(Mar. 18 - 20, 2010) 4th Annual A&G Ohio Battle of the Bands [Cincinatti]

Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
edited March 2011 in Rock Band Events
With a past success of Rock Band tournaments at the convention A&G Ohio, National Qualifying Complimentary Breakfast have partnered with NGA Gaming
to bring you a mega CASH TOURNAMENT for you Rock Band fanatics.

The logistics are currently still in the final stages, and more information regarding on what exact day and time the tournament will be held on will be posted as soon as it is finalized within the coming weeks.

The final draft of the rules and costs are currently below, we are still throwing around the idea of PRO Drums being allowed, although there is some debate onto the balance of the tournament. As I said, any changes will be brought to your attention immediately. :D

For more information on A&G Ohio itself and badge prices, here is the convention's site: AandGOhio.com We hope to hear some input from you the players! This is, after all, a player's tournament (and a fantastic weekend of entertainment to boot)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Basic Rules

- Teams of 4 (Solo Vocals)
- No Pro Mode
- No Keys (Classic RB Game Play)
- Songs Allowed: On-Disk Songs of RB1, RB2, and RB3
- Seeding will take place anytime before the tournament.
- Single Elimination: Best of 3 songs (Played Simultaneously) (3rd song random)
- Highest Score wins the Song
- In the event of a tie, highest average percentage wins the song.

- Coin Flip determines song choice order
- - Finals: Best of 5 songs

Qualification/Seeding Rules:

- Speak to a Game Room staffer and ask him/her that you would like to qualify for the tournament.
- Your buy-in is due before you begin your qualification.
- A running list will be kept of all scores, and will be used to seed teams for the single elimination tournament.
- Any team not able to make it in time to be seeded will be seeded last.
- Song drafting begins promptly at 1:30

Song Selection Rules
- Songs will be "Drafted" before the first match.
-Song selection will "snake" between registered teams until each team has 7 songs.
- Once a song has been drafted, it is eliminated from the selection pool.
- Teams may use each drafted song only once during the tournament.
- A song cannot be played twice in the same series.

Misc.
- Entrance Fee: $40/ team
- Registration time and date: Friday (Mar 17th) all day, and Saturday (Mar. 18th) morning in the game room. Start time of the tournament is PROMPTLY 1:30 PM.
- Prizes: %80 of entrance fees for 1st place; %20 for 2nd place
- Prelim Rounds to take place in Game Room
- Finals in Atrium Stage

If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message on the forums! Thanks and See you in March 2011!

Comments

• obladerekobladerek Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Looks cool.
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Im in. As long as its semi close to Cincinnati. I need bandmates I guess. My GF is a sick singer.
    edited December 2010
    Well I just checked out the A & G homepage and the Holiday Inn that I think its supposed to be at is approximately 3 minutes from my house. So yeah, I'll be there for sure!!!
    edited December 2010
    BTW....you spelled Cincinnati wrong in the thread title. 2 n's...1 t.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    That's what I get for typing this out in the early morning. SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANY BENGALS FANS!
  • TheAntiChr1stTheAntiChr1st Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Squeak, you know we're going to get WRECKED right?
    edited December 2010
    Squ34K;4236309 said:
    That's what I get for typing this out in the early morning. SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANY BENGALS FANS!

As sad as it is I am a Bengals fan. No offense taken though.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    theantichr1st;4236427 said:
    squeak, you know we're going to get wrecked right?

"you play to win the game"
  • AssassinOfManyAssassinOfMany Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Im... a bit confused here. Do they mean Mar. 2011?
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Wow! Huge typo! Yes, this is for this coming March. I'll try and get this corrected ASAP
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    If anybody want to come but feels that they can't get a full band, let everybody know here! I'm sure there are a lot of people who are in your same boat.

UPDATE: Entrance fee will be raised to $40 per team barring any objections from you guys. This is to make the pot a lot greater, of course if anybody is opposed to this, go ahead and voice your opinion here. Again, we're just kicking around the idea.
  • htg123htg123 Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Color me intrigued, what day of the convention would this tournament take place?
    edited January 2011
    Im going but need to put a whole band together. Expert Drums here. I cant do pretty much any song except ones with blast beats. I've come to grips that I CANT do them. I just cant. I live approximately 7 minutes away from the venue so I will be there for sure. Hit me up if you need a drummer.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    htg123;4270692 said:
    Color me intrigued, what day of the convention would this tournament take place?

We're not quite sure yet HTG. The staff should be holding a meeting early next month to set up the time logistics of all of the tournaments. (We have Halo, SSF4, DDR, and Rock Band, as cash tournaments among a bunch of other smaller tourneys.) A ton to work out, but we want this to flow very nicely. If you could stay the whole weekend, it's worth it trust me. I'm not even much of a nerd, but some of my best memories are from here. Point is, I'll let you know ASAP. :)

A pro gamer knows how to roll.

Update: Entry fee has been changed to make an even larger pot.
  • sixpodsixpod Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    right now finals are 6:30pm on Saturday.
    in the past have done qualifiers on friday and then saturday morning pre-lims
  • Nightmare8Nightmare8 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    im going to be there probably playing drums
    edited February 2011
    Nightmare8;4279619 said:
    im going to be there probably playing drums

Wait...thats my job! :rolleyes:
  • htg123htg123 Opening Act
    edited February 2011
    Squ34K;4274717 said:
    We're not quite sure yet HTG. The staff should be holding a meeting early next month to set up the time logistics of all of the tournaments. (We have Halo, SSF4, DDR, and Rock Band, as cash tournaments among a bunch of other smaller tourneys.) A ton to work out, but we want this to flow very nicely. If you could stay the whole weekend, it's worth it trust me. I'm not even much of a nerd, but some of my best memories are from here. Point is, I'll let you know ASAP. :)

A pro gamer knows how to roll.

Update: Entry fee has been changed to make an even larger pot.

Well my band mates have normal jobs that require them to be there on friday till at least 10pm. Factor in driving from Michigan, we would not be able to compete. That's why I ask.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    We'll try and run the prelims that Saturday morning/early afternoon hopefully. There will be no formal qualification since seeding is random. When there is official word I will let you know.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Okay, so upon discussion, we've decided to have the tournament be single elimination but with a seeding process (for time's sake). I added the qualification/seeding process to the rules.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Bump, with an update (see above) and the day and time is now available.
  • obsolete316obsolete316 Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    Chuck_Fiasco;4237435 said:
    As sad as it is I am a Bengals fan. No offense taken though.
    Well I live near the columbus area. I have a few people comin for this tourny. Look out for us! We just need a singer. Chuck, we need your singer! lol :cool: The rest of the band is stacked! Shizz96, SivaGeist, obsolete316.....(singer needed). Shizz might not be able to drum, depending on if he has to race that weekend. So we might need a drummer too. I have 30 people on my PSN wanting to come drum. We'll have an amazing full band regardless. I'm just spreading the word that we will be there. We went to the Atlantic City Total Rock Total Rewards tourny last year as Morning or Mourning. I am no longer part of that band. It is now, Gray Bush, :o . This tourny being total score based and no dancing or bull crap is awesome. We will actually see how good everyone is. Can't wait to dominate in this tourny! Oh, check out the awesome Hockey Theme FBFC we did last night. Johnny is amazing on drums....pure awesomeness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr5baBwDW8s
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited February 2011
    People wanted a fair, competitive rules set for this game, and here it is. Just sayin'.

Glad to see you guys coming.
  • TheAntiChr1stTheAntiChr1st Opening Act
    edited March 2011
    obsolete316;4297672 said:
    can't wait to dominate in this tourny!

lol

We went to TRTR too.....
  • SonicM88SonicM88 Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    i'm struggling to find the exact address of where this is taking place. could you please post that somewhere or direct me as to where i can find it posted already? also, i just recently found out about this and can't pre register. what are the chances of being able to get in on friday?
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    SonicM88;4327215 said:
    i'm struggling to find the exact address of where this is taking place. could you please post that somewhere or direct me as to where i can find it posted already? also, i just recently found out about this and can't pre register. what are the chances of being able to get in on friday?

Holiday Inn Eastgate
    4501 Eastgate Blvd.
    Cincinnati, OH. 45245

There's the address, and you will be able to get a badge at the door, yes. There should be no problems. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Alright guys, we're going to be having the option of using a real 5 piece drum kit, a standard RB2 kit, or your own equipment if you would want to bring it, for drums or guitars. Feel free to bring your own if you want; it will just have to be checked in by a staffer or myself before the tournament.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    ^ Oh and an Ion too, of course. Derp.
  • Squ34KSqu34K Unsigned
    edited March 2011
    Alright everybody, remember, qualifying will start sometime late Friday, up until the tournament on Saturday. Just ask a game room staffer that your team wants to qualify to be seeded!