A humble plea to my fellow peer reviewers out there..

DarkenderDarkender Opening Act
edited December 2010 in The Rock Band Network
PLEASE just PLEASE take 10 minutes to download and play "Second Sight Blackout" and "The Order" by Children of Nova. We have been waiting FOREVER for them and there are tons of people that want to buy these tracks so bad!

PLEASE

<3 Brad

:cool:

Comments

• HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I'm not a peer reviewer, but I'm definitely behind this request 100%

"Second Sight Blackout" in particular has been on RockGamer's schedule for-e-ver! Anything Children of Nova releases is a day-one purchase for me. I can't wait 'til we have the whole EP on Rock Band and I can play it start to finish.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    It should take you FAR longer than "10 minutes" to download a track and examine it enough times on *all* instruments and difficulties to consider it a thorough Peer Review.

Rushing things through isn't in anyone's best interest.

- m
  • DarkenderDarkender Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    That's what playtesting is for in my opinion.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Darkender;4231420 said:
    That's what playtesting is for in my opinion.
    Yes, it's a common misnomer that Peer Review is merely to play through once on Expert Guitar or Expert Drums and to listen for swears. This ensures quality on only one chart. "Works for me! Rest must be okay, too!"

I personally do not like this point of view, and believe most of the egregious charting errors have resulted from such a lack of care. Peer Review is specifically intended to catch last-minute show-stoppers, as opposed to Playtest which allows for more subjective and stylistic feedback.

Surely we can at least invest more than 10 minutes to look for hard rule problems on full-band autoplay on all difficulties?

- m
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Markleford;4231445 said:
    Yes, it's a common misnomer that Peer Review is merely to play through once on Expert Guitar or Expert Drums and to listen for swears. This ensures quality on only one chart. "Works for me! Rest must be okay, too!"

I personally do not like this point of view, and believe most of the egregious charting errors have resulted from such a lack of care. Peer Review is specifically intended to catch last-minute show-stoppers, as opposed to Playtest which allows for more subjective and stylistic feedback.

Surely we can at least invest more than 10 minutes to look for hard rule problems on full-band autoplay on all difficulties?

- m

Agreed with this 100%. Playtest doesn't always catch everything, and there's always the chance that a song got rushed into Peer Review with little to no testing done. I've failed songs that were late in the Peer Review process due to errors that weren't caught in testing, and I've personally been hit by this too. I pulled Alpha Strike at 100% complete due to a huge error, and then got failed at 92% on the next revision due to another error that got overlooked. It happens. Not very often, but it happens. I'm thankful every day that both those happened, because the version of Alpha Strike that is in the store right now is perfect thanks to the error-catching done in PR.

While I'd love to see those Children of Nova tracks out as well, I'd rather the charts be done right and have those songs 2 years from now (obvious exaggeration) than have a flawed version right now.
  • ChilChil Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    For future reference, two months from V1 hitting playtest does not count as forever.