New DLC week of 1/08/08

Comments

• Tender-SurrenderTender-Surrender Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    AFAIK the Hives song is actually called Die, All Right! Of course I could be wrong.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Great to finally hear how you plan to proceed with the announcements.

And Huzzah for more STP!
  • edited January 2008
    Tender-Surrender;239268 said:
    AFAIK the Hives song is actually called Die, All Right! Of course I could be wrong.
    True! And fixed.
  • gravy2dopegravy2dope Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Please, Please, Please add something from TOOL. I need an 11 minute work-out, my 7-minute abs isn't working!
  • edited January 2008
    Thank goodness for awesome. It was killing me to know Iron Maiden was coming and not be able to say anything about it.
  • aukevinaukevin Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I'll be getting all three.

LOL, I watched the video of that Hives song because I'd never heard it before and I wanted to see if it was worth a purchase. That singer looks crazy in the vid.
  • bounchfxbounchfx Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    sweet!

Getting all three!
  • SuperfroSuperfro Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    One would assume that the STP release makes a potential full album version of "Purple" becoming available drop down to the "never gonna happen" range. :(

That being said though, I'll take whatever I can get from that album. Fan-frickin'-tastic! (Kudos on The Hives choice as well.)

Can't wait for tomorrow! :cool:
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Sean, weekly updates will be awesome, I'll look forward to them from now on. Pretty awesome songs again this coming week, it might be a 3 song download week for me!

One of my most favorite STP songs too, can't wait!
  • themanoftheland8themanoftheland8 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Thank you HMX!!!

Interstate Love Song is a sure buy, and Number of the Beast is possible.

We'll see how the note chart compares to GH3.

Thanks so much for letting us know!!!
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    Apples;239300 said:
    Thank goodness for awesome. It was killing me to know Iron Maiden was coming and not be able to say anything about it.
    *grabs Apples by the shirt collar and slams him against the wall*

"What else do you know?!?! Tell me, NOW!!"

umm, oh...uh, sorry bout that. Still bitter over the tool-thread locking (conveniently done while I was without access till a week later, btw) *glares a bit*
  • AliceInChainedAliceInChained Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    How come NOTB is a cover when GH has the master?
  • aryallaryall Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Apples;239300 said:
    Well, it's killing us to know that you know but can't share what might be coming in the future, so I guess that makes us even! ;)
  • HMXJohnlokHMXJohnlok Harmonix Developer
    edited January 2008
    TheTogfather;239323 said:

umm, oh...uh, sorry bout that. Still bitter over the tool-thread locking (conveniently done while I was without access till a week later, btw) *glares a bit*
    I'm voting this for post of the week :D
  • resident360resident360 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    "Interstate Love Song" is a must have for me, but the only song I'll be downloading tomorrow.

The Hives song could grow on me, but I really just want "Hate to Say I Told You So" and call it a day. "Main Offender" doesn't exactly light it up with my band.

I'm definitely skipping Maiden because it's a cover as well as "Run to the Hills" being one of my least favorite disc tracks. I could use the challenge, but I'd rather be challenged by a song I enjoy hearing. Guess I'm not much of a metalhead.
  • edited January 2008
    TheTogfather;239323 said:

Alright alright already. I'll break. Here's my secrets:

I know that there are awesome songs in the works, followed by more awesome, followed by SUPER awesome. :cool:

I also know HMX_Sean's mustache is really gray but he colors it!
  • DJIce1DJIce1 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    AliceInChained;239328 said:
    How come NOTB is a cover when GH has the master?
    The master could have mixed down one or more tracks (usually drums) so that they can't be isolated for the game.
  • MrNazraqMrNazraq Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    hmxsean;239147 said:

"Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots
    OMG! I LOVE THIS SONG! This is my favorite STP song. Thanks so much!!!
  • chillzatlchillzatl Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Good songs all, and props to Harmonix for continuing to follow through on their promise of DLC!
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    Apples;239336 said:
    Now THAT little tid-bit makes up for all of it. Thanks Apples!

Oh Seeeaaannn...:D
  • CyN1caLCyN1caL Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Anything Iron Maiden = instant buy. Even if its a cover.

I'd like some Wasted Years next (or Hallowed Be Thy Name, but that's just wishful thinking), hopefully the master of that can be used.

And I'll get the STP song too, because my vocal range is pretty much identical to Scott Weiland's, making Vasoline very fun to sing for me. And I remember Interstate Love Song after listening to it on youtube.

Not a fan of The Hives though, and the song didn't strike a chord with me. Drums on it sound fun, so maybe I'll pick it up sometime down the line.
  • StacheStache Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    i cannot wait for the day to come where i download dlc again, had to get roxeanne by the police, just cus its that fun too sing, but havent gotten anything since:(
  • FeudalmasterFeudalmaster Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Thank you,

“because inquiring minds need to know.”
    I'm going to need a lot more points....
  • peacethrubikingpeacethrubiking Unsigned
    edited January 2008
  • StacheStache Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    even though im not gonna get any of these songs, stp is 90's rock, and that means you guys rae making strides towards good music for dlc
  • sjb111sjb111 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    HMXJohnlok;239332 said:
    I'm voting this for post of the week :D
    I'm voting for my own thread:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20651
  • RyverstyxRyverstyx Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Nice selection! Seems to have something for everyone... I like that in downloadable content. Keeps us all buying SOMETHING, even if it isn't EVERYTHING.

Personally, I'm purchasing every single metal DLC. Sure, I'm a metal head, but it just seems like it will be more fun to play Maiden on guitar than,say, STP.

That's just me, though. I like the impossible solos.

(still... Dethklok would be amazing )
  • padreswinpadreswin Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Great mix of tracks and love seeing more Hives. I'll be grabbing all three.
  • edited January 2008
    Apples;239336 said:

Shows how much you know - I don't even have a mustache right now. I shaved it off in a fit of madness and now look about 12 years old.

My face is cold.
  • Ghost_CrisisGhost_Crisis Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Very happy another Hives song is being added. I wasnt much of a fan because of that Damn Cartoon Network music video they play everyday, 4 times an hour. Any day I stay home from work, and my remote control is lost from drinking and watching late night adult swim-fests, I'm forced to watch that horrible song...

...anywoo, like many have said before me, "Main Offender" has definatley opened my eyes to the Hives. It was the first song I 5 stared on the drums/expert, and has a small place in my heart.

As for the Iron Maiden Cover, I hope its as good as Run to the Hills, because I broke my drumsticks during that song (I videotaped it, and it was HILARIOUS, and will be on Youtube as soon as YouTube stops being foolish...). And The Stone Temple Pilots? I didnt recognize the name of the song, and I YouTubed the video. As soon as it started (Past the Black and White phase), I instantly got it. I think this will be the first time I buy all 3 songs in one week (Since the Metallica Pack Dropped...but that doesnt count).

Any word on the Metallica tracks BTW?

Kudos HMXSean for the update. I usually have to wait until the day of. Now I can plan out my budget around RockBand DLC! Awesome! One more reason to be poor!
This discussion has been closed.