12/28/10 DLC Discussion - Paul McCartney, Wings, Siousxie & the Banshees, Inhabited!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited January 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4232575 said:
Hey gang,

Keep the holiday joy going with the Paul McCartney DLC coming out next week! Sir Paul is now featured in the Rock Band library as a solo artist, in Wings and as part of a little know group called The Beatles. Looks like he's making a play to dethrone Dave Grohl as the artist with the most appearances in RB. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360 (Dec. 28) and Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Jan. 4):

Paul McCartney – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Band on the Run”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Helen Wheels”
Paul McCartney & Wings – “Let Me Roll It” X
Inhabited – “Open My Eyes”
Siouxsie and The Banshees – “Cities in Dust” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Jan. 5)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Celebrating Band on the Run Pack” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points) for Celebrating Band on the Run Pack

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Banshees on the Run!

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited December 2010
    YES! McCartney! The live stuff was OK, but this is studio and I can't want to frickin' add these to my library... now if only I could play The Beatles in RB3 I would be estatic.

Now, where is the Ringo and George solo stuff, damn it, you should be fair to all parties.

Never liked Susie and her banshees.
    The Inhabited song sounds good, but from now on I am only buying hits that will get played at the house by multiple people, not just myself.
  • Red5Red5 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    John and Paul back to back, Harmonix you are the best.
  • edited December 2010
    RBN Tracks are comin' in HOT, guys and gals! Stay tuned!
  • Bosco32Bosco32 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    kingtonyx;4234564 said:
    Sigh.
    Don't worry, I am sure there will be somthing coming soon to make you happier.

But, I wonder if HMX is thinking RBN will account for more Metal and they are going to concentrate on bigger selling bands...
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    it's a shame live and let die didn't make it
  • edited December 2010
    Getting all four McCartney songs for sure.
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Might get some of these. Of course my 360 RROD on me so...

I'm on a Maver kick from STP. I keep hoping to see it on the list. So random, but I'm obsessed.
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Will definitely get "Band on the Run" and "Helen Wheels." I wish we could also have the BOTR version of "Jet" as well. The live one is OK, but Paulie's voice ain't what it used to be for that tune.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2010
    Sayburr;4234573 said:
    Don't worry, I am sure there will be somthing coming soon to make you happier.

But, I wonder if HMX is thinking RBN will account for more Metal and they are going to concentrate on bigger selling bands...

I really hope so. It's not even metal, it's just that I'd like something I'd actually listen to outside of playing the game. In two months, NONE of the RB3 DLC has fit this category. The last great official HMX DLC was the Jimmy Eat World Pack 02 in my books. RBN has put out good stuff though.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2010
    I will get Band on the Run & that Open song (I just listened to it on Youtube it isn't bad :))

That's it for me, another week of only 2 songs I even like.
    :\

I'm actually getting tired of the Beatle members stuff too TBH.
  • mwulf67mwulf67 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Band on the Run will make my list...but not very high up on it...
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I'll probably pick up Band on the Run, and at last, at long last, Cities in Dust IS HERE!!!! I've been waiting for it since the first Siouxsie pack was announced WAAAY back when. Rock Band songs life is drawing nearer to completion for me every week.
    edited December 2010
    kingtonyx;4234579 said:
    I really hope so. It's not even metal, it's just that I'd like something I'd actually listen to outside of playing the game. In two months, NONE of the RB3 DLC has fit this category. The last great official HMX DLC was the Jimmy Eat World Pack 02 in my books.
    Usually HMX has a lot more diversity, but except for last week it has been almost all Classic Rock since launch... Personally, I love it because it is the music I grew up on so I am in hog heaven and tickled pink. I know my great run has to end soon though because HMX has never had such a long streak of the same genre.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    kingtonyx;4234579 said:
    I really hope so. It's not even metal, it's just that I'd like something I'd actually listen to outside of playing the game. In two months, NONE of the RB3 DLC has fit this category. The last great official HMX DLC was the Jimmy Eat World Pack 02 in my books. RBN has put out good stuff though.
    This has to come down to just a question of musical taste. I can understand if it's just not your cup of tea, but calling Jimmy Eat World Pack 02 the last great pack and passing over the Bee Gees, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Billy Joel among others to call that great is a bit odd, to me.
  • wrebbitwrebbit Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Noooooooo I just bought Band on the Run last week...
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited December 2010
    Nothing for me this week, I'm afraid.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Still waiting on 'Live and Let Die'.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    meh. Band on the Run, that's it.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    YAY for more Siouxsie and the Banshees, BOO it wasn't a pack with at least Spellbound. Never really cared for Paul's stuff more than passively listening to it on the radio, but grats to those who wanted a studio version of live songs.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2010
    Sayburr;4234585 said:
    Usually HMX has a lot more diversity, but except for last week it has been almost all Classic Rock since launch... Personally, I love it because it is the music I grew up on so I am in hog heaven and tickled pink. I know my great run has to end soon though because HMX has never had such a long streak of the same genre.

I'm happy that people are getting theirs and it's not like there haven't been any tracks that I would download. I mean like 3-4 songs from my old RB3 lists have come out, but they're not really tracks I LOVE. But really HMX, diversity. I don't want all of my DLC to come from the same radio station.
    Ultrace;4234586 said:
    This has to come down to just a question of musical taste. I can understand if it's just not your cup of tea, but calling Jimmy Eat World Pack 02 the last great pack and passing over the Bee Gees, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Billy Joel among others to call that great is a bit odd, to me.

The Jimmy pack was the last great pack to me. The Skynyrd one was nice, one that I'll actually download probably but when I'm at home listening to music and the option is listen to Jimmy or listen to Skynyrd, it's going to be JEW 9 times out of 10. The Doors stuff was pretty sweet too I guess, but again it's the same deal as with Skynyrd. There have been a few other songs that are nice ("Subdivisions", "Stayin' Alive", "Bad Medicine") but nothing I'm really going to listen to much outside of RB3.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I love the Paul McCartney/Wings songs and I love "Cities In Dust". THAT was the song I wanted in the first Siouxsie pack. I'll have to do a voxkeys setlist of "Imagine" and "Maybe I'm Amazed" first thing Tuesday morning.
  • ElectricWankeryElectricWankery Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Always happy for more Siouxsie and the Banshees, but would love another pack with stuff like Happy House, Christine and Night Shift on it. Had to relisten to this pick again to remind myself and it's definitely a solid choice.
  • MalacandraMalacandra Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the Paul McCartney! But "Maybe I'm Amazed" doesn't rate a Pro Guitar track? But "Let Me Roll It" does? Really?
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2010
    Maybe I'm Amazed!

There must be licensing issues with Live and Let Die or something. This is the second chance to include it that they missed out on.
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I'll get Band on the Run and Maybe I'm Amazed (yes!).. then check out the others before deciding. Another good week.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Getting this and John. Still busy with Billy Joel and The Doors. HMX is kicking ASS!!!!!
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    At least they got the studio version of Band On The Run. I'll buy that and maybe some RBN once they tell us what they are...
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2010
    Where is the George Harrison dlc?
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    ^I got my mind set on George.