank you so much HMX for Happy Xmas! But why without Pro Guitar/Bass charts? :(
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Ok, after a full review of the list (and not knowing 6 of the 8 songs), I'll be snagging 5 of'em. I for one love when HMX brings us songs from Europe. I always seem to find one or two bands to follow every time.

This time it's: Ana
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Didn't want to mention Happy Christmas not to jinx it, but it's absolutely perfect and I was really hoping for it this year.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Almost everything was a meh for me, but when I played Jerk It Out, that was a massive " oh, THAT song" moment. That will be all this week.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Technically, it's 8 EU singles, since John Lennon was, you know... British.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Tykki-Teme;4227549 said:
    Almost everything was a meh for me, but when I played Jerk It Out, that was a massive " oh, THAT song" moment. That will be all this week.

haha.. same. and I haven't heard in a long time and I don't remember from what either.

I think the song would be a lot of fun on keys and did you notice the drum solo? haha..
  • Stormfan Stormfan Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Just the Lennon track for me please.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    John Lennon song is a huge win for me, so I'll get that. And nothing else.

Oh well, I guess the amazing DLC streak couldn't last forever. Worst week since August I think.
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    GERMAN SONGS!!!! I can't believe it. Ok, BAP is one of my least favorite german groups.. actually I hate therm and the song. STILL I will buy it just to show my appreciation for german songs. Wir sind Helden is very cool, just a pity it doesn't suppert Pro Guitar. Anyway, this one is a must buy. It is a nice party song. Hope "Die Reklamation" (Guten Tag) will follow one day.

BTW: BAP was not the best choice to please a wide german audience. The Song was their only nationwide hit a long time ago, and the band itself is a very local phenomenon for the region of cologne. They don't even sing real german, it is a heavy slang/accent that noone outside of cologne can really speak. Anyway, I will buy it just to support your effort. Somebody at our partys will probably sing it one day.... ;)

I will buy John and Yoko too, as well as the other foreign songs
  • DANfanDANfan Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Is it wrong that when I saw the ticker that said "Songs from Europe" I thought we were gonna get more songs from the Band Europe other than "The Final Countdown" LOL.

Other than that, I think I'll pass on these songs other than the Lennon and Jerk It Out since I tend to stay away from the foreign language songs since I'm more of a vocalist and it's not fun singing in a language not your own.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    kitlerc;4227541 said:
    Good thing "Jerk it Out" is all in English then.

And that's why I'll be previewing rather than instantly dismissing. I like the Juanes song on RB3, so even the others will get an open minded look.
  • Setsu102Setsu102 Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Wir Sind Helden is a sweet band. Cool stuff HMX.
  • RedstarneonRedstarneon Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    The Caesars add is great. The band has a lot more songs that are great on keys and guitar. Hopefully, we'll see more from the band soon!
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited December 2010
    kitlerc;4227552 said:
    Technically, it's 8 EU singles, since John Lennon was, you know... British.

England is part of the EU? Last I heard they still used the Pound as their currency and were not using the Euro like members of the EU do. ;) (I know, I know. All technicality type stuff. :p )
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    murph;4227505 said:
    ugh. cool to see "Jerk it Out" a SSX3 classic. can we get MXPX "Play it Loud" now? :)
    I was about to say that too, although I really want the Placebo track (The Bitter End) most. Still, Jerk It Out is a definite buy. I will listen to the rest before passing judgment.