Any news on double bass charted songs?

scorpionbite988scorpionbite988 Unsigned
edited December 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I know that the RBN is now able to chart songs with full double bass. Are there any current songs that have that option? Does anyone know if there any in the working?
Thank you.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    "Determined (Vows of Vengeance) (2x Bass Pedal)" is already in the store. There are plenty more to come.
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    A song by Kataklysm, Determined (Vows of Vengeance) is available in single bass and 2x Bass (that's what authors have named double bass mode). Just look for the version with (2x Bass) after the title.

Here's a demonstration.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Didn't someone suggested that the double bass was gonna be on Expert mode and Hard mode is just Expert without the double bass charting? I hope that's being followed and not have two of the same song as DLC.
    edited December 2010
    itzJV;4225461 said:
    Didn't someone suggested that the double bass was gonna be on Expert mode and Hard mode is just Expert without the double bass charting? I hope that's being followed and not have two of the same song as DLC.
    There are two of the same song. That first option is ludicrous for the people who don't want to play double bass.
    edited December 2010
    Having two of the same song, I just find it as an issue. What if a friend of mine had a double bass version and I had the single bass version? That means we can't play together. If the charts were to be transferred into Expert and Hard mode as I mentioned before, it would work out. There isn't nothing we're losing in the process, people can still gold star on Hard mode.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Related to this, have any authoring groups said they intend to update some of their songs for Double Pedal and Pro Drums? I was deleting some old song demos trying to make some HD space and noticed quite a few songs that would have been awesome that I would have bought if they had Pro charting and 2x Bass.

I can't see why authors wouldn't update some of their songs, only the drum track needs updating, wouldn't require that much work compared to doing an entire song but they'd still get the same amount of profit for it.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    itzJV;4225484 said:
    Having two of the same song, I just find it as an issue. What if a friend of mine had a double bass version and I had the single bass version? That means we can't play together. If the charts were to be transferred into Expert and Hard mode as I mentioned before, it would work out. There isn't nothing we're losing in the process, people can still gold star on Hard mode.

Only Expert can gold star. Hard can't.

This wouldn't work for the following reasons:

-Harmonix already said we can't do it
    -The Easy player gets completely shafted with this method.

As for the issue at hand, Dragoon is right. The Kataklysm song is in the store now and is the first of many double bass songs to hit. RockGamer announced a song, and my studio, Chart Toppers Authoring, is releasing FOUR double bass songs very soon. I hope to have a preview video for all four made sometime this weekend, and all four songs released in the next two weeks, Peer Review permitting, since they're all re-releases of stuff we have in the store.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Great... not only is HMX recycling content, but we can look forward to multiple versions and rereleases of RBN songs too. As someone that owns the entire catalog, it's sad to see how fractured and sloppy the DLC library is becoming. Keep splintering the already tiny percentage of users that purchase DLC. I'm sure it will end well.

"I got the double bass version!"
    "I got double bass AND keyboards!"
    "I got single bass and keyboards..."
    "I just have the original version..."
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;4225594 said:
    Deal with it.

How much DLC/RBN do you have? Just curious if you'll pick up the slack when customers like me walk away.
  • Erra93Erra93 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    It sucks. So hard. Why couldn't they just add an option like expert+ on guitar hero, seriously, it can't be that hard. I'm getting tired of games constantly milking the users. BLEH!
    Yuck! It disgusts me.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2010
    I've got almost 2000 songs and I have no problem buying a new version if it has features I want.

And no I'm not rich before anyone busts that old chestnut out ;)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2010
    I'm not sure how you expect HMX or the RBN charters to win when everyone whines for something, and then when you are given the OPTION on how to get it, you whine because it isn't how you want it to be.

Start : "WHHIIIIIINNNE I want keyboards, vocal harmonies and double bass in older songs."

A solution is made to give what we asked for : "WHIIINNNE I have to PAY to get extra stuff like I asked?!? HMX is just screwing/milking us!!!"

Option B they don't update : "WHIIIINE HMX hates us because they don't care enough about their fans to give us the updated tracks with double bass and harmonies and keys."

Honestly have you people listened to yourselves lately?

I mean do you whine like this at McDonalds when you get two pickles on your burger instead of three?
  • SirMaueRSirMaueR Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4225795 said:
    I'm not sure how you expect HMX or the RBN charters to win when everyone whines for something, and then when you are given the OPTION on how to get it, you whine because it isn't how you want it to be.

Start : "WHHIIIIIINNNE I want keyboards, vocal harmonies and double bass in older songs."

A solution is made to give what we asked for : "WHIIINNNE I have to PAY to get extra stuff like I asked?!? HMX is just screwing/milking us!!!"

Option B they don't update : "WHIIIINE HMX hates us because they don't care enough about their fans to give us the updated tracks with double bass and harmonies and keys."

Honestly have you people listened to yourselves lately?

I mean do you whine like this at McDonalds when you get two pickles on your burger instead of three?

I like it!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Gigakoops;4225371 said:
    A song by Kataklysm, Determined (Vows of Vengeance) is available in single bass and 2x Bass (that's what authors have named double bass mode). Just look for the version with (2x Bass) after the title.

Here's a demonstration.
    Your calibration is way off which comes even more into play on songs like this that have smaller hit windows.
  • GigakoopsGigakoops Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    NoThru22;4225811 said:
    Your calibration is way off which comes even more into play on songs like this that have smaller hit windows.

That's not me. I found it on Youtube and posted it. Besides, You don't want to see me do drums... I don't fail, I epic fail.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Gigakoops;4225973 said:
    That's not me. I found it on Youtube and posted it. Besides, You don't want to see me do drums... I don't fail, I epic fail.

Nothing is worth doing if it's not done epic'ly. :D
    Akuryu;4225601 said:
    How much DLC/RBN do you have? Just curious if you'll pick up the slack when customers like me walk away.
    I realize this is probably the over-exaggerated response that's so common on internet message boards, but I'll humor it a bit by injecting a little logic:

If you play online regularly, you most likely have set instruments you enjoy. That being said, if the regular drummer plays 2x bass, have everyone automatically purchase that type of song when it comes out. If they want to play the regular song, then they can save up $1-$2 to purchase it. If you don't have a drummer in the group, it doesn't matter which version you have since those charts are the same. Or if you don't enjoy the 2x bass but don't want to buy the regular version, why not try the hard difficulty for the 2x bass version?

As far as I'm aware, you aren't forced to purchase both versions. All you and your friends need is the same version of the song, whether it be 2x bass or regular.

This, of course, is all assuming you play in a regular band with friends online. If you're doing random quickplay, I imagine there are further, more pressing issues than worrying about the consistency RBN DLC.

And because I enjoy being an internet cliche sometimes: v. TLDR; 2x bass is awesome, thank you HMX and RBN!
    edited December 2010
    Akuryu;4225601 said:

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
  • BaltarBaltar Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Akuryu;4225601 said:

I dont understand the OCD aspect of "oh the store is cluttered/my list is cluttered"...

Like.. really? Your list in Rock Band.. a video game.. is cluttered.. that affects your life in a negative way.. how?

If we wanna discuss the monetary aspect.. i can UNDERSTAND frustration, but it's not permitted.. Its this way or no way.

Ill take this way.

I dont understand how the Poll with "should RBN songs do 2x bass" was like 50/50.. and it was mainly people with some creepy OCD over their song list.. WHO CARES IF ITS CLUTTERED IF IT HAS WHAT YOU OR OTHERS WANT?

sorry.. just my rant on the topic.

Go double bass charting!

:)
  • CyclonusCyclonus Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Dude...i already had the kataklsym song...as soon as i saw double bass version got right online and bought it. Didnt even think twice about it.

Its like others said...if you want the double bass version buy the song...if you dont care go w/ the regular version. i dont see the big deal here.
  • BaltarBaltar Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Cyclonus;4226420 said:
    Dude...i already had the kataklsym song...as soon as i saw double bass version got right online and bought it. Didnt even think twice about it.

Its like others said...if you want the double bass version buy the song...if you dont care go w/ the regular version. i dont see the big deal here.

Like i said, apparently alot of Rock Band players experience some trippy form of OCD over their setlist :P

sorry if that was trolling, its just what ive seen. seen it alot in the main forums too about re releasing of Pro Tracks.. Its like.. the monetary aspect, like i said, I GET IT.. But really, youre complaining about cluttering your 500+ song list? Its already cluttered.. deal with it.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I would of preferred a double bass add on similiar to how pro guitar and pro bass is handled. It is what it is and its not going to stop me from getting the double bass version. I just wish both versions of the song would be released at the same time so I can avoid getting the single kick version.
  • tahoedude101tahoedude101 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Cyclonus;4226420 said:

The big deal is when situations like this happen:
    Akuryu;4225591 said:
    "I got the double bass version!"
    "I got double bass AND keyboards!"
    "I got single bass and keyboards..."
    "I just have the original version..."
    Having multiple versions of one song will make it even harder to find people with the same DLC as you. Or, say that you wanted to play this song with a friend. Your friend only plays guitar so he didn't feel that is was worth it for him to buy the new version. You really wanted to try out the new double bass and play with your friend, but you can't because he didn't buy it.

That's the big deal.
    edited December 2010
    I think the market for people buying double bass versions of songs will be very small. And if your friend is the one you're trying to play with, you can talk to him to check which version to get.
    edited December 2010
    tahoedude101;4227080 said:

Having multiple versions of one song will make it even harder to find people with the same DLC as you. Or, say that you wanted to play this song with a friend. Your friend only plays guitar so he didn't feel that is was worth it for him to buy the new version. You really wanted to try out the new double bass and play with your friend, but you can't because he didn't buy it.

That's the big deal.

Wow. What a soul crushing event to have happen.

The way I figure it, anybody who is that hardcore to want songs like this anyway, are probably going to buy the 'best' version available. That way, they can be 'br00tal' with other like-minded individuals.

And if you have a friend who's unwilling to drop an extra buck or two to buy the same version you have, you should leave them a PM telling them how they're screwing with your fun by not conforming to your expectations.

You won't have to worry about a lame ass situation like this in the future, I'll bet.
    edited December 2010
    tahoedude101;4227080 said:

That's the big deal.

This is what I meant before that having two of the same song is gonna be a problem. But it doesn't end there, now think about drummers who are in bands or are friends with MULTI-INSTRUMENTALISTS that don't own double bass on their drumsets. Not many people are willing to buy two of the same song, cause that's just plain crazy (unless they're loaded with money and/or spend money like it's nothing). Surely this two song thing isn't much of a matter to charting groups because they're getting money either way, but it's a problem to some of us that buy these songs in terms of compatibility with friends and other players.

Personally, I'm gonna be staying away from these multiple songs until a better solution comes by. I'm just hoping a song I truly like doesn't get two versions of charting.
  • warumonoLSwarumonoLS (Not Affiliated With:)
    edited December 2010
    Kittie - The Truth has double bass if im not mistaken
  • ccruz3693ccruz3693 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Is the song by miss may i double bass charted?
    edited December 2010
    ccruz3693;4231356 said:
    Is the song by miss may i double bass charted?
    If it doesn't have (2x Bass Pedal) added to the title, it doesn't have double bass, unless it is "Where the Light Was Born..." :p