The Year 2011 and the sounds it makes.

afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
edited March 2012 in History of Rock
The new Deerhoof just leaked, so I reckon it's time to open shop in here.

Comments

• KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I'm pretty excited for CAKE's Showroom of Compassion. It sounds pretty promising.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited December 2010
    i don't really feel the james blake album. I just get tired of it.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited December 2010
    i heard rumors of new alcest planned for this year....i can only assume towards the tail-end, however.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited December 2010
    New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb... New Onslaught album in Feb...
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    I would have loved for several of the James Blake LP's songs to have been cut to make a nice EP.
    If nothing else Wilhelms Scream is probably the best song I've heard from any 2011 leaks at this point.
  • Rocket2RussiaRocket2Russia Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    afterstasis;4238269 said:
    I would have loved for several of the James Blake LP's songs to have been cut to make a nice EP.
    If nothing else Wilhelms Scream is probably the best song I've heard from any 2011 leaks at this point.

Yeah, it drops off a bit after "Limit to Your Love", but I never thought it dropped down far enough to be considered anywhere under a 3.5-4.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Rumor has it that Einherjer is releasing a new album for Spring 2011. If this hods true, it'll be awesome.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited December 2010
    Looking forward to Gorguts, Graveyard, Hibria, and Wolf off the top of my head. I'll have to look around a bit to see what other albums of interest are going to be released in 2011.

Edit: Just saw that Ulcerate has a new album in addition to Razorwyre's full-length debut after an outstanding EP last year. Very excited for both, especially the latter.
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited December 2010
    I hope the Smith Westerns album is good.
    edited December 2010
    I'm obviously trying my best not to think of the upcoming Mountain Goats album.
    Also expecting something big from AWK.
  • Mystlyfe77Mystlyfe77 Big Fan
    edited December 2010
    Off the top of my head:

Amebix
    Eyehategod
    Autopsy
    Toxic Holocaust
    Opeth
    Death Breath
    Neurosis
    RSG
    Ulver
    Krallice
    Shining
    Petrychor
    Altar of Plagues
    Pentagram
    Gorgoroth
    Wormrot
    Rotten Sound
    Vader
    Amon Amarth
    Symphony X
    Bastard Sapling
    Vreid
    Cro-Mags
    Cynic
    Wolves in the Throne Room (maybe?)
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I've read that there will be new Pig Destroyer sometime in 2011.
    edited December 2010
    I'm wary of new Amebix, but it would be so cool if they actually pull off one worthy to their name.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Converge started recording after this years tour, almost positive it's due out in '11
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited December 2010
    LegendofRock3021;4238829 said:
    Looking forward to Gorguts...

Woah woah woah for real?
    edited December 2010
    WhiffleBallTony;4239358 said:
    Woah woah woah for real?

Yup, their myspace page has the following:
    In the summer of 2008 Luc decided to do a new record to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the band. The idea for the new line-up came together after the suggestion from my longtime partner in crime, Steeve Hurdle. One evening after a NEGATIVA rehearsal, Steeve brought up the fact that 2009 being the 20th anniversary of GORGUTS, it would be nice for me to give to the fans a new record!!! I immediately loved the idea, and not long after, I started writing material for this record. Then I got in touch with John Longstreth (ORIGIN, DIM MAK), and John said yes right away! John and I have been writing to each other for a few years, and we both had back then the intention of doing some kind of musical project together. Then I knew from square one that I wanted to have Colin Marston on bass. Big Steeve showed me some DYSRHYTHMIA videos…. that's how I got blown away by the playing and musical style of Kevin Huffnagel! At my big surprise, they both agreed to be part of my next record!!!!

The new GORGUTS record is expected early 2011.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited December 2010
    LegendofRock3021;4239371 said:
    Yup, their myspace page has the following:

Wow. Can't believe I hadn't heard about this. Damn excited now.
    edited December 2010
    afterstasis;4238873 said:
    I'm wary of new Amebix, but it would be so cool if they actually pull off one worthy to their name.
    I think it'll still be awesome. Different production value/style is the biggest risk, imo.

My friend's also promoting the album, so I'm kinda biased and she'll probably beat me if I say anything bad about Amebix.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    The only thing I know that's coming out that is of big importance to me is that Mountain Goats album. I'm really bad at keeping up on new releases.
  • berkthgarberkthgar Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    New Opeth and Mountain Goats are the big ones for me next year.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    Mystlyfe77;4238858 said:
    Cro-Mags

They're still making music?
    edited December 2010
    clashcityrocker10;4239736 said:
    The only thing I know that's coming out that is of big importance to me is that Mountain Goats album. I'm really bad at keeping up on new releases.

I forgot about the new Mountain Goats album, I'm not so great at keeping up with new stuff as well.
    Ultimatum;4241411 said:
    They're still making music?

I had no idea as well, I'll look into it for sure.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    I honestly don't know what to expect from them, I'll keep my hopes low though I can't help but be excited.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Ultimatum;4241673 said:
    I honestly don't know what to expect from them, I'll keep my hopes low though I can't help but be excited.

I did a quick Google search, all I could find out about it (from Wikipedia) is that, if it is released, it's supposed to be called Hardcore Hair Plugs. I'm really not looking forward to it too much, if it is happening.
    edited December 2010
    Ultimatum;4241673 said:

Yeah, I don't have high expectations for it myself, but something new is somewhat intriguing.
    edited December 2010
    Everyone was ****ting themselves over the new Atheist album in 2010, and that turned out to be a giant pile of suck. I guess people have more tempered expectations for 2011. :P
    edited December 2010
    I guess one could say Atheist's new LP turned us all into a bunch of.....Cynics.

Nyuckanyuckanyucka!
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    I just listened to both Age of Quarrel and Best Wishes. I don't expect anything of that caliber again, but a simple, kick you in the face, thrashy hardcore album shouldn't be too hard to create.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Only albums I am immediately looking forward to are the new TMG, Decemberists, and Opeth stuff.