1/4/11 DLC Discussion - Johnny Cash! Free HMX Pack!!

edited January 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4241468 said:
available on xbox 360, wii and playstation 3 system (jan. 4):

johnny cash pack 01
· “cry, cry, cry”
· “don’t take your guns to town”
· “five feet high and rising”
· “folsom prison blues”
· “i got stripes”
· “i walk the line” x
· “tennessee flat top box” x
· “the ballad of ira hayes”

available on xbox 360 and playstation 3 system (jan. 4):

rock band free pack 01
· abnormality – “visions”
· anarchy club – “get clean”
· bang camaro – “night lies”
· breaking wheel – “shoulder to the plow”
· libyans – “welcome to the neighborhood”
· the main drag – “a jagged gorgeous winter”
· speck – “conventional lover”
· the sterns – “supreme girl”
· that handsome devil – “rob the prez-o-dent”

(all tracks are original master recordings)
(these tracks will be available in europe on playstation 3 system jan. 5)

these tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “johnny cash pack 01” on xbox 360, playstation 3 system and wii, and as “rock band free pack 01” on xbox 360 and playstation 3 system. Tracks marked with “x” will include pro guitar and pro bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 usd, £.99 uk, €1.49 eu (160 microsoft points) per song
$2.00 usd (200 wii points™) per song
$0.99 usd (100 wii points/80 microsoft points), £0.59 uk, €0.79 eu per song for eligible pro guitar/pro bass upgrade
$13.49, £6.69 uk, €9.99 eu (1080 microsoft points, 1,350 wii points) for johnny cash pack 01
free on xbox and playstation 3 for rock band free pack 01

** dates for rock band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

*available on-disc, via download and disc export. Internet connection and export key purchase required. Wii has more than 1,500 song tracks available for purchase on the rock band platform on-disc, via song import, and download. Not applicable to nintendo ds™.

Johnny Cash, you guys!

Comments

• orioles35orioles35 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Uh, seriously though...why doesn't the Wii get the free tracks?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Is the HMX pack available as singles? In other words, do I really have to download Visions, Shoulder to the Plow, and Get Clean again?
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Great songs choice by an awesome artist... but for me it doesn't fit with rock band (or at least, with my vision of the game) so I'll just pass. I'm glad that we finally have some different epic artists in this platform. The awesomeness never ends.

Also: VISIONS PRO DRUMS! JAGGED GORGEOUS WINTER WITH HARMONIES! FINALLY!!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    orioles35;4242255 said:

Doesn't Nintendo not allow free content in their online stores? Sounds like Nintendo's issue, not Harmonix's fault.
  • orioles35orioles35 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I don't think that's the problem, I can remember downloading a couple of free tracks from the RB2 music store.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Another little question: does anyone knows if the HMX free pack contains pro G/B without the upgrade?
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    It makes sense that the free RB2 songs will have RB3 features. It was said that all DLC post RB3 would have keys and harmonies where applicable. This is DLC post RB3. Basic deduction?

I was hoping for (free) Pro Guitar/Bass for the free songs, as well. I wonder how hard 'Visions' is to play for real, compared to other shredtastic songs.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    orioles35;4242255 said:

Nintendo doesn't allow any free DLC. For reference check the free GH DLC, which is nowhere to be found on the Wii.
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    I hope that the free songs are available individually, because there is no way I am putting up with Visions or Shoulder to the Plow.

And I really dislike Johnny Cash or any country for that matter, so a pass for me.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Johnny Cash + Updated versions of old songs for free = Win in my book :D
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Doggone double post.....forums still acting funny for me....
  • HobertsHoberts Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Lots of people mentioning ring of fire (we know it's coming) but personally I would have loved to see more songs with June Carter Cash - am I the only one who thinks 'Jackson' could rival 'under pressure' as top RB3 duet?!
  • dschex199dschex199 Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Pankrazzo;4242266 said:
    Nintendo doesn't allow any free DLC. For reference check the free GH DLC, which is nowhere to be found on the Wii.

Really? Because GH5 has free DLC.

Why no free pack for Wii!?!? I'd gladly pay for those songs!
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    thanks HMX for Johnny Cash, my buddy will be so excited when i tell him!!
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    dschex199;4242275 said:
    Really? Because GH5 has free DLC.

Why no free pack for Wii!?!? I'd gladly pay for those songs!

Check when the last free content was released. It was a long time ago and the Wii has not received any of the free content released on the other systems since then.
  • navanbnavanb Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Wow! Nice surprise on the cash.. Maybe Hurt and Cocaine blues at some point??
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I may get a couple of Cash songs, but I am snatching up Souixsie/Band on the Run [I'm on the PS3].

I also am excited to play Visions of my keyboard, I guess. But it's good to get the RB2 songs back, that's for sure.
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited December 2010
    Will definitely get "Folsom Prison Blues" and "I Walk The Line", not terribly interested in the rest.

Looking forward to finally having "Get Clean", "Night Lies" and "Supreme Girl" back!
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    No on Johnny Cash, and Hurt is better when it's the NIN version.

But, I can FINALLY have Visions back, and ignore everything else.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I thought that the Wii had the free Doors pack through the in-game store for the first week?
  • IBKIBKIBKIBK Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Pankrazzo;4242266 said:

Lie, i have 21 free songs on rock band (including still alive) and 16 free songs in guitar hero. And the free pack of the doors, fanboy catch-22? Long time ago too? Another major disappointment from HMX....
  • Zoodles95Zoodles95 Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Wow... Just wow (in a good way).

I am a headbanger from the 1980s but I have been loving the classic rock recently and now Cash. I am not a country guy but I learned to respect Cash's work after watching "Walk The Line". I am on the PS3 so I will have a lot of downloading to do next week. All of the Cash, the free stuff (thanks HMX). I will be picking up Siouxie but not sure about which McCartney stuff I will snag.

Even though I am not a Country fan for the most part I am happy to see it here. I did not buy any Snoop Dog but I am sure there are those that love being able to play than on Rock Band.

Good job HMX. What a wat to bring in the new year! :)
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Johnny Cash is great, this will the oldest DLC in Rock Band, and if they are the original recordings, our first 50's songs (Technically Orbisons are the first but they were re-records). I'm kind of low on money so I'll add some of the songs to my DLC buylist, which is around 100 songs still. But its great to get those RB2 HMX songs back, I will enjoy those.
    edited December 2010
    IBKIBK;4242295 said:
    Lie, i have 21 free songs on rock band (including still alive) and 16 free songs in guitar hero. And the free pack of the doors, fanboy catch-22? Long time ago too? Another major disappointment from HMX....

And how old are those songs? Guitar Hero hasn't had free dlc since before GH5 Neversoft thank you pack? Oumette stuff? Muse, MCR stuff? The Doors songs are the only exception within at least a year. Any example old than that is irrelevant things change.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Johnny Cash?

Best. DLC. Ever.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey Guys and Gals!

Glad you're excited about this pack. I saw some questions so here's some clarification:

The HMX Pack does not contain keys/harmonies/pro-guitar or bass. It is also only availably as a pack, not individually as singles.

I'm still wrangling the RBN Tracks list, so stay tuned.
  • BonE74MeBonE74Me Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    HMXPope;4242199 said:
    Johnny Cash, you guys!

Holy SH*T, that's badass.

Hellz yeah, HMX. ;)

Oh, and uh... Visions is... great. Too.
    edited December 2010
    HMXPope;4242313 said:
    Hey Guys and Gals!

Glad you're excited about this pack. I saw some questions so here's some clarification:

The HMX Pack does not contain keys/harmonies/pro-guitar or bass. It is also only availably as a pack, not individually as singles.

If there's no upgrades what was the point of releasing it after the export?
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I actually jumped out of my seat when I saw Johnny Cash. DLC is back to awesome!!! Can't wait for when Ring of Fire is released as a single. I would have liked A Boy Named Sue as well but never mind.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    HMXPope;4242313 said:
    Hey Guys and Gals!

Well, thats a letdown, we waited 2 months for these tracks and we don't even get some harmonies? Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining, they're free.