Looking for Rock Band 3 Hardware?

Comments

• BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Hello Jeff,

I hope Alex is well. Hopefully he did not quit or has had a nervous breakdown due to the "pressure" he was under from all the MadCatz business divisions that he has to deal with, since he likes to tell us how much work he has.

Anyway, it is nice that the US market is getting some units in their distribution channels. I am sure those in the US are very thankful for this news. So how about the EU market? Are we going to have to wait much longer? Do you know what allocation of units we are expected to get, or even when we are likely to see even 1 unit this side of the pond?

Kind Regards,

-Blasteroids
  • MadCatzMadCatz MadCatz Global PR Manager
    edited January 2011
    Blasteroids;4252799 said:
    Hello Jeff,

I hope Alex is well. Hopefully he did not quit or has had a nervous breakdown due to the "pressure" he was under from all the MadCatz business divisions that he has to deal with, since he likes to tell us how much work he has.

Anyway, it is nice that the US market is getting some units in their distribution channels. I am sure those in the US are very thankful for this news. So how about the EU market? Are we going to have to wait much longer? Do you know what allocation of units we are expected to get, or even when we are likely to see even 1 unit this side of the pond?

Kind Regards,

-Blasteroids

Hi Blasteroids,

Alex is doing fine, but with the workload he has, he's unable to speak with the RB community as much as he would like, which is why I'll be helping out moving forward.

To address your question, I currently have no visibility into stock allocations for the European territorities, but I can investigate this with our counterparts across the pond and try to obtain better dates as to when the adaptor will become available there. I'll post an update when I can get this information. My apologies on the lack of information in the meantime... :(
  • reweissreweiss Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    MadCatz;4252781 said:
    Hi All,

This is Jeff, Community and Marketing Manager here at Mad Catz. I'll be here posting news and updates on Alex Verrey's behalf concerning Mad Catz hardware and peripherals, and I hope to help address any concerns or questions the Rock Band Community has on our Mad Catz accessories.

I have good news concerning the availability on the Xbox 360 MIDI PRO-Adapters that many of you have been waiting for. We expect 1,000 units to arrive to our US distribution center mid-next week, with another 3,000 to follow the next week to distribute and sell. Regular shipments of the Xbox 360 MIDI PRO-Adapters will also follow in the subsequent weeks, so Mad Catz is on schedule to release the Adaptor to our US customers by the month's end.

Details on the initial store allocations are still pending, but I will update this post when this has been finalized.

I hope this will help alleviate some of the concerns and frustrations over when this accessory is finally becoming available. If you have any questions or comments, please reply or feel free to send me a private message through the forums messenger.

Thank you Jeff.

Right now Amazon is still showing the status of my XBox Pro Adapter order shipping March 3rd. Any idea when your vendors will know about the new dates?
  • MadCatzMadCatz MadCatz Global PR Manager
    edited January 2011
    reweiss;4252903 said:
    Thank you Jeff.

Right now Amazon is still showing the status of my XBox Pro Adapter order shipping March 3rd. Any idea when your vendors will know about the new dates?

Mad Catz is still determining the exact allocations to our vendors and distributors, so it's no surprise that ship dates have remained unchanged on their sites. Once the allocations are finalized, I'm certain those vendors will have more accurate dates to give you. I'm hoping to give you all an update on the vendor allocations once this is determined.
  • maek314maek314 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    alexuconn57;4245593 said:
    To Alex of MadCatz,

I was wondering if you had any information on when non faulty pro drum kits will be available to the masses. I received one for x-mas and all three cymbals double hit. I then called madcatz customer support and they said that it was a singular "bad batch" and want me to pay to ship it to madcatz even though it is madcatz fault. If you want your image to change, start with better customer service on warranties. Back when rockband took care of warranty stuff, I never had to pay for shipping.

Wow...a "singular bad batch." Must be a PRETTY BIG BAD BATCH then. I had ONE bad cymbal out of three that I needed to get replaced. Must have been PART of that bad batch. Or maybe part of a singular instance of POOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • alexuconn57alexuconn57 Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Jeff,

Can you please let us know when non faulty drums will hit stores? I know the majority of the focus is on the adapters, but for all the drummers out there, we are feeling slighted here.

Thanks
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited January 2011
    More smoke up our butts off Madcatz....can't you people be honest once? Just admit you don't got a clue where the adapters are or when they'll be released because your company totally blew this all. Lying to us makes it worse, tell us the truth we can handle it.

First Alex said "We don't want to release something that's not perfect"
    Then it changed to we're waiting on a shipment right now.
    Now it's we'll look into this and let you know.

You've had a year to make these items....wtf is the holdup here? Aren't the 12yo's working enough hours in China for ya's or what?
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Just tried to order a MIDI adaptor from best buy since I already have my Squire on order from them. It says that its only available for in-store pick up and no stores in the whole metropolitan area or Minneapolis and Saint Paul, MN have any convertors. Dissapointing. I just hope they make it available before my Fender strat arrives.
    edited January 2011
    MadCatz;4252839 said:
    *snip* better dates as to when the adaptor will become available there. I'll post an update when I can get this information. My apologies on the lack of information in the meantime... :(

Thank you for taking the time to respond. If you can give us any information, then that would be a vast improvement that the GameShark UK Helpline and e-mail support. The only thing people who managed to get a reply/answer have got is "We do not know, check website for latest information.", which is pretty unprofessional for a company that relies on sales.

Hopefully you can help.
  • DeinBaerDeinBaer Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    wickedbadz;4253393 said:
    Just admit you don't got a clue where the adapters are.

I guess the gear is shipped via container and ship transport. It would be interesting to know if such cargos can be tracked by customers.

Probably causes for delay might be
    - engine failures
    - strikes
    - Somali pirates with a weakness for music gaming
    edited January 2011
    Blasteroids;4252799 said:

Meanie!
    edited January 2011
    Hi Jeff,

thanks for joining!
    edited January 2011
    Blasteroids;4253533 said:
    that would be a vast improvement that the GameShark UK Helpline and e-mail support.

I called the German distributor Saitek around RB3 launch date and was indeed surprised to get redirected to my vendor amazon.de for more information.

Well, the phone talk began with me explaining them what funky peripherals they are supposed to sell very soon, so I expected not too much from the rest of the talk anyway. :)
  • PlexShawPlexShaw Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    DeinBaer;4253561 said:
    I guess the gear is shipped via container and ship transport. It would be interesting to know if such cargos can be tracked by customers.

Probably causes for delay might be
    - engine failures
    - strikes
    - Somali pirates with a weakness for music gaming

Or Space Monkeys. Never underestimate them or their super powers.
  • edited January 2011
    wickedbadz;4253393 said:
    More smoke up our butts off Madcatz....can't you people be honest once? Just admit you don't got a clue where the adapters are or when they'll be released because your company totally blew this all. Lying to us makes it worse, tell us the truth we can handle it.
    When someone from MadCatz takes the time to come to the forums on our invitation, as a response to the requests of the community, the absolute least you can do is show them some measure of respect for taking the requests of the community seriously.

You may not like the answers that they give, but please respect the fact that they're making the effort to come here and not call them liars when they post in attempt to help. It's honestly not going to encourage them to post any more frequently or more openly. They'll post when they are able, provide shipping estimates and quantities when they are able and they'll do so because they obviously want you to get your hands on this awesome new hardware they've put together and because they have no good reason to lie to you.
    edited January 2011
    hmxhenry;4253701 said:
    When someone from MadCatz takes the time to come to the forums on our invitation, as a response to the requests of the community, the absolute least you can do is show them some measure of respect for taking the requests of the community seriously.

I agree completely.
    Please don't misuse your hiding behind an alias (me included) to take out the flame thrower. Stay constructive. Humor is fine as well to deal with the situation.
  • magicfrmagicfr Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Hello,

Just a few word to say that in France ( Europe ) we can't find the midi adapter pro for X360 anywhere....

Cheers
  • ZechmanZechman Rising Star
    edited January 2011
    Today I got an email from Amazon telling me that my MPA360 ordered on October 9 is estimated to arrive between 3/7/11 and 3/11/11.

--Dwayne
  • twilight klaastwilight klaas Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Zechman;4254298 said:
    Today I got an email from Amazon telling me that my MPA360 ordered on October 9 is estimated to arrive between 3/7/11 and 3/11/11.

--Dwayne

I got the same update yesterday. Hopefully it will ship sooner than that! Or we'll have our guitars and not be able to play them with the game, lame. I think Jeff said he'll update shipping info next week so there is hope...
    I ordered the silly thing back in October.
  • bobsyerunclebobsyeruncle Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    Heh. I got my PS3 MIDI pro adapter just yesterday from Amazon (another vendor actually shipped it). I haven't seen it in the stores, yet. :) I got the other peripherals from Best Buy a week before Christmas.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    magicfr;4254259 said:
    Hello,

Just a few word to say that in France ( Europe ) we can't find the midi adapter pro for X360 anywhere....

Cheers

yea dont expect them for 6 months to a year...... the U.S. hasn't even gotten a big enough supply to take care of most pre-orders, so you guys will be waiting for ever........
    edited January 2011
    magicfr;4254259 said:
    Hello,

Cheers

yea dont expect them for 6 months to a year...... the U.S. hasn't even gotten a big enough supply to take care of most pre-orders, so you guys will be waiting for ever........
    edited January 2011
    MadCatz;4252839 said:
    I can investigate this with our counterparts across the pond and try to obtain better dates as to when the adaptor will become available there. I'll post an update when I can get this information. My apologies on the lack of information in the meantime... :(

Hi Jeff,

Have you had any luck in getting in contact with the relevant persons in the EU?

Regards,

-Blasteroids
  • wickedbadzwickedbadz Banned
    edited January 2011
    I'll tell you the answer when the items are coming 4 to 6 months after release of the game, if you're lucky. Nice job Harmonix and Madcatz. Both failures. Harmonix should be sued for advertising a game with items that aren't even being produced or available to people and Madcatz sued for botching this entire thing.

Good luck selling Rock Band 4, you won't sell 12 copies after all these issues. Hardware is only half of it, the game has thousands of bugs which are unaddressed or corrected. It's obvious Harmonix has gone down the drain. I sorta figured they had when Madcatz was announced for making the instruments, well lack of instruments I should say.

Madcatz doesn't care and it's obvious Harmonix doesn't give a crap either after HMXHenry's post defending a failing company and acting like it's not big deal. I guess to him it's not, he has items to play the game so why should he care how we all feel.

Madcatz has this huge announcement on their website about RB3 items in stock. It's a few weeks old, the MIDI Adapter for Xbox360 has never been in stock there. More lies....nothing but lies off both companies.....great PR!!! Keep up the good work, piss off the customers and keep BS'n them. When you guys running for President or Congress you'd fit right in.
    edited January 2011
    wickedbadz;4256390 said:
    I'll tell you the answer when the items are coming 4 to 6 months after release of the game, if you're lucky. Nice job Harmonix and Madcatz. Both failures. Harmonix should be sued for advertising a game with items that aren't even being produced or available to people and Madcatz sued for botching this entire thing.

Good luck selling Rock Band 4, you won't sell 12 copies after all these issues. Hardware is only half of it, the game has thousands of bugs which are unaddressed or corrected. It's obvious Harmonix has gone down the drain. I sorta figured they had when Madcatz was announced for making the instruments, well lack of instruments I should say.

Madcatz doesn't care and it's obvious Harmonix doesn't give a crap either after HMXHenry's post defending a failing company and acting like it's not big deal. I guess to him it's not, he has items to play the game so why should he care how we all feel.

Madcatz has this huge announcement on their website about RB3 items in stock. It's a few weeks old, the MIDI Adapter for Xbox360 has never been in stock there. More lies....nothing but lies off both companies.....great PR!!! Keep up the good work, piss off the customers and keep BS'n them. When you guys running for President or Congress you'd fit right in.

now i do agree with you about madcaz but harmonix has some excuses they have been busy enjoying the holidays, and then getting sold at the same time so they had that to worry about, and i know you might not of though of this but patching a game takes a lot of work you have to figure out what exactly is the problem with the game, and then create a patch and then sent it to Microsoft and Sony for approval, and they HAVE been releasing small updates along the way. Im sure they would of preferred to continue fixing rock band 3 until all the issues had been resolved but did not have the tie due to viacom pushing them along so they could release the game and sell harmonix ASAP
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    wickedbadz;4256390 said:
    (raving)
    Nice rant. I had one of each pro instrument within 2 months of the game's release, even though they aren't plentiful in supply, I was able to shop locally and online to find them. I hardly consider this as the instruments being "not produced". Your post in general is wildly unrealistic, especially the "thousands of bugs" and "rb4 will sell less than 12 copies". There aren't grounds to sue either company either, in case you thought that was a valid thing to say.
  • princessjessa13princessjessa13 Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    Hey, does anyone know about the availability of the Squier pro-guitar controller in Canada? We have a Best Buy here, but they don't seem to be running with the same deals as the American one.
  • kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited January 2011
    princessjessa13;4256781 said:
    Hey, does anyone know about the availability of the Squier pro-guitar controller in Canada? We have a Best Buy here, but they don't seem to be running with the same deals as the American one.

I read a post, not 100% sure where, but, the poster talked to Fender who told him Fenders regular retailers would be able to order the Squier and supply to the masses, after the U.S. Best Buy pre-order deal is done. I believe that is Mar 1, 2011.

I'll look for the post and reply when I find it.

Found post : http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213187
    edited January 2011
    More 360 MPA apparently out end of Jan to Amazon/GameShark/Etc : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3REVjHjJ9B0

Obviously this is going to be US dates, so us in the EU are still left in the dark. Guess I should now keep an eye on Amazon.com and place an international order when they appear in stock, since it looks like the only way of me getting hold of one :(
  • PlexShawPlexShaw Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Blasteroids;4257079 said:
    Guess I should now keep an eye on Amazon.com and place an international order when they appear in stock, since it looks like the only way of me getting hold of one :(

Yeah, at this stage, that's what I'd do. And Amazon is as good a place as any to get it if my experience of ordering a Mustang Pro from them and it arriving in the UK 2 days later is anything to go by.