Looking for Rock Band 3 Hardware?

HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
edited November 2013 in Rock Band
Hey Guys:

Our friends at MadCatz wanted us to post the following writeup about Hardware Availability. They'll be monitoring this thread.

Love,
HMXJohnD

Hey Guys,

We know that, due to high demand for certain products, some of you are finding it difficult to locate the Rock Band 3 hardware in stores. We know how frustrating that can be, so we’re sorry for the inconvenience. We are bringing inventory into all territories as quickly as we can, but in the meantime, here are some suggestions to get you rocking this holiday season:

If you’re searching stores in North America, GameStop is the best place to start. They carry every product in the Mad Catz Rock Band 3 line in their catalog. Across North America, they have stock of Stratocasters, Microphones and Wireless Drum Kits (a lot of this is available on their site). If you try your local store and they don’t have the item you want, ask if they can order it for you, or check another store for availability.

Other retailers you should consider are Sam's Club, Kmart and Wal-Mart for Xbox 360 and Wii Keyboard bundles, Fry's for Microphones and Wireless Drum Kits, and Best Buy stores which have keyboards for all platforms and limited stock of the Pro Cymbal Expansion Kits Before you head to your local store, we recommend you.call or check online. Since restocking is a rolling process, people who don’t have an item one day may have a handful the next.

For those of you in the US and some EU territories, the Mad Catz store at Game Shark is another good resource. We’re constantly update quantities based on what you’re all asking for and even running a few specials. For example, the new Rock Band 3 cymbals have proven very popular, so availability is an important issue to address. We’re busy bringing more triple cymbal packs to store shelves, but the Mad Catz online store is offering a combo pack of the Rock Band 2 Double Cymbal and Single Cymbal (giving you all three cymbals) for just $29.99, instead of the regular $49.99 price.

We’re doing everything we can to help get more product in your hands as soon as humanly possible. If you speak with retailers who are out of stock, let them know that they should order more! We value your patience and your desire to rock and hope you have the happiest of holidays!

Yours,
MadCatz

***HMX EDIT 11/23***

Mad Catz has announced more details on the re release of Rock Band 3 scheduled for this holiday. Follow the link below for more information on hardware bundles, pricing and availability.

RB3 Re release press release from 11/23

They've also informed us that RB3 drum kits are now back in stock on the Mad Catz site and can be ordered by clicking here.

***HMX EDIT 5/15***

We just got word from Mad Catz that they're taking pre orders on another run of RB3 Pro Drum Kits w/ Cymbals for the Xbox 360! These should be available in early July.

Here are some links:

US Store - http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=323
Canadian Store - http://gamesharkstore.ca/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4822&idCategory=323

Comments

• HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
    edited December 2010
    So that's some good advice as to where you can look around for hardware. We think that the Mad Catz hardware is the best, but we also know that the holiday season brings crazy sales on back stock. If you're really geared up to get your full band on, don't forget that you can buy compatible hardware and Rock Band 3 software!

To check what instruments work with Rock Band, head over to the compatibility chart. While this won't solve the search for those of you looking for new Pro Hardware, it might help out those new fans joining the world of band games!

Rock on,
    HMXJohnD

PS. I think it's cool that Mad Catz is taking the time to try to steer people in the right direction. They know that there are shortages and they're taking steps to address them. Please keep the discussion civil, constructive and informative, cool?
  • Joker_2010Joker_2010 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    All that information and not a word on where to find the Xbox Midi Pro box that everyone has been waiting months for....
  • blastissimo218blastissimo218 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I think the only place you can find Pro Midi Adapters is Best Buy. I searched for it online, and the only place that has it listed is Best Buy.

Edit: Nevermind, I can't find the xbox brand.
  • JinomotoJinomoto Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    "OH MAN.... YOU SEEM TO HAVE ROCKED TOO HARD." I believe the link has an extra slash at the end that causes it not to work, because the same URL without that last slash works. Anyway, glad to hear MadCatz isn't completely unaware of the hardware shortage, because here in Canada keyboards appear to be obscenely rare since launch! :D
  • Big0neBig0ne Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I was just at a Fry's Electonics and they had an impressive amount of RB gear in stock on the shelf.
  • Toyou4youToyou4you Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    is there anything that can allow me to play Rock Band 3 pro with my own electric guitar
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    edited December 2010
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    HMXJohnD;4236150 said:
    PS. I think it's cool that Mad Catz is taking the time to try to steer people in the right direction.

I am sorry, but they left it till the last moment to tell anyone that the 360 midi-pro adapters (MPA) will not be in stock anywhere until the new year. The wife and I keep to a budget for the kids x-mas presents and I really wanted to get him a MPA for Wii and RB3 because he is learning to play keys. Was hoping this will stop him getting bored of it too quickly. Due to the lack of information on product availability the wife bought him a DSi XL instead. 2 days later the UK GameShark had the Wii MPA but too late, you have lost a sale.

I will still keep my pre-order 360 MPA but I am greatly disappointed in the lack of communication on hardware availability. MadCatz needs to address how they handle their PR. The recent emu trend by both MadCatz and HMX is most disturbing at the moment. Hopefully with the sale complete we will get more informative information and not just a "Coming Soon" message.
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited December 2010
    Why nothing about the Xbox360 MIDI Pro adapter? The Fender will be out soon and there is no adapter. Madcatz has been all excuses, they knew they where making these items almost a year ago and we have limited supplies and 0 supply of some items.

Harmonix in the future please pick someone else to make periphs, this should be a well learned lesson.
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Get a new hardware maker.
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    That is quite helpful.
  • MadCatzMadCatz MadCatz Global PR Manager
    edited December 2010
    Hey Guys, my name is Alex, the Global PR Manager for Mad Catz. I actually wrote the first post which our buddies at Harmonix posted for us. Guys, I get the frustration but believe it or not, we DO care and we ARE listening. You're right, we don't speak up enough on the forums, something I am working hard to change but please realise that speaking for myself, I look after EVERY product in the Mad Catz range (Not just Rock Band) and also cover every territory. I know this doesn't help you and it's not an excuse merely an explanation. I promise to try and post a little more often through. I'm a hardcore RB gamer myself, I care deeply about the franchise AND the fans. So, let's talk a little more on the Midi Pro. It's probably the number one question I get asked at the moment. The Adapter IS now hitting stores on PS3 and Wii across every major territory. It's proven a real technical challenge to get 100% right and we wanted to take our time with this and make sure we got it right. We believe we have and I personally believe this is one awesome product. More stock is arriving continually both in stores and online. Keep checking your retailer of choice (They will have more up to date info than I). Also keep checking the gamesharkstore for more stock. Again, we ARE trying to make sure we get as much stock out as quickly as possible and I am so sorry to any of you who didn't manage to get one in time for Christmas. A very small amount of 360 stock has shipped to Best Buy. The 360 stock will be ramping up soon and should be freely available within the next couple of weeks, plenty of time for the Fender Stat. For various reasons, large amounts of the 360 stock is running a little behind the Wii and PS3 versions but rest assured, they ARE coming. So there we go. I'm trying to be honest and open with you all and will try and answer any serious or constructive questions you have. Until then, Happy Holidays to you all and thanks for reading.
  • KlodrikKlodrik Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    All I want is Rock Band products in Norwegian stores. I have yet to see anything other than the rare game when I visit game shops.
    Ordering gear from Gameshark is also useless because they don't send to Norway. And if they did, it would be hella expensive because of taxes on anything over 20 pounds.
    So I really hope you bring some products to Scandinavia. The customers are there but they have got nothing to buy.
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited December 2010
    Madcatz how hard is it to put a date on a item? Apple gets BILLIONS of products made in China and can tell you the exact date of arrival on them. I'm sorry but you're blowing smoke up our you know whats. We're being lied to a decieved by you guys. You promised "before christmas" Well that's over with now isn't it. Maybe you meant NEXT christmas.

I'm done with Madcatz and Harmonix. This was a total failure and both companies are to blame for this all.

What's coming in RB4 a game without a disc because the company can't press one LOL....pathetic.

All we see is PR BS....not the truth, lies to make you believe the product is coming.

Madcatz here, I'm being direct and to the point.

Is it true Microsoft halted the sale of the MIDI adapted because Madcatz has no authorization to make a 3rd party controller for Xbox360 and therfore the MIDI adapter will never be released in retail outlets. This is the rumor going around and it's sure looking true considering you've had a year to produce this item and failed at that.
  • Bluray is BestBluray is Best Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    wickedbadz,

Madcatz has already released 2 separate RB related 3rd party controllers for Xbox360
  • Al_DagsAl_Dags Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    There is nothing about this thread that makes me feel any better about the way Harmonic has handled the launch of RB3. For a consumer that has spent over $3000.00 on the RB franchise, this has been a major disappointment.

As for Mad Catz I have never had a good experience with them from product to support so I'm not even surprised on how they are dealing with this. The sad part is I am forced to play pro drums on my old plastic drum set while I sit and stare at my real kit waiting for the pro adaptor.

At least the Fender managed expectation with the launch date with some type of communication early on and not waited till last minute to put out PR BS.

Nothing can be done to change it but it would be nice to hear a proper confession from all parties involved. The high demand comment is a slap in the face when there was no stock to begin with.

It's getting harder and harder to be a fanboy when I can't even use my investment. Not gone but slowly slipping away.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Just so you guys know, newegg.com is showing the PS3 and Wii adapters as in stock and the 360 adapter as releasing 12/31. Buy.com has the PS3 adapter in stock. I just ordered mine from newegg, so it should be here months before my Squier gets here.
  • Toyou4youToyou4you Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I want a converter that let's me use my own guitar so i don't have to use a damn squire
  • deeplennondeeplennon Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Toyou4you;4237075 said:
    I want a converter that let's me use my own guitar so i don't have to use a damn squire

Good luck with that. Unless of course the neck of your guitar has fret sensors (and all the other RB proprietary electronics) which of course it does right?
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    zerofan;4236497 said:
    That is quite helpful.

I second that.
  • DeadManDrummingDeadManDrumming Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    As for support. Maybe I will be flamed as Fanboyish, but I had better CS with Madcatz for my Pro guitar than I did with Best buy. As for product reliability. Well....EA sucks. Drums break all the time which is why I switched to ION, and the same with guitars. Yeah I know some people had great experiences with, but I have about 3 broken guitars. At about lets say 60 bucks a pop or so it was getting to be more expansive than the game.

As for shipping. Have we ever had a decent launch with EA or Madcatz? Our launches SUCK and it needs to be fixed, but other than timing the hardware itself is quite a bit better (Have NOT tried standard RB3 Guitar).

Dance Central must have been a godsend for Harmonix to develop for. Nothing but the Kinect hardware wise lol.
  • DeinBaerDeinBaer Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Klodrik;4236575 said:
    All I want is Rock Band products in Norwegian stores. I have yet to see anything other than the rare game when I visit game shops. (..)
    So I really hope you bring some products to Scandinavia. The customers are there but they have got nothing to buy.

When I visited Stockholm in mid November I was surprised to see no Rock Band stuff at all at a local game store. Of course I hoped to pick up the Mustang Pro Guitar a bit earlier than in Germany.
    I am thankful I got it in the meantime.
    edited December 2010
    Very unlikely, as I have the keyboard and Mustang for xbox, which are xbox controllers. You tell me they manage to authorize these two and don't get the adapter through?
    edited December 2010
    Blasteroids;4236391 said:
    I am sorry, but they left it till the last moment to tell anyone that the 360 midi-pro adapters (MPA) will not be in stock anywhere until the new year.
    German Amazon lists mine for February. The date will likely change a couple of times until then, as it did in the past.
    edited December 2010
    MadCatz;4236503 said:
    Hey Guys, my name is Alex, the Global PR Manager for Mad Catz. I actually wrote the first post which our buddies at Harmonix posted for us. Guys, I get the frustration but believe it or not, we DO care and we ARE listening.

Hi Alex thanks for posting. What can I say, you probably will have kicked yourselves hard enough because of lost RB3 release day and christmas sales opportunities.
    I was happy enough to get my keyboard and Mustang before christmas, though it strained my nerves. Others were not that happy.

Glad to see that demo stations with the Squier and Midi Box are popping up in the US. I have yet to see a RB3 demo station in Germany.
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    The problem in europe is not only that hardware is rare, but that it is sold in places only few people are willing to buy at. I got my instruments, but a lot of my friends and colleges have given up waiting for hardware. it is a pain that amazon sends you delay-mail about every third day with fantasy-release dates. specially for the MIDI adapter that a lot of drummers are still waiting for.

On top of that, many germans don't like to buy expensive hardware like pro intruments online, Not even on Amazon. No, they wanna go to their tech stores like Media Markt and Saturn and want to buy it there. If they don't find it there, they rather don't buy at all since they feel like being customers of second class.

I don't know why they are so unflexible, but fact is fact. If Mad Cats wants to support rock band 3 in germany and wants hardware slod, then they MUST get their stuff into local stores. It is also a matter of presence and of a lack of credit cards among younger players and stuff like that. They wont buy at MC / Saitec online stores either.
    So act or die, dear people from Mad Catz.
    Sorry , can't change it. It's not my fault.
    edited December 2010
    karaokefreak;4237205 said:
    The problem in europe is not only that hardware is rare, but that it is sold in places only few people are willing to buy at. (..)

On top of that, many germans don't like to buy expensive hardware like pro intruments online, Not even on Amazon. No, they wanna go to their tech stores like Media Markt and Saturn and want to buy it there. (..)

If I were MadCatz / Saitek, I would try to get into music stores as well.
    Please consider to get your gear to Thomann http://www.thomann.de
    They are a large store and online shop and very popular among German musicians.
    As they sell lots of Fender and Squier instruments, they hopefully get the Fender Squier RB3 guitar /controller too.
  • Joker_2010Joker_2010 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I have had my pre-order since October waiting for Amazon to list the Xbox Midi Pro adapter as active. Today is the release date based on their website only to log on to find out it is out of stock. From what I read in the previous emails Best Buy is the only company getting them early and they don't even have any stock. When they check the RSS system nobody local is getting them. What a crock of ****. Total fail on Mad Catz part. I have the keyboard, pro guitar and no drums!!! I would suggest the next time a feature is advertised to make people want to by the new version you hold off on the release of the software until the mfg's can make the product!!!
  • N3gerKattenN3gerKatten Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    This is just a big pile of ****..
  • blingdomepieceblingdomepiece Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I would agree that the initial distribution to Canada was weak. However I would also say that if you wanted to be able to play pro stuff and put in a little work, you could do it by now. I've got the Madcatz keyboard and the Fender Mustang, had the former for seven weeks and the latter for the last three weeks. I also have a 3rd party MIDI adapter for my e-kit and such adapters have existed since before the RB3 days. While it's true that delays are off-putting, at some point when people continually complain but don't do something to fix the problem, you have to assume they just like complaining.

As for ripping on Madcatz, the Mustang is pretty nice. Based on the early feedback I'm seeing on the Squier, the Mustang actually might be the more reliable controller of the two. The keyboard, while superfluous to those of us who already own them, comes in at an impressive price point. It's been a tough release for all parties, between the game bugs, the Madcatz HW availability, and the Squier availability. Obviously they needed more time and everyone is doing their best with the situation that exists now. I don't see what problems will get solved by flaming MC or HMX at this point.