guitar hero 3

Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
edited July 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
i haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so i'll post it here

4 more songs stolen today:

La Grange- ZZ Top
Number Of The Beast- Iron Maiden
Suck My Kiss- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Through The Fire And The Flames- Dragonforce

Comments

  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Link? i won't believe it

    edit:

    http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19183&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

    scorehero? why would neversoft tell them? although a member of the team was a big contributor to score hero customs........

    edit 2:
    after reading the posts of the guys there i have a feeling guitar hero 3 won't dissapoint. They seemed to have the same kind of reservations about neversoft and pretty much are saying hardcore gh fans will be pleased. and those are some sweet new tunes. The only negative thing i possibly see is a new ho/po system. however i love how they say note charts follow how the song would work more realistically. This certainly makes my interest to eventually buy gh3 a little greater
  • DIEGOROBOT26DIEGOROBOT26 Banned
    edited July 2007
    When I read this I got very very happy, dude Number of the Beast and La Grange are awesome. Hard songs I take I love challenges so yea this is good news. Two amazing games coming soon cannot wait.
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    yeah, sorry i didn't put the link in. scorehero is a pretty no-BS community, so i didn't believe that non-locked stickied post was a lie.
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Ya that's awesome... and I don't care for DragonForce but that song is gonna be difficult... and I'm loving the rest of the songs, nice find man thanks
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Rev0lver;23284 said:
    yeah, sorry i didn't put the link in. scorehero is a pretty no-BS community, so i didn't believe that non-locked stickied post was a lie.
    yea definetly. i wouldnt doubt those guys. those songs are so damn good how could someone not question it without a link
  • The_Walrus_KingThe_Walrus_King Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Ehhh I'm pretty disappointed. I was killing for Dragonforce to be on Rock Band, and that looks pretty much impossible now. I dont like the way GH is going. After an article I read on IGN about the notes being off from how the song sounds I'm really not interested in GH3. I hate the visual look and the track list so far isnt very good compared to Rock Band. Honestly, I wish GH would just back off so Rock Band can take over.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Iron Maiden AND DragonForce in ONE announcement!

    I'm speechless.....
  • tmanrockstmanrocks Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    newwaytodie;23534 said:
    Iron Maiden AND DragonForce in ONE announcement!

    I'm speechless.....
    ME TOO MAN!

    I need to change my underwear after hearing Dragonforce was confirmed

    The maiden song choice I am pissed off at.... because maiden has so much better than that imo

    Dragonforce choice literally could have been anything besides trail of broken hearts and I would have been equally overjoyed (I love trail of broken hearts but thats not as much fun to play)

    I LITERALLY got up and jumped around for joy in my room upon hearing it
  • tmanrockstmanrocks Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    The_Walrus_King;23521 said:
    Ehhh I'm pretty disappointed. I was killing for Dragonforce to be on Rock Band, and that looks pretty much impossible now.
    Its far from impossible man , dragonforce has 3 entire albums worth of songs for rock band to choose from , seeing as both games are going with each bands hits , I Assume rock band will be fury of the storm, or operation ground and pound ... just based off the fact that they keep choosing singles in both games

    When they announce dragonforce for rock band I will need to change my pants again

    Edit: people were wondering when GH3 was gonna pull something big out of their ass to put them back ahead of rock band.. AND THEY JUST DID IT MAN!!!!

    They already had alot of people who were 110% going to buy the game but

    Dragonforce and Iron maiden and RHCP have crazy fans... each one of those = A TON more people BENT on buying GH3 now

    At this point I would buy GH3 even if the rest of the list sucks , TTFATF and rock you like a hurricane is good enuff for me but YEAH man they are going to have even MORE great songs in the game :D :D :D :D YAAY
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited July 2007
    The_Walrus_King;23521 said:
    I dont like the way GH is going. After an article I read on IGN about the notes being off from how the song sounds I'm really not interested in GH3.
    There's a video out there where you can see how bad it is. Two actually. There's a video interview where they said they hired people off the net to do the note charts (ya know the ones that ilegally hacked the game,probably downloaded the music and modded their system) and then they go ask more people off the net for advice wich leaves the question: What should they remove first,their own head or Rock Band's foot? :D :p Nice to know Rock Band is in professional hands.

    Thumbs up on the Maiden song. The other 3 suck,espically Dragonforce but at least people will finally shut the hell up about them. Now's the time for Rock Band to announce AC/DC,their own Maiden song,Def Leppard and if there's anymore newer songs throw one of them in.
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Rock_Starman;23577 said:
    There's a video out there where you can see how bad it is. Two actually. There's a video interview where they said they hired people off the net to do the note charts (ya know the ones that ilegally hacked the game,probably downloaded the music and modded their system) and then they go ask more people off the net for advice wich leaves the question: What should they remove first,their own head or Rock Band's foot? :D :p Nice to know Rock Band is in professional hands.

    Thumbs up on the Maiden song. The other 3 suck,espically Dragonforce but at least people will finally shut the hell up about them. Now's the time for Rock Band to announce AC/DC,their own Maiden song,Def Leppard and if there's anymore newer songs throw one of them in.

    ALl RB has to do is have Dream theater and they immediatly have a track or tracks with better composition and just as hard to play on any of the instruments.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited July 2007
    Rev0lver;23257 said:
    i haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so i'll post it here

    4 more songs stolen today:

    La Grange- ZZ Top
    Number Of The Beast- Iron Maiden
    Suck My Kiss- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Through The Fire And The Flames- Dragonforce
    Whew, what a crap. And more Classic Rock and Metal. (Except for Chilli Peppers, but then again, Suck my Kiss is probably one of their worst songs)

    So, yeah, I will not miss these songs in RB. :p
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Rev0lver;23257 said:
    i haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so i'll post it here

    4 more songs stolen today:

    La Grange- ZZ Top
    Number Of The Beast- Iron Maiden
    Suck My Kiss- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Through The Fire And The Flames- Dragonforce
    Those are 4 solid songs, very solid, and with those in addition to the other songs they have announced already. I had thought I had forgotten about Guitar Hero but now I have slowly come to realize that GH III is actually going to be very solid, apparently about 50% of their list (not including bonus songs) is made up of Master Tracks.

    Alice Cooper - School's Out
    Beastie Boys - Sabotage (Master)
    Foghat - Slowride
    Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (Master)
    Heart - Barracuda
    Kiss - Rock N Roll All Nite
    Living Colour - Cult of Personality (Master)
    Muse - Knights of Cydonia (Master)
    Pearl Jam - Evenflow (Master)
    Priestess - Lay Down (Master)
    Rolling Stones - Paint it Black (Master)
    Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock (Master)
    Tenacious D - The Metal (Master)
    The Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
    Weezer - My Name is Jonas (Master)

    I'm pretty excited for GH III Now, I really want to play a bunch of their songs, I'm not really that excited for their new content, like boss battles and battle mode, but in the end it keeps the key elements that made up GH's in the past so I don't think it will be that bad.

    Rock Band is still going to be amazing, and I'm super excited for it, I really hope they grab some of the bands that GH III has, such as Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Muse, Rolling Stones, Tenacious D, Kis, Heart, Guns N' Roses, ZZ Top, Iron Maiden, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

    Oh and just because a song or a band is in one game, does not mean it wont be in the other, there are going to be so many overlappings, it isn't possible not to have them
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Based on the info they gave, i can almost assuredly say that there will be HO/PO chord changes.
  • edited July 2007
    Coldplayer;23676 said:
    (Except for Chilli Peppers, but then again, Suck my Kiss is probably one of their worst songs)

    are you kidding me? one of their worst? it's one of their best, outside of sir Psycho sexy

    :P
  • Joshf60Joshf60 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
  • xtcdukesxtcdukes Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    I'm not really that impressed. Regardless of the songs being good or not, it's just more of the same that GH 2 was sporting. The diversity of GH is becoming non-existent.

    This is why I'm hoping Rock Band will not succumb to that.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I think the track list is stellar.........I'm a big fan of Muse, RHCP, and the pumpkins.

    But i don't like how theyre changing gameplay, for an avid GH fan that will annoy me. Casual fans won't even notice. I'll buy this game eventually, or borrow it from a friend.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    YAY DRAGONFORCE (bla, blaa, blaaa) Homo-erotic!

    Does failing at the 1-3% mark sound fun?

    Read what Scorehero admin JCirri had to say. AND I QUOTE!

    - One of the biggest gameplay changes was with the system for hammer-ons and pull-offs. Rather than being based solely on the timing of the notes, Neversoft is able to program certain notes to be strummed or hammer-ons. The general guideline is, if a note is strummed on a real guitar, it will probably have to be strummed in-game. When a note is a hammer on for a real guitar, you'll probably be able to do a hammer-on for it in-game. This provides a much more realistic feeling to the charts.

    - After our lengthy demo session, we sat down with some of the guys from Neversoft GH3 team in order to provide feedback on how the game was coming along, and what would be nice to see changed before release. We sat in for two hours and were able to discuss all parts of the game from top-to-bottom with the developers. It's an understatement to say that all of us who were out there are very eagerly awaiting the release of the latest game in the Guitar Hero franchise.

    - "Through the Fire And Flames" is REALLY hard. We'll leave it to the individual posters to tell you how many times they failed it at 1-3%.
    tmanrocks;23571 said:

    I need to change my underwear after hearing Dragonforce was confirmed

    The maiden song choice I am pissed off at.... because maiden has so much better than that imo

    Dragonforce choice literally could have been anything besides trail of broken hearts and I would have been equally overjoyed (I love trail of broken hearts but thats not as much fun to play)

    I LITERALLY got up and jumped around for joy in my room upon hearing it
    Your musical knowledge shines throughout that statement. *scoffs*
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I will sum up how i think GH3 will turn out

    1. Stellar Tracklist- theyve got it already, i love nearly every band.

    2. Terrible gameplay- lame gimmicks, new ho/po system will radically change gameplay, weak note charts (people who hacked the game? no thanks), and a co-op experience that will lack compared to Rock Band
  • spagettispagetti Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Eman311;23827 said:
    I will sum up how i think GH3 will turn out

    1. Stellar Tracklist- theyve got it already, i love nearly every band.

    2. Terrible gameplay- lame gimmicks, new ho/po system will radically change gameplay, weak note charts (people who hacked the game? no thanks), and a co-op experience that will lack compared to Rock Band
    The people who played the new system were stoked about it and said it gave a
    fresh appeal to the feel of game, plus a wireless guitar(a first for microsoft).
    I remember when people first heard about relaxing time windows for strumming
    in GH 2 saying it would make the game alot easier(it did'nt).
    Also worth a mention is the fact that people playing it said" there ain't no
    I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL in this game all tracks have interesting pieces and passages
    meaning good replay value imo.
    I think this game will be great for the shredders who will want to go head to head
    on guitar. As much as im going to love rock band, maybe the one weakness will be
    if you do fancy going solo against another good player, how will the guitar parts work out
    compaired to GH 3 which is specalising in guitar.
    I know rockband has drums but the thought of a DRUM OFF ( i don't know how to put it).
    does'nt rock my boat.

    To sumerise i think both games have brilliant potential and i for one will be getting both.
    I hope dlc is'nt a prob, but i think that will be sorted as was mentioned any new dlc currently
    working on GH2 will not work on GH3 so i think there waiting for that.
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    I dunno, I'm not liking how the game looks so far but more realistic note charts sound good to me.... I doubt we'll see anymore easy songs that were made difficult by the note charts like Freya and others
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    we'll see.......i'm definetly getting gh3 just for muse alone
  • tmanrockstmanrocks Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;23774 said:
    YAY DRAGONFORCE (bla, blaa, blaaa) Homo-erotic!

    Does failing at the 1-3% mark sound fun?
    YES! (/"homo erotic")

    I'll just play it on hard mode so I don't have to fail at 1% :P
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    I'm getting GH3 just for Dragonforce at this point. I was originally going to pass and save money by buying just Rock Band because I was worried about gameplay changes and stuff. But darn it... Through the Fire and the Flames is going to become the next Jordan.

    -Jaime
  • tmanrockstmanrocks Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    logicalnoise;23658 said:
    ALl RB has to do is have Dream theater and they immediatly have a track or tracks with better composition and just as hard to play on any of the instruments.
    Dream theater would be cool... they are actually on the same label as dragonforce and they have to work with the label to get the band in the game... and roadrunner LOOOVES promoting their bands... I bet you at least 4 other roadrunner records bands will be in the game... (Go on roadrunners website to see their extensive band list)

    And aside from that , you make it sound like people want dragonforce because its some "masterpiece" or something.... nobody ever said dragonforce were great at writing songs... but their songs sure as hell are fun to listen to! lol
  • stinkdog2007stinkdog2007 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    JB4GDI;23874 said:
    I'm getting GH3 just for Dragonforce at this point. I was originally going to pass and save money by buying just Rock Band because I was worried about gameplay changes and stuff. But darn it... Through the Fire and the Flames is going to become the next Jordan.

    -Jaime
    Its actually going to be 10x harder than Jordan. If the best player from xbox 360 is failing at 1-3%, you can tell it is going to be very, very hard.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    stinkdog2007;23892 said:
    Its actually going to be 10x harder than Jordan. If the best player from xbox 360 is failing at 1-3%, you can tell it is going to be very, very hard.
    And that has fun written all over it, now doesn't it.:rolleyes:
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    It's really not all that hard... I mean it will challange your arm stamina much like Six but it's really not all that hard.. Here check out this custom version



    But it does look very fun to play so I'm pretty excited over all.. I may not like they their music much but I have to admit it does look very fun to play
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    stinkdog2007;23892 said:
    the best player from xbox 360 is failing at 1-3%, you can tell it is going to be very, very hard.
    Oh God, I thought he was just some mediocre n00b...

    Looks like that song is going to lead to Ikaruga levels of fun for me.

    -Jaime
    646 x 441 - 13K
Sign In or Register to comment.