Cost of Lego RB export : Xbox 360

bauerman24bauerman24 Unsigned
edited December 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
How is the $10 charge for export gathered? Via credit card, or through Microsoft points? I am using on the XBox 360. Thanks.

Comments

• BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Everything bought through Xbox Live uses Microsoft Points. This is no different.
  • bauerman24bauerman24 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Yes, but the export is done through this site... you send in the code through the website, and then get a "token" sent to your email. Is this procedure different for XBox?
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2010
    The token sent by the site is used to download the free Export Key to your console, which is necessary for downloading the actual Export Pack. The pack itself is bought through Xbox Live for 800 MS points, and can only be bought once the Export Key has been downloaded.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    BallisticJunkfood;4237961 said:
    Everything bought through Xbox Live uses Microsoft Points. This is no different.
    Small nit--not everything. For some reason, "Games On Demand" are paid for in cash with a credit card and not purchaseable with points. They cost about $20 to $60.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    mikeyts;4238352 said:
    Small nit--not everything. For some reason, "Games On Demand" are paid for in cash with a credit card and not purchaseable with points. They cost about $20 to $60.
    You CAN purchase them with Points. It'll just display in the dollar value, but I think you can pay in Points without changing the display.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;4238437 said:
    You CAN purchase them with Points. It'll just display in the dollar value, but I think you can pay in Points without changing the display.
    Okay--I just checked again and noticed that the X button is mapped to "Pay With Points"; press it and it brings the payment screen back up with a points value for the item and your current points balance (and X gets mapped to "Pay With Credit Card"). It just asks you to pay with cash by default. Clever of them, since they already have the money you paid for your current points balance; if you pay with cash it won't use any of that, and you give them more new money than you would if you paid with points (unless of course your points balance was 0).
  • FourYounglingsFourYounglings Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    wait so i type in this code on the website to get a code to pay 800 mc points?
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2010
    FourYounglings;4241277 said:
    wait so i type in this code on the website to get a code to pay 800 mc points?
    Follow the directions supplied to you on the LEGO manual.

Alternatively, go to the DLC Support Forum, located a bit further down, and find the LEGO Export Thread.
  • HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer
    edited December 2010
    There are also export instructions available in our support section: http://www.rockband.com/support/export-rock-band#exportlego